Playing Unsustainable

arj225

blackstaghghg?

Sounds great either way - the timing of the effects (or whatever you want to call it) is much more accurate than mine. i think i've got the overall patterns and switching correct for the most part, just need to clean it up

and were you doing -2 octaves or +2 octaves for the nut strike part? switching -2 octaves on and off is the closest I've got.

Blackstshbdajhsdbvasjhdgasjhgajhg indeed

Yeah I think I've pretty much got the 'drop' bang on, edited some bits today, apart from the nut strike part. At the moment I think I've got it switching between bypass and +2oct, but that's cos I can't actually strike behind the nut so to get that pitch I have to put +2 oct. Maybe if I try -2 and +2

Well I currently have no whammy :(

Ah. I can see why this would be a dilemma

Get one off US eBay for like £110 :awesome:

Until you get customs charging you

:supersad: I think half my pedalboard at the moment actually comes from James in some way

Well I currently have no whammy :(

:pope:

Blackstshbdajhsdbvasjhdgasjhgajhg indeed

Yeah I think I've pretty much got the 'drop' bang on, edited some bits today, apart from the nut strike part. At the moment I think I've got it switching between bypass and +2oct, but that's cos I can't actually strike behind the nut so to get that pitch I have to put +2 oct. Maybe if I try -2 and +2

Oh right

maybe for that part, try it like

bypass, -2 octave, bypass, -2 octave, bypass

I might have forgot something, but it does have the original pitch in there. It's almost like a tremolo effect

I need to try it with -1 octave as well just to see if it sounds any better

:pope:

Oh right

maybe for that part, try it like

bypass, -2 octave, bypass, -2 octave, bypass

I might have forgot something, but it does have the original pitch in there. It's almost like a tremolo effect

I need to try it with -1 octave as well just to see if it sounds any better

Yeah will try it out soon. I've given up guitar for the moment as I got so frustrated earlier trying to work out the automation stuff on the verse :LOL: For some reason I know exactly how it goes in my head, where each programme change is and all, what note, it's just putting in the expression part of it, cannot do, doing my head in

e-------

B--15--

G--13--

D-------

A-------

E-------

on the -1 octave setting

should write out a tab to go with the MIDI file as I've already sent it to a few people

/qualitycontrolfail

edit:

wait, it might have actually been one fret lower. I can't remember :facepalm:

Has anyone done the middle part of the song yet? I had a go at it a while back, but really had no idea what to do.

I think I've got the main parts of my track fairly accurate.... though it needs a bit of cleaning up

I have a cover of the live version of the middle part back a couple pages. I was asking if someone could use the info about it learned (like the pitch shifting patterns and notes because they're spot on) that could make an autowhammy file so I don't have to do it manually like I did in the cover.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Dominic, have you seen this?

Yeah, prety solid cover. There are some bits where I think the guitar sounds a bit thin/is probably playing a different tab, although there's also some bits which are pulled off a lot better than I have at the moment. Like the actual first note thing, I'm just playing 12th then 13th fret while that one actually sounds like how Matt does it

EDIT: Is it your cover? If so what tab do you actually play?

Edited by Dominic.

Yeah so what exactly are you playing guitar wise? I think I've sorta worked it out from the outtake stuff but just wanna check

To be honest I think it's pointless for me anyway as any chords sound fucking dire like white noise with the UO anyway unless they're octaves or fifths

Right, I think it's pretty much accurate apart from what I've mentioned in previous comments. Verse I think is spot on, bit different to citizen-erasers. Will do a proper cover with video when I get jazzmaster but here's audio for now I guess

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dickmovedom/test2[/soundcloud]

That was badass....I want that file and the name of the program you use to play it. Is it like you're playing into your laptop with no effects and then the program applies it after or can you have it outputted through your amp so it actually sounds live like you're just playing it??

Also the verse is good. It is more like the album version where the pitch shifting goes up and down on each note. On the live version that I covered (saitama pro shot) each pitch shift is single for each note. I can't think of a good way to explain it but each pitch shift that happens on each note that has the whammy notation on my tab its one solid single pitch shift either up or down not both.

That was badass....I want that file and the name of the program you use to play it. Is it like you're playing into your laptop with no effects and then the program applies it after or can you have it outputted through your amp so it actually sounds live like you're just playing it??

