Do you ever feel small at a Muse (or other big bands) concert?

JonDecolongon

When you're a young adult growing up in a harsh world, music is one of the best forms of stress relief. You'll invest so much, psychologically, into a particular artist that it becomes personal to you, you almost feel "special".

My first Muse concert was back in 2010, and I didn't realize how big they were. Hell there were even attractive young girls there, and the stereotype of young girls is that they DON'T listen to good music :LOL: Sometimes I think, damn, how come I don't meet a lot of people that like Muse?

But yeah, just going to a Muse concert makes me realize how much of a bigger world it is out there. I'll be going to my second Muse gig on WED in Vancouver BC Canada, hope to see a few of you MUSERS there! :D

When you're a young adult growing up in a harsh world, music is one of the best forms of stress relief. You'll invest so much, psychologically, into a particular artist that it becomes personal to you, you almost feel "special".

My first Muse concert was back in 2010, and I didn't realize how big they were. Hell there were even attractive young girls there, and the stereotype of young girls is that they DON'T listen to good music :LOL: Sometimes I think, damn, how come I don't meet a lot of people that like Muse?

But yeah, just going to a Muse concert makes me realize how much of a bigger world it is out there. I'll be going to my second Muse gig on WED in Vancouver BC Canada, hope to see a few of you MUSERS there! :D

:happy:

I hope you find more friends there! :happy:

I went two months ago to my first Muse gig alone, because none of my friends like them. I was a bit nervous at first because there were just older people around me, but when they started playing I forgot about everything and just enjoyed the best night of my life so far :happy:

Edited by Malfang

The first really big concert I went to was Coldplay, but I wasn't in the mosh pit, so it wasn't really the same feeling of connection with the other people there (although the concert was amazing :awesome:) but few weeks ago I saw the Killers at a festival, and it was INCREDIBLE!

We waited for an hour and a half in 45 degree heat, and we were all sharing any water that got passed out of the pit and sharing waterbottles, and generally looking out for complete strangers around us. When the band came on, it was insane, everyone just crushed foward and screamed :LOL:

Later, sadly, the mosh pit dispersed a lot, as I don't think some of the people in there were the biggest Killers fans, but me and two other girls were singing every song and sort of had a mutual fangirl over Brandon ;)

It was amazing, and made me realise that there are other people who know how it feels to be so devoted to a band, and to love them as much as I do.

I can't wait to go to Muse when they come to Australia, which will be soon hopefully! I think it will be different, considering it will be a concert specifically for Muse, not a festival :happy:

:shifty:

It's my sister, leave her alone. :p

:mad::$......anyways!

Whenever I go to a Muse concert, I'm always stunned by how many people there are! I know Muse is big but going to a concert a seeing such a mass of people is both shocking and exciting. Waiting in line and getting to know the people around you and hearing everyone's stories and how much you can relate to that person is great! I don't feel small physically but I feel small in the sense that I think that I know Muse but meeting a real real hardcore Muse fan makes me feel small. Yet, I don't feel intimidated, mainly because this Muse community is so welcoming and inviting! I haven't been to many other band's concerts but I doubt I would be able to say the same about their communities.

Pretty sure that her idea of "mosh pit" is the standing area closer to the stage.

Good point :LOL: There was an oval A and oval B, and you couldn't move between them, so the people on oval A were kind of forced into a mosh. I could barely see the stage or that area, though, as I was at the other end of a footy pitch :facepalm:

And I know you guys won't believe me, but it was pretty high energy and there was a great atmosphere, with all the wrist bands lighting up in time with the music and all the lights and stuff.

But yeah, Coldplay = No 'real' mosh pit, I agree with that.