Feb 2013 Canadian interview w/ Matt and Dom

Furygirl

I'm excited, but at the same time nervous, hearing Matt say in almost every interview that he wants to do acoustic stuff. I'm afraid it could turn out very cheesy. I like Explorers but I don't really want another song like that.

I don't think it would turn out like Explorers at all

I'm excited, but at the same time nervous, hearing Matt say in almost every interview that he wants to do acoustic stuff. I'm afraid it could turn out very cheesy. I like Explorers but I don't really want another song like that.

I know he's mentioned it a fair bit, but I'm not sure how much it is just something to say when asked what they might do in the future. I don't think they really know yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you link it here? :happy:

Sorry! I haven’t seen your comment until now. It’s from a Spanish magazine, so I’ll try to translate it:

What would happen if one day you come to the studio and tell Chris and Dominic: “Lads, let’s make a record like Nick Drake”?

Well, the truth is it would be very nice to make an album in which there were a few acoustic songs, moving away a bit from the big rock songs and electronic sounds and introducing a much more organic sound. For us it would be a challenge.

Why haven’t you done it? Have you tried it?

Yes, every time I try they don’t like. But I don’t despair!, one day I will conquer their resistance!.

Sorry! I haven’t seen your comment until now. It’s from a Spanish magazine, so I’ll try to translate it:

What would happen if one day you come to the studio and tell Chris and Dominic: “Lads, let’s make a record like Nick Drake”?

Well, the truth is it would be very nice to make an album in which there were a few acoustic songs, moving away a bit from the big rock songs and electronic sounds and introducing a much more organic sound. For us it would be a challenge.

Why haven’t you done it? Have you tried it?

Yes, every time I try they don’t like. But I don’t despair!, one day I will conquer their resistance!.

Oh this is cool. Thanks for typing that up. So Matt is being serious then. :)