Supremacy Video Now On NME.com

KirkBot

Or even a 5 minute version of the pingpong video.

One day Matt is going to look back on this and go

tumblr_inline_mht778QdDt1qz4rgp.gif

:

I bet that photo with Dom's caption "Trying to break the ice at the Supremacy video shoot" (or smth like this) was an omen that things will be seriously shit :D

you guys are cracking me up :LOL:

>:facemelt: song, :facemelt: live, :facemelt: lyric video :facemelt: music video

>muse

pick one :chuckle:

I stopped watching it a minute in when the sound got muffled to represent being under water (that or NME video sucks. Well I already know that but I'm pretty sure they did the water thing too). None of it makes sense. Whatever. Doesn't make the song worse.

I'm so confused by this. It's not even deep, or layered with hidden/complex meaning, it's just... I really don't know :LOL:

I'm assuming they were going for the jarring juxtaposition 'effect' cos the visuals simply don't match or complement the ambience of the song in any way - I kept waiting for 'California', the theme song to The OC, to play instead of Supremacy. Even the goths don't give it a dark quality, and the surfboarding...?

It just left me, for the first time ever with Muse, not feeling much of anything. It kinda lessens the impact of the song because it's stripped of its atmospheric quality with this warm, fun-in-the-gothic-sun vibe :wtf:

They shouldn't have tried, really, because the lyric video did it very well: it's exactly what you'd expect for this song, so the fact that they filmed exactly what you wouldn't expect for the hell of it seems pointless.

And to veer off topic for a separate moan, this does NOT make up for the fact that we're getting no physical copies of singles, and in some cases no singles at all (Follow Me was never available to buy in single format, so how could it technically be a single if it wasn't released?)

/rant over

Erm, yeah, it's not the most striking video they have ever made. :LOL:

But maybe if there is any point in it at all, it is meant to be about the triviality of their rebellion - that they paint their faces and do stupid stuff, but actually they are little different from the clean living kids who spend all their time surfing.

Still looking forward to panic station...as long as they wear the outfits we have seen.

But maybe if there is any point in it at all, it is meant to be about the triviality of their rebellion - that they paint their faces and do stupid stuff, but actually they are little different from the clean living kids who spend all their time surfing.

I knew that you would have tried to find a meaning in it :LOL:

I knew that you would have tried to find a meaning in it :LOL:

Well no harm in looking for a meaning before dismissing it as having no meaning. I'm inclined towards thinking it more likely that they didn't really put much thought into this one, but you never know. If there is a meaning to it, maybe they will explain it at some point.

okay bit of a strange video but there is some symbolism.. i see the kiss/gothic plague point break surfer guys doing their thing. riding the waves for an adrenaline rush, weilding flaming swords, and the three of them at the top of some hill.

wasnt point break about living lives outside the rules of normal society, fuck the system kinda thing. Muse have done things their own way, this vid seems to me kind of about themselves.

Archived