One word: bullshit. One of my mates who has two accounts (exactly for this reason) tried one code, but kept being giving the error message no matter what he searched Yet the second code put him straight though enabling him to buy tickets on level 3 seating. He tried the first code again once he had booked them and got the same error. Throughout this whole period, I just kept being thrown the same old error message, not even a hint at it searching for tickets.

I know this is just the info that is being relayed to you guys from Ticketmaster, but it is clearly a complete and utter fabrication. We've come to expect cock ups from pre-sales now, especially with Ticketmaster - but lying straight to our faces is just going to piss everyone off even more.

I don't buy Ticketmaster's answer at all, I was in at the very most 20 seconds after the sale started and got nowhere with my code, when others were buying tickets much, much later.

Not that it makes a blind bit of difference now, will have to try my luck tomorrow, again. Not holding out any hope for that one though...

This excuse is complete nonsense. My page came up immediately, entered my code in seconds and I have really fast internet and it came up with the error. I tried continually to re-enter it for 30 mins, same error.

I know of a couple of friends who didn't get their tickets till 9.20, so saying it's because they had sold out it complete bullshit. I realise this is what TM have told management, but still :mad:

This excuse is complete nonsense. My page came up immediately, entered my code in seconds and I have really fast internet and it came up with the error. I tried continually to re-enter it for 30 mins, same error.

I couldn't even get that far. It was repeatedly telling me tickets weren't available from the first microsecond that the presale link worked (on uber-broadband and fast PC). I kept trying on different browsers, clearing cookies, etc until 9:25 then had to go to work. No chance on Friday because I have to be in a meeting. :mad:

Hi,

We know some of you had trouble trying to buy tickets this morning for Muse's upcoming War Child gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire. As this is a much smaller venue then Muse normally play there were a lot less tickets available, these sold out in minutes.

We are aware that there was some confusion regarding the members'snothingpre-sale codes but please rest assured that the codes were working and those that got tickets did so by using them. However as soon as the show sold out Ticketmaster's system displayed the message about the code not being recognised instead of saying SOLD OUT. This was unfortunate and confusing and we understand this must have been very frustrating for you, and we have requested this doesn't happen in the future.

Please see the quote below from Ticketmaster:

“We’re sorry, a small number of fans attempting to purchase tickets for the Muse Warchild fan club presale were told their codes were invalid. In fact, the codes were valid but the small allocation made available for this presale had already sold out. We are sorry for any confusion caused to fans who were unsuccessful in securing tickets for this extremely high demand event.”

Sorry for any confusion, remember there will be the general sale tomorrow (Friday) morning so you may be lucky then.

Thanks,

Sam

Muse Management

I'm sorry but that's just not true. I tried my code first which didn't work, and then used my girlfriend's afterwards which did work.

Same for me. I wonder if there were different formats of codes - mine had mostly number and a few letters at the end - and worked - but the second code I tried had more letters than numbers.

Maybe this caused a problem, maybe not, but was nothing to do with being sold out :mad:

You know the speed of the broadband doesn't really effect your chances of getting through.

You know the speed of the broadband doesn't really effect your chances of getting through.

How is that? I thought it got you connected and the page loaded quicker?

Sam, Thanks for looking into it. That sounds like a side step from TM to be honest. I hope you are sharpening that stick.

Edited by leetroot

How is that? I thought it got you connected and the page loaded quicker?

Sam, Thanks for looking into it. That sounds like a side step from TM to be honest. I hope you are sharpening that stick.

The page doesn't hold very much data though, so once you hit minimum broadband speeds it's negligible. It all depends on the ticket providers servers and how many requests they can handle.

It's all down to luck and when your request for tickets hits their server, if they've got space to handle your request, then you're in luck

Does anyone know what websites will be selling tickets?

Ebay

Ebay

Yes, will anything be done about the apparent fan who is asking for £500 profit just cos his and his girlfriends codes worked? What luck?! (Or a bit suss)

Anyway, good luck all. In the general sale we have 0.0001% chance, but that better odds than the so called fan presale in which we had no chance. I feel very let down, someone has c£&ked this up!

instead of spitting useless and frustrated anger because you didn't get a ticket, point your finger and complain for the usual, shameful situation of the tickets being on ebay or other sites for sale at GBP 500 in the same moment people keep clicking on the TM site to get it.

I couldn't get a ticket yesterday and I'm so sad, as I'm from Italy, and I already bought the flight, and hotel.

But how can I blame someone for the tickets of the greatest live band in the planet who plays in the biggest city in Europe (Uk, hometown) in front of a 5000 thousands attendance, while they sell out stadiums? how can't you understand that it will be f***ing impossible for us all to get a chance to be there?

I repeat myself: the real scandal is the shameful amount of tickets immediately in the tout market even before the fan presale closed.

for THIS we should complain with all our strength towards muse management and the whole music biz world.

we fans spend hours and money for our passion... and to get many people working and richer. the fact they are allowing this shame is totally unrespectful towards us

just my 2 cents... cheers from italy

morning campers.

here we go again :)

Dip - re the broadband thing, I see what you are saying but if you have faster broadband won't your request hit the TM server before someone with slow broadband?

I'm prepared to come back at 9:10, and there'll be anothdar 10 pages, mostly complaining, with the odd victory post. Oh, I both love and hate Muse fans :awesome::LOL:

Just TM, I think.

Yeah that's all I can find too, thanks anyway! :) I will try the ticketline as well, not holding out much hope but wishing everyone luck :)

Swirling high demand circle of torture.

Also, one thing I hate about ticketmaster is that I usually spend more time trying to read their security check words than I do actually finding tickets.

Swirling high demand circle of torture.

Also, one thing I hate about ticketmaster is that I usually spend more time trying to read their security check words than I do actually finding tickets.

That'll be a no, then. Get ready for the ebay touts...