It's been said before (mainly by me!) but I think that with these small shows tickets should be limited to one per person with names or even photos on tickets from pre-registering with the ticket agency.

There would be very little chance of reselling then and more chance for everyone to have a fair shot at buying themself a ticket.

It's been said before (mainly by me!) but I think that with these small shows tickets should be limited to one per person with names or even photos on tickets from pre-registering with the ticket agency.

There would be very little chance of reselling then and more chance for everyone to have a fair shot at buying themself a ticket.

Right back at ya babes. This should happen but with a clause where if you cannot attend, they can be refunded and resold by the company selling.

when foo fighters did a tiny gig a couple of years back it was a one ticket per person allocation and id and credit card proof required to get tickets. that seemed to work better. very little opportunity for touting.

although obviously still alot of disappointed people because it was so small.

I know not everyone got to go but at least there wasnt this ticketmaster balls up

Definitely, just like Blur did with their smaller shows last year.

You could buy up to 2 or 4 per person I think, but had to enter with that person and their valid ID (there were clauses as to if that person couldn't attend etc, you could cancel tickets and get a refund).

This worked wonders, tickets still sold out but it took a couple of days and no fans I knew missed out.

Right back at ya babes. This should happen but with a clause where if you cannot attend, they can be refunded and resold by the company selling.

That's included in My Solution to Touting!

O2 Priority said they can't take tickets off of Ebay but would like to see re-selling stopped.

Named tickets, refunds from point of sale and the will to stop touting would be a starting point. But while ticket agents have their own re-selling sites from which they make massive profits, it's not likely to happen. :(

But we're going off topic...

Congratulations to anyone who got tickets :D Big Poopy Pants for the rest of us :(

I've been reading the past couple of pages, two words: bloody hell.

What a mess! I didn't realise that Muse pre-sales had a history of being so shit. The summer stadium one was fine, and I'm only just beginning to realise how lucky I am, o2 have finally made up for their awful signal!

Is there any word on Musers with a pre-sale code getting another shot, or did the tickets genuinely sell out so quickly? I had a go with mine at 9.50 out of curiousity, but it failed too.

This is the first time i have seen such a shambles with the codes - has always been fine until today.

Just to set the record straight, there is no requirement for photo id. After seeing comments on here and ebay I called Ticketmaster as my credit card is still in my maiden name and all my photo id is in my married name but there is nothing on their systems or on the booking pages that says this. The guy said it could be introduced but very unlikely as the bookings have now been made so they can't just change the conditions. He can't see there being a problem. I completely agree with the photo thing but it's not a requirement this time.

As for ebay, there were tickets on sale yesterday by Stub Hub which is an ebay company. They are at it too so can hardly stop others touting through ebay. :(

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

This is the first time i have seen such a shambles with the codes - has always been fine until today.

Just to set the record straight, there is no requirement for photo id. After seeing comments on here and ebay I called Ticketmaster as my credit card is still in my maiden name and all my photo id is in my married name but there is nothing on their systems or on the booking pages that says this. The guy said it could be introduced but very unlikely as the bookings have now been made so they can't just change the conditions. He can't see there being a problem. I completely agree with the photo thing but it's not a requirement this time.

As for ebay, there were tickets on sale yesterday by Stub Hub which is an ebay company. They are at it too so can hardly stop others touting through ebay. :(

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

That's interesting! On the ticket sale page on Ticketmaster it states:

Please Note: Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (passport or driving licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase and the name printed on your tickets, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event. The cardholder and their guest must both be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.

There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances

It just gets even more confusing :LOL:

Ah I can see it now on the Event info bit :facepalm:

Well, all I can is I spoke to them and they knew nothing about it!

Anyway I don't actually think it can be enforced as there is no legal requirement for anyone in the UK to have photo id as we don't have identiity cards like other countries do. What if you don't drive or travel?

The Glastonbury route of having your photo on the ticket is really the only way.

The photo ID thing is a bit of a nightmare. I spoke to Ticketmaster and they told me to speak to custom services on another number. I called that number and when I got to the 'talk to a human' option, there was a message saying that they were unable to take the call due to high call volumes, and it disconnects. So up to now, you can't talk to customer services. Ugh.

The photo ID thing is a bit of a nightmare. I spoke to Ticketmaster and they told me to speak to custom services on another number. I called that number and when I got to the 'talk to a human' option, there was a message saying that they were unable to take the call due to high call volumes, and it disconnects. So up to now, you can't talk to customer services. Ugh.

I used my leisure centre card back in 2006 as I had no passport or photo driving licence. They accepted it ok!

Hi,

We know some of you had trouble trying to buy tickets this morning for Muse's upcoming War Child gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire. As this is a much smaller venue then Muse normally play there were a lot less tickets available, these sold out in minutes.

