It probably was the best Muse gig I've ever been to. I probably would have enjoyed it more had I knew I was actually going, been able to queue, and got a spot around people who actually looked happy to be there (the guy next to me stood arms folded and totally expressionless for the WHOLE gig, and kept going on facebook instead. £56...), but I guess the last minute race to Shepherd's Bush out of nowhere comes with it's own excitement too.

I was just so happy to be there after all the troubles trying to get a ticket before. I genuinely didn't expect this. And then they gave us Dead Star. :love:

Also as a side note, the piano section worked brilliantly last night. Explorers was nice after how hectic Knights was, and both Sunburn and Eurasia seriously kicked everyone's ass.

Oh, and a snippet of the Vaccines, who I really enjoyed as well. A friend of mine in San Francisco was chatting with one of the guys in the band on Saturday (jetlag ahoy!) and he said they are in negotiations for the stadium tour too. Fingers crossed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKomXTo7kY&list=UU-Oo1gI8WzgYDwA-hroExBg&index=5

See at about 50 secs, bottom right, arm in the air? Me :D

Arni gave me his pick, because I was actually singing to every song, and he gave me a smile and not of appreciation for my "NO TEENAGE ICON" t-shirt... Then, at about 1:08, Justin is singing right at me... We were singing at each other with intense eye contact :p

Did anybody see any other random "famous" people? We could see Rita Ora from the floor on level 1 balcony? Also seen Harry Styles name bounced around, not sure if thats true :LOL:

Yeah he was there, paps got pics of him leaving the gig. Chris' wife and a few of his kids were there too (Kelly took a few pics and put them on her twitter). Rita Ora at a rock gig? that's new to me.

I probably would have enjoyed it more had I knew I was actually going, been able to queue, and got a spot around people who actually looked happy to be there (the guy next to me stood arms folded and totally expressionless for the WHOLE gig, and kept going on facebook instead. £56...), but I guess the last minute race to Shepherd's Bush out of nowhere comes with it's own excitement too.

I had a similar experience. I swear two of the tallest guys in the world were right in front of me AND they spoke all the way through Dead Star. I would of taken them down but like I said they were taller than me. Same reason why I didn't see Matt trash his guitar.

Also, I wish they'd turned the synth music up - I could barely hear it in Dead Star and Uprising... On a positive note, Sunburn and USoE sounded fantastic! I also thought KoC was well placed as it seemed to get people jumping/moshing earlier on in the gig.

Overall, I loved the gig. Fucking Dead Star!!!!

When I first arrived, I was a tad stressed and went to the pub with Pip. I got a pint of cider, she got a double vodka and something. I popped away for about 20 minutes, by the time I got back she'd had another drink was already a bit drunk and the gig was still an hour away! :LOL:

Pub before was quality. Great to see so many people.

Apparently I was on the stream a fair few times...

sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/479853_10151103950529229_257169858_n.jpg

Non-gig pics:

With Matt (I'm turning away:()

sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485266_10151103668914229_319977208_n.jpg

Posters, picks, sticker, setlist

sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535584_10151103293084229_1517117981_n.jpg

Arni's and Matt's picks

sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/528008_10151103293684229_599517860_n.jpg

Signed albums

sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560339_10151103291794229_2137942302_n.jpg

On the blue carpet

sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/155197_10151103653809229_1061415254_n.jpg

With Freddie from The Vaccines

sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36599_10151103653984229_215503149_n.jpg

With Justin from The Vaccines

sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602107_10151103654354229_1097448305_n.jpg

With Pete and Arni from The Vaccines

sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225369_10151103654399229_928089581_n.jpg

Few pics of The Vaccines:

sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/36636_10151103658059229_114390023_n.jpg

sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190209_10151103658034229_1440754427_n.jpg

sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225236_10151103657564229_1532760732_n.jpg

Few pics of Muse:

sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267797_10151103659814229_732310189_n.jpg

sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/581259_10151103659889229_1188464698_n.jpg

sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36603_10151103660209229_1406397516_n.jpg (MY FAVOURITE)

sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/164448_10151103660084229_1222697322_n.jpg

sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261332_10151103660964229_1197821726_n.jpg

sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64523_10151103661844229_171833164_n.jpg

sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551361_10151103661974229_1234425143_n.jpg

Saw Rita Ora, too...

sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/563103_10151103662644229_181656157_n.jpg

It wouldn't let me put them up here as images, but if you wanna look, they're the direct links :)

We met Dom and Matt beforehand, had far too many free mojitos, vodka & cokes and shots of something or other (oh dear, I really paid for those this morning :$).

When you say you met them beforehand, was it upstairs in the VIP pre-show party? My sister and I were running late and we didn't get there til past 7, would be devastated to know we'd have met Matt had we got there sooner!

I brought a portrait I painted of Matt in the hope I'd get it signed. My poor sister had to walk around with this massive tube sticking out of her handbag all night.

During the aftershow party, we stood by the door they were all coming up from and briefly spoke to Chris but he was with his family so didn't want to intrude.

