Playing Unsustainable

arj225

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've been able to play unsustainable with the pod hd500x the same as matt! Here's a vid of it in action:

I used reaper to automate the whammy shifting and setting changes. The download for the patch and reaper project are in the description. Also, i've made the effect exactly how the original is (in the video it wasn't done yet).

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've been able to play unsustainable with the pod hd500x the same as matt! Here's a vid of it in action:

I used reaper to automate the whammy shifting and setting changes. The download for the patch and reaper project are in the description. Also, i've made the effect exactly how the original is (in the video it wasn't done yet).

I have never seen anyone do that with a HD500x, I have a DT25 and should be getting a HD500x soon so I'll give this a go then :)

Yeah I've also done MOTP, the files pretty much done, just need to copy and paste the right patterns in the right places :p

How did you get Map of the problematic to work? I thought the pitch shifter was monophonic on the line 6...

How did you get Map of the problematic to work? I thought the pitch shifter was monophonic on the line 6...

It is monophonic.. I tried making it work for a while but it sounded stupid cuz you could hear it sliding in between notes. So one day I finally had the idea of setting up two separate pitch shifters and turning them on and off with reaper. And that's how I do it lol

• 1 year later...

Recently I bought a Whammy 5 and I created a midi file to control the effect in Motp.

Now I started creating a midi file for Unsustainable, but is too hard... Anyone has got a midi file to control Whammy while playing Unsustainable and can share it with me? :rolleyes:

I've seen that Dominic had posted it, but old links don't work :(

Edited by Vanduz

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gentlemen.

Any of you have the whammy DT?

I need to verify the program change numbers. I'm making a DT version of the file for someone else, and can't test it myself. Are the numbers in the manual all off by one (like with the whammy 5) or... are they actually correct?

Does nerd herd know? Because I think he's the only other person here right now.

Gentlemen.

Any of you have the whammy DT?

I need to verify the program change numbers. I'm making a DT version of the file for someone else, and can't test it myself. Are the numbers in the manual all off by one (like with the whammy 5) or... are they actually correct?

Does nerd herd know? Because I think he's the only other person here right now.

The numbers in the manual are correct from what I remember. You could send me the MIDI file and I’d test it with my DT.

The numbers in the manual are correct from what I remember. You could send me the MIDI file and I’d test it with my DT.

That's unfortunate. I already sent him the file with the incorrect numbers then :facepalm:

I could send it to you, but I'd need to put a disclaimer with it. Last time I sent it to someone, they complained that their whammy wasn't working normally afterwards...

That's unfortunate. I already sent him the file with the incorrect numbers then :facepalm:

I could send it to you, but I'd need to put a disclaimer with it. Last time I sent it to someone, they complained that their whammy wasn't working normally afterwards...

I might be wrong about the numbers, it’s ages since I did anything like that with the CC numbers and all that stuff.

Realised after I posted that I haven’t installed a DAW on my new laptop yet :facepalm:. Hahahaha how does a MIDI file break a whammy? :LOL:

I might be wrong about the numbers, it’s ages since I did anything like that with the CC numbers and all that stuff.

Realised after I posted that I haven’t installed a DAW on my new laptop yet :facepalm:. Hahahaha how does a MIDI file break a whammy? :LOL:

I guess that's what I'm here for :nerd:

I have no clue. The guy could have been winding me up, but apparently recalibrating sorted it out... having said that, I've never had that happen with mine (and remember I'm writing the track with it too)

I don't think I'll entertain such requests this time. One guy in a tribute band offered to pay, but I never heard back from him after I replied with a certain hashtag.

Think it got the message across anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some of the middle section done, but also trying to get a half decent fuzz sound. I imagine he's still using a direct fuzz factory... at least for some of it.

But whammy into FF doesn't really work on the low notes at all, and the reverse order is the wrong sound. #JaicenApproved though.

A certain other oscillating fuzz gets a better sound.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jamespetrow/whammy-abuse[/soundcloud]

Ignore the backing track. It's not going to upload otherwise.

While it does have similar qualities to the fuzz factory, I don't think it works as well when run direct. Oscillation is much more difficult to control as well.

For what it's worth, I've never remotely thought he used the Fuzz Factory on Unsustainable, and it definitely didn't sound like it live. I always assumed it was just a light-ish distortion with the Whammy doing most of the work. It doesn't really sound fuzzy to me.

For what it's worth, I've never remotely thought he used the Fuzz Factory on Unsustainable, and it definitely didn't sound like it live. I always assumed it was just a light-ish distortion with the Whammy doing most of the work. It doesn't really sound fuzzy to me.

Definitely not live, but I'm pretty sure it's a direct fuzz factory in the studio version - but maybe not for all parts. That note at the very end sounds like it to me.