In 2006, social networking was still mostly up and coming so it wasn't as easy for pseudo-fans to catch a whiff and want to attend, so while the majority of people were from here, it would've been mostly a fans only gig because it wouldn't have been broadcasted everywhere that they were playing SBE. A 'fans only' gig like the one you mean is nigh on impossible these days with how easy it is to broadcast information out now. No matter what way Muse tried to make it fans only, it never will be because of it being passed on somehow. NME will post an article being all "MUSE TO PLAY SECRET FAN ONLY GIG" and therefore defeat the purpose.

They could only allow members with a join date of March 2003 to buy tickets. That would be helpful ;):LOL:

Different processes for various War Child gigs:

2009 Killers/Coldplay was a ballot to win the chance to buy a ticket.

2012 Ed Sheeran/Coxon&Albarn was no problem, never sold out. Could buy tickets up to the day of the gig. Made me chuckle to see the touts burnt on eBay!

Bon chance to the rest of us in the general melee tomorrow...

Please report eBay items: 281058727960, 221183722253, 271147157637 for selling their FAN CLUB CHARITY tickets for profit, SCUMBAGS! (I'm not just sour grapes cos my code didn't work either, honest!) :facepalm:

Search for the Item Numbers above, or "muse tickets" and sort on Time: Newly Listed and click on each item. Scroll down a bit and click "Report Item" on the right, then select Prohibited and restricted items > Other prohibited items > Event ticket resales and click OK.

Or perhaps select Listing Practices > Other listing practices policy violations > Charity and fundraising... why not do them both to be sure?!

Then relax and prepare yourself for the bun-fight that will be tomorrow's general sale... :(

Re gigs and fans:

No not all gigs are "fan only" - plenty of people go who have just a passing interest in the bands. Or none, judging by the amount of annoying punters who just blather incessantly throughout the gig, or play with their phones. :rolleyes: Hell, I've been to gigs as a casual attendee, just checking out band new to me - and I wouldn't have called myself a "fan".

Totally agree with the difficulty with secrecy these days. But then this wasn't exactly a secret, being a charity gig and all. I think a truly secret or low key gig is still possible, if carefully managed. Maybe Muse should do a flashmob event, or a busking tour! :LOL:

Please report eBay items: 281058727960, 221183722253, 271147157637 for selling their FAN CLUB CHARITY tickets for profit, SCUMBAGS! (I'm not just sour grapes cos my code didn't work either, honest!) :facepalm:

Search for the Item Numbers above, or "muse tickets" and sort on Time: Newly Listed and click on each item. Scroll down a bit and click "Report Item" on the right, then select Prohibited and restricted items > Other prohibited items > Event ticket resales and click OK.

Or perhaps select Listing Practices > Other listing practices policy violations > Charity and fundraising... why not do them both to be sure?!

Then relax and prepare yourself for the bun-fight that will be tomorrow's general sale... :(

Already done mate, already done.:mad:

Seems like it was a problem with ticketmaster displaying the "code not in our system" message when they should have been saying the tickets were sold out, apparently.

apparently.

hey ho, good luck to everyone and anyone going for a ticket tomorrow.

Seems like it was a problem with ticketmaster displaying the "code not in our system" message when they should have been saying the tickets were sold out, apparently.

That doesn't explain how people with several accounts managed to get through on the second or third code. Sounds like a bullshit excuse to cover up their own cock-up.

That doesn't explain how people with several accounts managed to get through on the second or third code. Sounds like a bullshit excuse to cover up their own cock-up.

I told Sam that the people who got through were not necessarily those who got through first, and she will get back to us once after Ticketmaster have said what's happening.

It seems very much like a mistake on ticketmaster's end. I guess these things happen.

Thoughts about the actual gig:

The warchild brits gigs I've been to were held on the same night as the awards, so the acts mostly came straight from there and hence the later start times and shorter setlists. Last year the gig was held 2 days before the awards (like this year) so it had more normal timing, does anyone know how long Ed Sheeran played for?

Thoughts about the actual gig:

The warchild brits gigs I've been to were held on the same night as the awards, so the acts mostly came straight from there and hence the later start times and shorter setlists. Last year the gig was held 2 days before the awards (like this year) so it had more normal timing, does anyone know how long Ed Sheeran played for?

Last year, Sheeran played for 60 mins - 11pm-midnight. Only discovered it was a late show on the day, mind. Think doors were around 9pm! Bit of a bummer if you were relying on public transport...

In the same boat as most others - myself and a friend both trying and we got the same message seconds after 9am.

As for the idea it displayed that instead of a sold out message, the TM site doesn't work that way. While the search option is there it will always push you to the captcha screen, do the search and then tell you there are no tickets available. This was failng before it even got to the captcha screen.

Archived