Then when we saw Dom come up we struggled to contain our excitement as we figured Matt would follow for sure.

Later, as Dom went to leave, my sister told him we loved the show and asked if Matt was coming up and if not, would he please ask him to sign the picture for us. He told us Matt had already left! :(

We persevered until the bitter end just in case it was a Muse ruse!

By this point we'd become friendly with the bouncers, either that or they felt sorry for us after having stood around like lemons for over two hours!

Anyways my sister thought fuck it, and politely asked if we could go backstage, just to get my portrait signed and they both said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backstage access to Muse! We couldn't believe it! We'd spent £500 each on tickets and we'd been given something money can't buy! We were overjoyed but sadly, it was too late and they had gone. I can't tell you how much my sister is kicking herself for not having asked sooner!

I know I shouldn't be disappointed because it was a charity gig and the organisers did state, it's never guaranteed the band will come up to the party but I really am upset that I missed out on meeting someone who I feel, is one of the greatest artists alive.

Not only that but we were surprised by the VIP party in general. There seemed to be very few genuine Muse fans and by that I don't mean just the screaming, hysterical teenagers. These were not the same avid fans that queue up for hours and would relish the chance to meet the band and talk to them about the show and their music.

Many seemed to be the organisers of the charity event and most seemed more interested in the free bar than Muse. One of them who was sat close to us on level 1 even fell asleep during the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, come on!

When Chris and Dom came up, we were expecting people to react and to applaud them but it seemed no one really noticed. They just went to people they seemed to know already and not much of a fuss was made which seemed strange to us.

Perhaps this is us being naive first timers and that's totally typical of a 'VIP' party....however it wasn't the least as we had hoped, especially after paying so much. I'd have rather got a normal standing ticket like I normally do and I would have been much closer to the band for much longer.

Anyway in the highly unlikely event that Matt will read this, we absolutely loved the show.

I was hoping to show you this in person rather than a fuzzy photo but I don't know when I'll next have the chance if ever, so here goes!

matt.jpg[/img]

I hope you like and we can't wait to see you again in June!

Best time i've ever seen Muse by far and rivalling as the best gig i've ever been too! It was incredible to see them all enjoying themselves so much, definitely seems like they prefer these smaller shows now. (Matt: ''I wish we could tour like this'', ''fuck off all the faff, too expensive'') they really were in their zone last night! Also all the standard songs (TiRO, KOC etc) sounded way better last night than before, seemed like there was more substance! Can hardly remember Dead Star with how much I lost my mind when they played it, never thought it would happen, not to me! :LOL:

Overall, fantastic setlist, fantastic performance, fantastic crowd. 10/10- Fan-fucking-tastic!

On my phone so I can't attach it properly. I saw Rita Ora but didn't believe it was actually her at a Muse gig, lol. Probably saw Kate, too, but since the VIP area was practically brimming with blondes, she was pretty much incognito, hehe.

I swear most guys on the floor (me included...) were looking up at those blondes! haha! I saw them getting their picture taken by some papparazi outside... whilst I fell into the road. Fail! :LOL:

only managed to get a ticket at 5pm yesterday then jumped in the car to drive to London (100 miles -2hours) on my own for the first time and to attend a gig on my own for the first time (I am 47 so a bit of a late starter!) all my friends and family think I am mad but I am really pleased I did it.

100 miles in 2 hours - not fair! With all the skanky traffic in Wood Lane & roadworks it took me over 2 hours to do my 20-odd miles! And nothing wrong with gigging at 47 - I feel like I've got company!

My 14th Muse gig, definitely my favourite, even with Royal Albert Hall, Marlay Park and Teignmouth taken into consideration. Muse arena and stadium shows are always special but this was beyond compare.

Defo - RAH was great, but this was waaay beyond that!

I slept with my boots and jeans on coz I was too pissed to work out how to undo the zip on my boots! :awesome:

The best quote from the night - no question about it...

She had mojitos in both hands for the duration of the gig I think :LOL:

Loving the vids Pip - sum it all up really :D

And Lee kept giving me Jägermeister shots, lethal! :eek:

Doesnt help when i was carting back Mojitos and Jagers at the same time.. talk about Liquid State!

Missed last train home and woke up shivering on a hotel floor.. um did that really happen. Thanks J and R for taking in a homeless bum

Shame on us, for thinking, our singing was exceptional, i think it really was.. :LOL:

it wasnt a barrier experience but the whole night was just magical... can we do it again please

Yeah, fantastic day/night from start to finish :happy:

Me chatting with Morgan at the same time as Rooty Toot was chatting with Kelly was all a bit surreal, wish I could remember what was said! :erm:

I called Kelly "Mrs Chris" :LOL::$

Oh dear.

Clauds - we met the band outside the venue before the gig at about 4 or 5ish.

Chris, Morgan and Dom were at the afterparty. I would consider it a place that they could chill out rather than be mobbed by fans so it's pretty normal for people to be respectful of their space. :) Oh and there were definitely hard core Musers there. I'm one and so are Pip, AloFury and Kranky.

Archived