Been thinking about this gig, and the Roundhouse one, and all the TCT gigs... It occurred to me that these one off gigs are different to normal ones, in that they are for charity. So the main objective is raise as much dosh for that particular cause. It doesn't matter who the tickets go to: fans, casual punters, aliens, beetles, whatever.

Yes it's bloody frustrating and disappointing not to get tickets you want. :mad: I've missed out on loads of stuff in the past :( for all sorts of reasons, and yes it was the END OF THE WORLD :'( for a day or so. But there's ALWAYS something else to get excited about. That's why gigging is brilliant fun :D

Am obviously getting philosophical in my old age. Altho it prob helps that I am going to this (yay!!!), thanks to the combined efforts of a couple of friends, one of which was in Australia - how barmy is THAT??! :rolleyes:

Ah well. Seeing them at Shepherds Bush was a nice idea while it lasted. I was one of the ones whose code didn't work yesterday and who also missed out this morning. The 'explanation' from Sam Sparrow regarding the codes is the biggest work of fiction since Tolkien wrote 'Lord of the Rings'.

Casual fans aren't the devil. If someone with only a passing interest in the band managed to get tickets while you didn't, then fair play.

Quite! It's all very well wanting the hardcore fans to go to every event - but it's so exciting seeing a "casual" go, and then discover. It's one of the great things about the Radio 2 In Concerts, as they get loads of casual attendees. In my mind, every casual punter is another potential fan. And, remember, the number of people who actively participate in fan forums is tiny, even in proportion to the active fanbase of any band.

Aaargh. Just seen the 2 per person limit and photo ID requirements. Managed to get 2 floor and 2 L3 this morning, TM won't let me transfer to another account. Now got to disappoint some people :(

Ouch! Hope they don't invalidate both pairs of tickets... :$

well done to those lucky people and comisserations to everyone that didnt make it.. there was bound to be more losers than winners both from the general public and on the mu boards. just try the ticket sites and the box office every day and you might get lucky with cancellations.

yesterday was a bit diabolical with the codes and system not working, i would welcome a radiohead/glastonbury type ticketing system for some shows. PITA but the touts would not get their hand on any cash.

Ouch! Hope they don't invalidate both pairs of tickets... :$

They told me I can call back today and tell them which one to cancel, my biggest issue now is I've already told people I have them. We only need 3 (not 4), figured easier just to search in pairs and my plan was to offer anything spare up on here. Shame. Really don't know what to do, whether to sit tight and hope for the best or cancel one pair and hope to catch a later drop for another ticket.

They told me I can call back today and tell them which one to cancel, my biggest issue now is I've already told people I have them.

What you need to do is to let us (me) know when you're cancelling and we (I) can see if we (I) can pick them up from TM as they get cancelled - if that's the way they work...

They told me I can call back today and tell them which one to cancel, my biggest issue now is I've already told people I have them. We only need 3 (not 4), figured easier just to search in pairs and my plan was to offer anything spare up on here. Shame. Really don't know what to do, whether to sit tight and hope for the best or cancel one pair and hope to catch a later drop for another ticket.

It's an easy choice over which pair to cancel.

Your friends will have to join the hordes of disappointed people - the T&C were clearly displayed and have been talked about endlessly on here. How amazing that you managed to get through twice though when some people couldn't even get through once. :eek:

Aaargh. Just seen the 2 per person limit and photo ID requirements. Managed to get 2 floor and 2 L3 this morning, TM won't let me transfer to another account. Now got to disappoint some people :(

Did TM say they were going to cancel them or did you offer?

All these T's & C's are just to show that they are acknowledging the touting situation but Ticketmaster themselves act as an agency so really don't care.

I am not going to tell anyone what to do, but after my conversation with them yesterday about a name issue if it were me and Ticketmaster don't cancel them automatically (as their blurb says they will) and I could print out the 2 sets, i'd just turn up all together with the card used to pay and some id for that person and go in together. The people on the door won't give a monkeys how many tickets you have if they are all yours and you have the payment card.

