Single Choices for T2L

Saint Rockwell

Singles as far as Muse are concerned are completely irrelevant these days, tbh.

Strongly disagreed considering how many people still seem go to their gigs only to hear a handful of singles. Or only beacuse of them, and then get into the rest.

My point is that it was the right choice and I think it would have done better than other songs.

Yeah but what you said doesn't really make any other point than that Madness was a successful single, so not really anything that disproves my point. I just think they could have gotten more out of a wider selection of singles if the timing with Supremacy and Follow Me was better. If Madness is such a good single, it wouldn't matter if it was after Supremacy or not, would it?

We do know. It boomed.

In fact, every Muse single this album has completely boomed in Ireland. Not a single air-play, and I listen to the radio a lot.

Think you're getting boomed and bombed mixed up there, and unfortunately they're complete opposites :LOL: But yeah, Muse and singles don't seem to go too well nowadays

Yes. Deal with it.

And that's why your post is stupid :)

Strongly disagreed considering how many people still seem go to their gigs only to hear a handful of singles. Or only beacuse of them, and then get into the rest.

Yeah I think in general Muse does have some strong reliance on singles.

And that's why your post is stupid :)

:)

Yeah but what you said doesn't really make any other point than that Madness was a successful single, so not really anything that disproves my point. I just think they could have gotten more out of a wider selection of singles if the timing with Supremacy and Follow Me was better. If Madness is such a good single, it wouldn't matter if it was after Supremacy or not, would it?

Having a better lead single helps promote the album more and it's better to start off with a bang.

How can I disprove a hypothetical situation? Supremacy might have done better but I don't fucking know. Nobody does. It's just my opinion that Madness is a more radio friendly track and would have been more successful.

Having a better lead single helps promote the album more and it's better to start off with a bang.

How can I disprove a hypothetical situation? Supremacy might have done better but I don't fucking know. Nobody does. It's just my opinion that Madness is a more radio friendly track and would have been more successful.

That's why I think Supremacy would've been better as a first single, since I think it's more of a BOOM we're back kind of track. Similar to the Unsustainable trailer. I remember watching that when I was out in Brighton and being shocked as fuck when it kicked in

If they still released two singles before the actual album release then Supremacy and Madness (lol first two tracks) would've been sick

ACTUALLY HOLD ON. How much of a say does the band have in the tracklisting. Cos especially the last two albums, it's the first tracks on the album that seem to be very singles based. Is that actually a band decision or some corporate bullshit thing iuno

Yeah I think in general Muse does have some strong reliance on singles.

Considering the success Madness got even without any form of promotion at all from the record company, I don't see how it couldn't still matter. If anything, singles are more important now than ever.

Disprove is the wrong word but you have to realise why "I don't think so, Madness was very popular" doesn't really say anything. Since we don't know how popular Supremacy could have been.

ACTUALLY HOLD ON. How much of a say does the band have in the tracklisting. Cos especially the last two albums, it's the first tracks on the album that seem to be very singles based. Is that actually a band decision or some corporate bullshit thing iuno

Muse (and other bands) tend to stack their singles at the beginning. I seem to notice it more nowadays but I could be completely wrong about that.

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Apocalypse Please

Time is Running Out

Sing for Absolution

Stockholm Syndrome

I really don't understand muse when it comes to singles. Why follow me was a single and not released in the USA just doesn't make sense to me. Kind of killed the buzz from madness, plus I heard chris say recently in an interview that supremacy would be the same. Why even go through the effort of making these videos with no push to make them popular? It's a shame because I think everyone felt that supremacy and panic station were real chances to break the charts.

I really don't understand muse when it comes to singles. Why follow me was a single and not released in the USA just doesn't make sense to me. Kind of killed the buzz from madness, plus I heard chris say recently in an interview that supremacy would be the same. Why even go through the effort of making these videos with no push to make them popular? It's a shame because I think everyone felt that supremacy and panic station were real chances to break the charts.

Panic Station is the next single for the US.

If only music video for Supremacy was better... But I suppose MVs won't affect too much though.

But yes, it's kinda obvious to see they're giving less efforts to push the singles aside Madness, such as Follow Me. It was released but it didn't give too much then we already got Supremacy before Follow Me even gain some popularity. I mean, I just don't want FM to just disappear like that, hope it will emerge again later this year (if that's even possible) so at least it'd last for a while and get some more plays.

Hope Muse will give their best to promote Panic Station, it's such a good song and I don't wanna see it ended up like FM

I never heard madness on the radio in Australia, but undisclosed every week or so, occasionally uprising!

I think Madness did chart in Austraila but not very high (Survival did better i think) Radio stations have a rep for only playing the most popular and requested songs.

Uprising is one of there most succesfull singles over there so it makes sense why it is heard every now and then. Shockingly though Undisclosed Desires is Muse's BEST charting single in Austraila which would be why it is played a lot on Radio.

* All information shown here was taken from Wikipedia's Muse Discography page so may not be 100% accurate * (was just interusted to look after you said UD got played a lot)

Archived