MTV UK: Dom Howard: “I’d Love Killers, Frank Ocean Collab"

Furygirl

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/muse/376441-muse-s-dom-howard-i-d-love-killers-frank-ocean-collaborations

Muse drummer Dom Howard has revealed to MTV News he would “love” to collaborate with The Killers and Frank Ocean. Killers frontman Brandon Flowers teased a future collaboration between the rock superstars when both bands performed at last year’s MTV EMAs in Frankfurt. And Howard – speaking exclusively to MTV News backstage before Muse’s brilliant War Child BRITs gig – told us he’s up for working together.

“I’d love to do something with The Killers,” said the sticksman. “They’re good friends of ours and I think it would be pretty epic.” “Collaborating with artists from different genres would be interesting – someone like Frank Ocean would be cool. I saw him do a gig recently in LA and it was wicked. He seems like a cool dude and I like what he’s doing musically.”

After wowing fans with their 2nd Law Tour, this summer Muse will be rocking stadiums across Europe with Howard promising an even more spectacular night. “We’re working on a similar but much bigger version of what we’re doing now in the arenas,” he teased. “We might continue with the pyramid theme, but it’s going to be very different.”

Howard also defended the surprise choice of Dizzee Rascal as Muse’s support act for all of their UK stadium shows. Explaining the band’s friendship with the rapper, he said: “We spent a lot of time with Dizzee touring Australia and we hung out a bit and had a few laughs.” “It’s a very different style of music to us but he can really get the crowd pumped up and jumping, so I think it’ll be exciting and really fun.”

In October Muse scored their fourth straight No. 1 album with The 2nd Law, but the Teignmouth trio won’t be making their seventh studio LP until at least 2014.

“Next time it would be nice to rein some of the epicness in,” admitted Howard. “I like playing the heavier stuff, but we love playing mellow things as well. Maybe we’ll find a new sound for the band and stick with it, rather than sound like three different bands within the first three songs of the album, which is cool but it’s quite shocking.”

Since first forming in 1994 under the name Gothic Plague, Muse have sold more than 15 million albums worldwide and won numerous awards, including five MTV EMAs. But their drummer can’t imagine him, Matt Bellamy and Chris Wolstenholme playing live for as long as rock and roll legends The Rolling Stones.

“It’ll reach a point when it’s going to look ridiculous us going out on-stage playing Stockholm Syndrome – we’re going to reach an age where that looks stupid,” conceded Howard, who celebrated his 35th birthday in December.

“But we’re definitely going to continue for many, many years. We’ve always wanted to be the band who made 12 albums, but I can’t see myself rocking out on the drums when I’m 60.”

“Next time it would be nice to rein some of the epicness in,” admitted Howard. “I like playing the heavier stuff, but we love playing mellow things as well.

Sounds cool, but what will happen is:

Fandom: "Yay! More songs like Animals"

Muse 7th album: 5 remaking of Explorers.

“Maybe we’ll find a new sound for the band and stick with it, rather than sound like three different bands within the first three songs of the album, which is cool but it’s quite shocking.”

This sounds promising.

yesyesyesyes

Arthritis? :LOL:

:(

“Maybe we’ll find a new sound for the band and stick with it, rather than sound like three different bands within the first three songs of the album, which is cool but it’s quite shocking.”

This sounds promising.

:yesey: but remember this is Dominic 'I want to bring back muscle museum' Howard

Anyone but the Killers, please :'(.

They are, with the exception of Mumford & Sons, the blandest band around at the moment.

yeah theres a reason i dont go and see the Killers anymore.. :noey: if i wanted to go watch whimiscal pop rock crap id go watch them or bon jovi.. no.thanks.

i just hope the band dont make an album just because they're forced in a contract. And Stockholm Syndrome will never sound stupid..

I like The Killers but I'm not sure how a collaboration would work. Given Frank Ocean is mainly famous as a songwriter for Bieber, on the other hand, I really don't like the sound. But it can't be any worse than the idea of a Vaccines-One Direction collab.

As for the other stuff, more pyramids? Really?

Anyone but the Killers, please :'(.

They are, with the exception of Mumford & Sons, the blandest band around at the moment.

Nah, they are a fun band. You could probably throw a stone at the NME awards and hit 5 bands a square metre that are blander than them.

Given Frank Ocean is mainly famous as a songwriter for Bieber

Bit of an unfair description there :LOL: He basically had the most critically acclaimed album last year.

Given Frank Ocean is mainly famous as a songwriter for Bieber, on the other hand, I really don't like the sound. But it can't be any worse than the idea of a Vaccines-One Direction collab.

Congratulations, you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.

Nope.

Yes.

I admit not being into the latest Springsteen-y stuff but generally speaking they can make some really fun electro-pop/rock songs.

However, isn't Dom already collabrating with them in a way with the Vicky Cryer project?

Archived