Conditions of sale and conditions of entry are not the same thing, and even the use of photo id is an issue and not actually enforceable. Ticketmaster are just being seen to do the right thing.

Anyway I wouldn't cancel unless they do. I'd let the tickets become printable, download them and see what they say on the actual ticket. If they let you have them, I'd use them.

But that's just me.

PS From the SBE Facebook page:

Q "At the War Child gig,do we have to show id for the purchase of the ticket,i'm going on my own and it was purchased by my partner? thanks."

A "If you have selected Box Office collection, the card holder will need to be present. If you have the ticket delivered to you, you will only need to produce the ticket for scanning upon entry. However, problems can occur and the card holder will need to be present for validation should it be needed. Please get in touch with your ticket provider to go over the terms and conditions."

If TM let you download the ticket then use it.

Did TM say they were going to cancel them or did you offer?

All these T's & C's are just to show that they are acknowledging the touting situation but Ticketmaster themselves act as an agency so really don't care.

I am not going to tell anyone what to do, but after my conversation with them yesterday about a name issue if it were me and Ticketmaster don't cancel them automatically (as their blurb says they will) and I could print out the 2 sets, i'd just turn up all together with the card used to pay and some id for that person and go in together. The people on the door won't give a monkeys how many tickets you have if they are all yours and you have the payment card.

Conditions of sale and conditions of entry are not the same thing, and even the use of photo id is an issue and not actually enforceable. Ticketmaster are just being seen to do the right thing.

Anyway I wouldn't cancel unless they do. I'd let the tickets become printable, download them and see what they say on the actual ticket. If they let you have them, I'd use them.

But that's just me.

PS From the SBE Facebook page:

Q "At the War Child gig,do we have to show id for the purchase of the ticket,i'm going on my own and it was purchased by my partner? thanks."

A "If you have selected Box Office collection, the card holder will need to be present. If you have the ticket delivered to you, you will only need to produce the ticket for scanning upon entry. However, problems can occur and the card holder will need to be present for validation should it be needed. Please get in touch with your ticket provider to go over the terms and conditions."

If TM let you download the ticket then use it.

I absolutely agree, I say go for it, no real harm in trying. Just go with the anticipation that you MAY have two disappointed people. Genuinely can't see the people at the door having an issue though.

Similarly last year at the Blur Warm Up shows there was the same set up with ticket collection. My brother got my ticket and they accepted my ID regardless, they just laughed at my passport photo and said 'Go on in' :LOL: haha, so if you're there with your friends, again, can't see an issue! :)

If their system hasn't changed if you don't tell them which one to cancel they will automatically cancel your 2nd order. It happened to a friend of mine last year.

Well the question of what to do was taken out of my hands, phoned TM about 20 minutes back and they had already cancelled the L3 tickets (my 2nd booking). Awkward phone call to make to tell someone they can't come but such is life, entirely my fault and should have read the T&C's properly. For anyone without it's probably worth monitoring TM for a while, I can't have been the only one to have nade this error.

Exactly what i'm hoping for :D Excitement going through the roof now! As i said, keep an eye and an ear out on XFM, they are bound to be giving away some tickets :)

I'm not sure I can be arsed to set myself up for more disappointment really, what will be will be yo

/positive

It seems Muse shall be doing a proper full set! So happy! :)

Tweet from War Child:

Ooh, nice :happy:

I got the 'no exact match found' page six times in a row, despite hitting the link the second it turned 9am. Tried a seventh time and boom - one standing ticket secured. No idea how that happened but hey, I'm happy!

Ooh, nice :happy:

I got the 'no exact match found' page six times in a row, despite hitting the link the second it turned 9am. Tried a seventh time and boom - one standing ticket secured. No idea how that happened but hey, I'm happy!

That's incredible! Wow, well done :) must've been where people had secured them but not entered details correctly/in time so the tickets got put back on sale :)

Archived