Watch Muse Live From Shepherd's Bush Now!

KirkBot

"Directors Cut of full show coming soon!" (in description)

> cut

> full

:LOL: Anyways, yeah I missed out on the actual stream because of timezone difference so it'd be nice to have the whole gig up.

You'll be shocked when you find out that pretty much every "Directors cut" of every movie ever is longer than the standard release.

I could not watch the broadcast cause it was too late in my timezone and I had to get up for uni pretty early, but having just watched it, I must say that it's MASSIVE

seems like these small shows always turn out to be a bit cooler, a bit more energetic than the bigger ones

Dead Star was amazingly well recieved and I hope they'll play it more often now

I did not know that Supremacy and PiB were also played until I finished the whole gig. Wonder why they were cut :erm:

And what's up with Matt changing the lyrics in Starlight?

"I have been chasing the starlight", "now I know it's not worth it anymore"

sounded a bit disturbing :stunned:

maybe he's just fed up with this song :chuckle:

oh, and the jumping on piano bit was absolutely spectacular :awesome:

Because his guitars fucked up?

just found that out

I said I could not watch the live broadcast so I wasn't aware of that :p

Matt seems to be too concerned about this stuff, being perfect and all of that

they're perfect anyway, no need to be so bothered about little fails :happy:

just found that out

I said I could not watch the live broadcast so I wasn't aware of that :p

Matt seems to be too concerned about this stuff, being perfect and all of that

they're perfect anyway, no need to be so bothered about little fails :happy:

Yeah sorry didn't mean to sound condescending(for once). :p

Which is false though.

I guess it depends on your perception, but I don't consider 2004 "recent."

If it's not still a world record, well, you can bitch as Musewiki. :LOL:

Thanks for the fact check, though.

And: There were guitar problems in other songs. Still seems weird to remove them.

Dom looked like he was having a heart attack through the entire gig, too. Hot in there?

Has Matt done that before then? smash things up..... :eek:

I thought you were being sarcastic at first. He has chucked his guitar around more recently and he smashed up the glitterati, or as he likes to call it Santa, at the end of the last tour. I don't think we have seen him go for it quite as much as this time for a while. But yes Muse were known for smashing up their gear, and other people's gear by accident once apparently.

I would understand if he's bored with the song, but if that was true (can't remember if he said that, because I remember reading some fake 'quote' someone wrote along those lines, too) than wouldn't quite a lot of the other songs be uncomfortable, too?

Maybe not along the teenage lines, as they've dropped most of the old songs, but even something like Starlight?

Unless PIB really is about something filthy, and we've just all been in denial. :LOL:

I seem to remember Matt spoke about in on a recorded interview, it wasn't a misquote. I'm pretty sure he referred specifically to PIB, not entirely sure. But I think he was using it as an example for something he felt about old songs in general. I don't think he was saying he really hated them or anything like that. I think he was just trying to explain that he found it difficult to relate old songs with lyrics that he written when he was much younger as he no longer had the same mindset.

And what's up with Matt changing the lyrics in Starlight?

"I have been chasing the starlight", "now I know it's not worth it anymore"

sounded a bit disturbing :stunned:

maybe he's just fed up with this song :chuckle:

Maybe he was referring to stardom. I don't know. It depends what Starlight means to him.

I doubt he was referring to life not being worth it anymore, if that is what you were worried about. Hopefully not! :chuckle:

Incidentally I noticed that the offending Madness comment had also been removed from the edited stream.

I seem to remember Matt spoke about in on a recorded interview, it wasn't a misquote. I'm pretty sure he referred specifically to PIB, not entirely sure. But I think he was using it as an example for something he felt about old songs in general. I don't think he was saying he really hated them or anything like that. I think he was just trying to explain that he found it difficult to relate old songs with lyrics that he written when he was much younger as he no longer had the same mindset.

Maybe he was referring to stardom. I don't know. It depends what Starlight means to him.

I doubt he was referring to life not being worth it anymore, if that is what you were worried about. Hopefully not! :chuckle:

Incidentally I noticed that the offending Madness comment had also been removed from the edited stream.

I DO remember the interview you are speaking of, and yeah, he did say that. I was remembering some assumption where someone tied it in to PiB, and how he just avoids the "childish love songs."

It's got to be a tough thing not connecting to crowd favorite songs, and having to keep at them.

I didn't notice the Starlight changes, because my stream took a shit a few times during the gig.

I won't link the article, but his ex had said she considered Starlight "their" song, and maybe the changes reflect that?

I always assumed "starlight" was the crowd at a concert, but maybe it was the girlfriend, who knows?

If it's the former, the new lyrics... :'(

If it's the latter... it's actually kinda funny. ;)

I'd rather see PiB than Starlight... it's getting old.

Archived