2013.03.16 - US Airways Center, Phoenix AZ

AguanteRiver

No. Fuck no. As bad as Sacramento was, US Airways was worse.

What was wrong with US Airways? plz explain. Im planning on going, and it will be my first muse concert

Also when buying the tickets, are General Admission tickets just floor tickets? and reserved seated tickets? And how fast do you think they will sell out of General Admission tix????

THANKS

What was wrong with US Airways? plz explain. Im planning on going, and it will be my first muse concert

This...

Good luck. Hopefully they've trained their security and employees to organize a line.

We got there at 5:30am and we didn't know where to line up. People were telling us different things so we took it into our own hands (a good 15 of us). Security pretty much let others go ahead of us in the end. They were the worst.

Also when buying the tickets, are General Admission tickets just floor tickets? and reserved seated tickets? And how fast do you think they will sell out of General Admission tix????

THANKS

Yes, yes, and get them ASAP if they haven't already sold out.

Nah. I've been to USAC many times for different shows, and the security staff are always d-bags. You get used to it and plan accordingly.

Off topic - Was that the easiest presale ever or what? I don't think we have a lot of competition for Phoenix tickets. :LOL: (And I say this as someone who bought tickets for a London gig at 2AM my time and had a panic attack during.)

Nah. I've been to USAC many times for different shows, and the security staff are always d-bags. You get used to it and plan accordingly.

Off topic - Was that the easiest presale ever or what? I don't think we have a lot of competition for Phoenix tickets. :LOL:

They were cooperative with the flags we took and we obeyed. Those guys were cool but yeah, not the ones outside the venue.

This...

We got there at 5:30am and we didn't know where to line up. People were telling us different things so we took it into our own hands (a good 15 of us). Security pretty much let others go ahead of us in the end. They were the worst.

Yes, yes, and get them ASAP if they haven't already sold out.

Don't forget that they decided to also open the doors at the back of the venue when everybody had been queueing at the front and that security refused to give water to people at the barrier unless you passed out first + you were not allowed to film (they would flash those penlight on your face/camera during the gig if they thought you were).

They were cooperative with the flags we took and we obeyed. Those guys were cool but yeah, not the ones outside the venue.

the guys at the barrier were fairly cool, but remember the fuck all mad dash through the concessions areas to the rickety stands on the floor? and no security to stop people from running, pushing, etc.

i'm not squeamish about a dash, but people were shoving people going down those stairs. it was fucked up.

Don't forget that they decided to also open the doors at the back of the venue when everybody had been queueing at the front and that security refused to give water to people at the barrier unless you passed out first + you were not allowed to film (they would flash those penlight on your face/camera during the gig if they thought you were).

Such fond memories.

the guys at the barrier were fairly cool, but remember the fuck all mad dash through the concessions areas to the rickety stands on the floor? and no security to stop people from running, pushing, etc.

i'm not squeamish about a dash, but people were shoving people going down those stairs. it was fucked up.

Forgot about the stairs. The dash inside was scary. Not because there were too many people but the thought of not getting barrier was not fun.

I saw the Foo Fighters during the Wasting Light tour at US Airways and the security guards were still cunts but not nearly as bad. I do think they opened the doors in the back at the same time but I had no problem getting through to the barrier since I was one of the first 20-30 people in line. Video was allowed (without flash)

Water still isn't allowed and they RARELY sell beverages to anyone on the barrier with the exception of a $8 lemonade or something.

I don't care what reasoning they have for the water policy. Not only are we in fucking Phoenix but some of us queue up for hours and I'd rather die of thirst than lose my spot that I waited 5+ hours to get.

I'm pretty new to Phoenix. anyone can suggest a public transport to US Airways from Tempe?

If you want public transportation I suggest the light rail. Get off at the 3rd St/Washington stop and you'll be right at USAC, just a short walk to the door. To take the light rail from Tempe either walk or catch a bus/Orbit/Flash shuttle to any of the Tempe or ASU campus stops.

Also, back in the days of paper tickets you could ride for free on the day of your event. Now that it's paperless I think you'll have to pay. :rolleyes:

http://www.valleymetro.org/planning_your_trip/system_map/

If you want public transportation I suggest the light rail. Get off at the 3rd St/Washington stop and you'll be right at USAC, just a short walk to the door. To take the light rail from Tempe either walk or catch a bus/Orbit/Flash shuttle to any of the Tempe or ASU campus stops.

Also, back in the days of paper tickets you could ride for free on the day of your event. Now that it's paperless I think you'll have to pay. :rolleyes:

http://www.valleymetro.org/planning_your_trip/system_map/

Thanks! It's my first semester in ASU. still learning my ways. will check out the light rail today. :D

Thanks! It's my first semester in ASU. still learning my ways. will check out the light rail today. :D

Sun Devil pride woop woop! :happy: Class of Dec '09 here.

So, anyone have seats for this or will I meet you all in the queue for GA? :facemelt: Might as well make friends now so we have people to talk to while we bake in the sun.

Do you have to buy General Admissioin Tickets together if your going with firends????

I thought each person could buy there own and seating was based on the line going in?

My ticket i bought has GA Row 4 seats 26 on it? Im confused :( am i assigned a place to stand on the floor??

Do you have to buy General Admissioin Tickets together if your going with firends????

I thought each person could buy there own and seating was based on the line going in?

My ticket i bought has GA Row 4 seats 26 on it? Im confused :( am i assigned a place to stand on the floor??

there are no seats, its an open floor and you stand where you like

Archived