Also the verse is good. It is more like the album version where the pitch shifting goes up and down on each note. On the live version that I covered (saitama pro shot) each pitch shift is single for each note. I can't think of a good way to explain it but each pitch shift that happens on each note that has the whammy notation on my tab its one solid single pitch shift either up or down not both.

The verse is identical to the saitama live version as far as I can tell, spent all afternoon trying to get it spot on

I use Logic since the whole MIDI thing on there I found easier than Ableton. Not through laptop

signal path is:

Guitar -> Whammy 5 (which is being controlled by Logic on my laptop via MIDI) -> Ultimate Octave -> Amp

and then mic and back to logic

The verse is identical to the saitama live version as far as I can tell, spent all afternoon trying to get it spot on

I use Logic since the whole MIDI thing on there I found easier than Ableton. Not through laptop

signal path is:

Guitar -> Whammy 5 (which is being controlled by Logic on my laptop via MIDI) -> Ultimate Octave -> Amp

and then mic and back to logic

Will it work with a whammy 4? I'm just trying to figure out how to set this up I've never used any midi programs to play guitar lol

Will it work with a whammy 4? I'm just trying to figure out how to set this up I've never used any midi programs to play guitar lol

Yeah should do, talked about it a few pages back. I posted what settings I've intended it to be, maybe someone else can change it to IV that has more knowledge about that stuff if you can't. Trying to upload to dropbox but it isn't liking it, will try on another site

Also just listened to the verse with the volume up louder and yeah you got it pretty spot on. The first time I did it with the volume low (family in the room) and it sounded like you had an up down up pattern on the automation but nah you got it spot on! It sounds amazing.

Yeah should do, talked about it a few pages back. I posted what settings I've intended it to be, maybe someone else can change it to IV that has more knowledge about that stuff if you can't. Trying to upload to dropbox but it isn't liking it, will try on another site

Ok cool. Yeah I saw the guy asking about whammy 4 but it seemed like he didn't have any success and idk anything about these programs and midi controlled stuff. Also what is the ultimate octave doing? Like would a laptop, logic, whammy be enough once I have your file and your tab?

All the logic file and MIDI file stuff or some crap https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4rels8pha9euy0/Unsustainable%20MIDI%20Whammy.mid

Used a Whammy 5 into an Ultimate Octave with +oct setting on

e--------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------------------------------

B-------------------------|------------------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------------------------------

G-------------------------|-----------------------------|------------------------|-------------------------------------------------

D-------------------------|------------------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------------------------------

A--12----------13-------|-0------0---12*------------|--12--------13-------|-13-13b-13b--13b-13b-13b--13b-13b--

E-------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------------------------------

e---------------------------------0-------0------------------------------------------------------------------

B--------------------------------0--------0------------------------------------------------------------------

G--------------------------------0--------0-----------------------------------------------------------------

D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A--10*------------13--|--12------12-------|--12--------------13--|--13-13-13-13-13-13-13-13---

E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and on the second time end it

D--13*-13*-13*-13*-13*-13*

A--12*-12*-12*-12*-12*-12*

Not sure about the main 12-13 bits but it's the only thing I can really do with the UO

Verse

e---------------------------------12--

B--------------------------------------

G--------------------------9----------

D--------------------------------------

A--0-0--0-0--0-0--0-0-----0------

E--------------------------------------

except a string goes 0-8-5-7-3-5-0

The higher note pattern is

e------------------12-----------------------------------------------12-------------12---

B---------------------------------------------------5--5----------------------------------

G--9--9------9-----------9--9--------9--9-------------------9---------------9--------

D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

savvy?

Edited by Dominic.

Ok cool. Yeah I saw the guy asking about whammy 4 but it seemed like he didn't have any success and idk anything about these programs and midi controlled stuff. Also what is the ultimate octave doing? Like would a laptop, logic, whammy be enough once I have your file and your tab?

Yeah laptop logic and whammy would be enough, obv as long as you can connect whammy to computer

And I thought it didn't work for Tom because he doesn't have a whammy?

Yeah laptop logic and whammy would be enough, obv as long as you can connect whammy to computer

And I thought it didn't work for Tom because he doesn't have a whammy?

Ha ok yeah I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to that conversation but I just remember no success. Well cool I'm gonna go try this out. I've never been exactly sure which whammy model I got but I'm pretty sure its a 4 and that can be hooked up via midi.