We are aware that there was some confusion regarding the members'snothingpre-sale codes but please rest assured that the codes were working and those that got tickets did so by using them. However as soon as the show sold out Ticketmaster's system displayed the message about the code not being recognised instead of saying SOLD OUT. This was unfortunate and confusing and we understand this must have been very frustrating for you, and we have requested this doesn't happen in the future.

Please see the quote below from Ticketmaster:

“We’re sorry, a small number of fans attempting to purchase tickets for the Muse Warchild fan club presale were told their codes were invalid. In fact, the codes were valid but the small allocation made available for this presale had already sold out. We are sorry for any confusion caused to fans who were unsuccessful in securing tickets for this extremely high demand event.”

Sorry for any confusion, remember there will be the general sale tomorrow (Friday) morning so you may be lucky then.

Thanks,

Sam

Muse Management

Thanks for the update, but how can it have sold out so quickly? I was trying to get tickets the second the page opened and was unsuccessful because the code was invalid, yet it seems that some who went on after were able to purchase?

And I think we all know there will be zero chance of getting any tomorrow

You could still get tickets at 9:30.

Also, I imagine it'll be handled the same way the GreenDay show at SBE was. Queue up with ticket confirmation and ID, get wristbanded and then sent to another queue to gain entrance.

Hi,

We know some of you had trouble trying to buy tickets this morning for Muse's upcoming War Child gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire. As this is a much smaller venue then Muse normally play there were a lot less tickets available, these sold out in minutes.

We are aware that there was some confusion regarding the members'snothingpre-sale codes but please rest assured that the codes were working and those that got tickets did so by using them. However as soon as the show sold out Ticketmaster's system displayed the message about the code not being recognised instead of saying SOLD OUT. This was unfortunate and confusing and we understand this must have been very frustrating for you, and we have requested this doesn't happen in the future.

Please see the quote below from Ticketmaster:

“We’re sorry, a small number of fans attempting to purchase tickets for the Muse Warchild fan club presale were told their codes were invalid. In fact, the codes were valid but the small allocation made available for this presale had already sold out. We are sorry for any confusion caused to fans who were unsuccessful in securing tickets for this extremely high demand event.”

Sorry for any confusion, remember there will be the general sale tomorrow (Friday) morning so you may be lucky then.

Thanks,

Sam

Muse Management

Hey Sam,

One question, How come certain peoples codes, like mine, enabled me to get through numerous times whilst others kept throwing out the invalid message?

If the sold out confusion is true, then surely there'd be a more hit and miss success for multiple attempts.

I've noticed that ticketmaster has improved their servers a lot in the last few years. They are able to process thousands of requests at the same time without hanging. After reading Sam answer, one explanation can be that maybe thousands of us applied at the same time the moment the web opened and tickemaster only validated codes until the ticket allocation was reached, and the rest of us got the dreaded message "invalid code". So it was a matter of seconds, or even 10ths of seconds. I would say that the allocation sold out in just a couple of seconds.

I expect that tomorrow's sale will sell out in 5 or 10 seconds max, so it is just a matter of hitting F5 and make the request for tickets as soon as we can. Some of us will succeed, the majority will fail, but whatever happens it will be over in 1 min.

Even with all this hassle, I still prefer ticketmaster over seetickets.

Thanks for the update, but how can it have sold out so quickly? I was trying to get tickets the second the page opened and was unsuccessful because the code was invalid, yet it seems that some who went on after were able to purchase?

And I think we all know there will be zero chance of getting any tomorrow

Also, I imagine it'll be handled the same way the GreenDay show at SBE was. Queue up with ticket confirmation and ID, get wristbanded and then sent to another queue to gain entrance.

Oh well, in that case, my theory is wrong. :LOL: The bloody bastards decided which codes will get tickets in advance no matter at what time they intended to try and buy tickets. :mad:

I couldn't, I immediately got the invalid code and kept trying for over an hour. Invalid code message everytime. Which proves that some codes were working, some were not.

I couldn't, I immediately got the invalid code and kept trying for over an hour. Invalid code message everytime. Which proves that some codes were working, some were not.

Same with me. I feel cheated. It does not matter how fast they servers are, (and they are incredibly fast!) Ticketmaster always rejects your request after the captcha screen. This code thing is rubbish. Only certain codes were valid and the majority were made invalid. First come, first serve, my arse!!!!

Not falling for the excuse given. My code failed again and again. I have a really fast internet connection (it was running at 120mbps this morning) and I know I'd have been among the first to get through. I tried and tried until about 09.30, to no avail. My code was constantly rejected.

I then remembered my daughter has a .mu account, so I grabbed her code and it worked, immediately. By that time though, the tickets had indeed sold-out. If the code failures were caused by tickets being sold-out, why did mine not work from the word go, but my daughter's was accepted some forty minutes into the sale?

Oh well, it's all over now and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it :(

Archived