Playing Unsustainable

arj225

If you're referring to mine there is no midi file. I recorded it just direct into my laptop with a whammy pedal. Actually doing the pitch shifting manually.

no i was talking about doms, just listened to yours again and thats really good for manual.

what whammy is that your using?

Oh right, yeah I have the whammy 5, so you might need to switch around the programe change to match whatever whammy you have

7 is 1 oct down

0 is 2oct up

8 is 2oct down

22 is bypass

1 is 1 oct up

I also use an Ultimate Octave with the oct up setting on to give it that harshish toan which also affects the harmonics so you might need to change what octave that's set to as well

When I saw them (last october) I think he played the whammy movements with the XY pad. He was far from his pedalboard. Or someone play it backstage...

no its all controlled with midi theres to many changes in the whammy modes to do it manually. the verse on the lbum i think he did it manually though ^^

no its all controlled with midi theres to many changes in the whammy modes to do it manually. the verse on the lbum i think he did it manually though ^^

OK.

Judging by the making of video, yep, he did it manually on the album.

I wouldn't take those making of videos quite so seriously, I mean sure maybe he did do it manually but still not certain. On the takes which don't have the actual finished song over the top, like it's actual camera audio you don't get a great view but his leg on the treadle doesn't seem to move much. Might be wrong though

I wouldn't take those making of videos quite so seriously, I mean sure maybe he did do it manually but still not certain. On the takes which don't have the actual finished song over the top, like it's actual camera audio you don't get a great view but his leg on the treadle doesn't seem to move much. Might be wrong though

I agree. Those videos only show a snippet of footage regarding it.

Is whammy 5 expression not on cc11? I can't remember the details really, I just clicked on expression in logic then drew out the fancy bits...speaking of which, does anyone know how to actually do curved automation lines in logic?

If no one has a whammy 5 then I imagine it should be easy enough to convert that file for whammy 4 or DT. I posted above what the intended programme changes/whammy settings are

Is whammy 5 expression not on cc11? I can't remember the details really, I just clicked on expression in logic then drew out the fancy bits...speaking of which, does anyone know how to actually do curved automation lines in logic?

If no one has a whammy 5 then I imagine it should be easy enough to convert that file for whammy 4 or DT. I posted above what the intended programme changes/whammy settings are

I meant the actual commands (which are different on the IV) rather than the channel. I don't think mine is set on CC11 anyway, so it might not matter

and yeah, there should be something called automation curve tool to the top right of where you do all the automation work.

I meant the actual commands (which are different on the IV) rather than the channel. I don't think mine is set on CC11 anyway, so it might not matter

and yeah, there should be something called automation curve tool to the top right of where you do all the automation work.

I see, when I get my new cab and can properly use new amp and all will give it a go reworking it all to try and get it as accurate as possible, then when new guitar arrives can actually record youtube cover :awesome:

[ATTACH]15360[/ATTACH]

click that ^^ its an attachment

so wait, I kinda get the idea, but what exactly do you mean by say...7up on the d string then 9 up on the g string. What exactly do the numbers represent and are you just playing the open D and G strings?

EDIT: or do the numbers represent the fret? It's the way it's in brackets that confuses me I guess. I don't know if it's like 9 steps up or some weird shit like that

Post examples.

inb4 mine

nah I like yours cos it's like, actual pwoper (urgh) and decent

There's another whammy one, with an MA, but the tone sounds so thin and horrible and the guy playing stands so still and static

basically most of the ones that don't have like the pitch shifting stuff annoy me

nah I like yours cos it's like, actual pwoper (urgh) and decent

There's another whammy one, with an MA, but the tone sounds so thin and horrible and the guy playing stands so still and static

basically most of the ones that don't have like the pitch shifting stuff annoy me

Well

doesn't have pitch shifting but I still liked it mainly for resourcefulness seeing as it was one of the first.

Also no one will ever top this one