matthijs

Monthly Photography Challenge Thread: June/July - Selfies

:yesey: its all about capturing a moment or scene that other people can look at and they'll 'get' it without explanation. I'm more excited about this than the other themes! I just can't decide what to do yet :LOL:

:yesey: its all about capturing a moment or scene that other people can look at and they'll 'get' it without explanation. I'm more excited about this than the other themes! I just can't decide what to do yet :LOL:

I'm glad you're excited about it! :awesome:

And I know what you mean, Matthijs. I was hesitant to choose a conceptual theme for that very reason...my idea of "alive" may be totally different from another person's idea of "alive". But I eventually chose it because I wanted to do something totally different from my own photography which tends to be quiet and contemplative. I basically listed out some words that were total opposite of that and ended up using a random number generator to pick the theme. :LOL:

I'm still struggling with what to photograph/submit...a lot of my shots still ended up being quiet and contemplative. :noey: I have a back-up idea but it's a bit cliche and I'd rather not resort to that. :shifty:

SO I have an idea. But I won't be home to submit it until Sunday evening, which is cutting it very close :LOL:

would it be acceptable to do two shots and sorta storyboard them? so just two next to each other with a border separating them.

can't decide which to submit. Could we maybe add a small blurb explaining your meaning with the photo? If not I might go the more literal route, but I like the other idea better.

8604710021_981e4cf688.jpg

A carnival atmosphere by mipanda, on Flickr

Theres always so much happening at a carnival. The air itself is alive with all the smells, the music, the sound of everyone yelling, laughing, the vibrant colourful rides spinning around overhead.

Probably not yet :LOL: Let's be patient, if it takes too long we'll set a new theme.

sorry guys!!! :$ Thanks for the votes on my photo :happy::happy:

The new theme is...

Extreme Lighting :)

sorry guys!!! :$ Thanks for the votes on my photo :happy::happy:

The new theme is...

Extreme Lighting :)

Oh, that's interesting! :eek::happy:

not sure if I'll get my idea done in time. Lost all my photoshop programs when my laptop died =/

Sorry about the laptop :(

I'm not getting a good idea this time, at all! Ok did have one when there was a gorgeous scene...alas, no camera on hand. :rolleyes::facepalm: Since then been waiting for a good idea/scene to come up, nada. D'oh!

Left it too late again >_< I have no excuse next month, exams will be over, nothing else to do!

been ridiculously busy this month, just not had time. i'll be back in to the swing of things next month though.