I'd say the average age of their fans is 9 years old :p They'll be performing tonight :unsure:

My daughter loves them and she was 10 on Monday, so you're not wrong. :rolleyes:

:( Though I had to laugh when Mumford and Sons mentioned how great it was to win a category which contained Muse [slight pause] and One Direction. Oh dear! :facepalm:

Enjoyed the performance, though I was feeling nervous.

Yeah I agree completely, maybe part of it is when Matt leans back from the mic but his voice still carries, especially the high part.

I think people have a lot of presumptions about singing technique, you see something done oddly and you think, he's miming.

:( Though I had to laugh when Mumford and Sons mentioned how great it was to win a category which contained Muse [slight pause] and One Direction. Oh dear! :facepalm:

Enjoyed the performance, though I was feeling nervous.

I think his band mate face palmed at this also. :D

I think people have a lot of presumptions about singing technique, you see something done oddly and you think, he's miming.

Loads of people on twitter are adamant he was, it is quite funny actually

I'd say the average age of their fans is 9 years old :p They'll be performing tonight :unsure:

Did you see the short interview on ITV2 beforehand when the interviewer asked if Muse were fans of 1D?

And how could Muse not make it clearer it was live? Guitar way too low in the mix at the beginning, generally a different tone than on record. Matt singing the melody a little different in verses, and vox a lot more distorted than on record. Blargh

Yeah I agree completely, maybe part of it is when Matt leans back from the mic but his voice still carries, especially the high part.

But that is almost like a "trademark" in Matt's vocal technique. You often see him well over a meter from the mic doing the highest notes.

But that is almost like a "trademark" in Matt's vocal technique. You often see him well over a meter from the mic doing the highest notes.

Yeah we all know that, but none Muse fans might see that and assume he is miming

I didn't think for a moment that Muse was miming, however I did in passing wonder if the orchestra was live since it sounded exactly like on the album. Then again, for professional classically trained musicians it must be easy to re-create that sound. By the time the trumpet became prominent it became obvious that at least that wasn't mimed/album track.

EDIT:The host is annoying.

Did you see the short interview on ITV2 beforehand when the interviewer asked if Muse were fans of 1D?

And how could Muse not make it clearer it was live? Guitar way too low in the mix at the beginning, generally a different tone than on record. Matt singing the melody a little different in verses, and vox a lot more distorted than on record. Blargh

I think it may have been the distortion that made people think he was miming, because it doesn't sound natural.

Well, hearing the other performances must make a non Muse fan certainly wonder how they can be so much better than the others. :p

Well, hearing the other performances must make a non Muse fan certainly wonder how they can be so much better than the others. :p

That's definitely what it is. :yesey:

I didn't think for a moment that Muse was miming, however I did in passing wonder if the orchestra was live since it sounded exactly like on the album. Then again, for professional classically trained musicians it must be easy to re-create that sound. By the time the trumpet became prominent it became obvious that at least that wasn't mimed/album track.

The strings were definitely mic'd up. Whether the sound from them was actually put in the mix dunno, was difficult to tell as if strings were live they were played bang on!

I think it may have been the distortion that made people think he was miming, because it doesn't sound natural.

Hm.

At the end of the day, if that was miming (which it wasn't) it was the best miming ever.

The orchestra didn't sound recorded. Different notes and sections of it stood out differently than the album version. And what's the point of advertising it beforehand as a live orchestra then using a mimed one?

The orchestra didn't sound recorded. Different notes and sections of it stood out differently than the album version. And what's the point of advertising it beforehand as a live orchestra then using a mimed one?

I was watching a poor quality stream so I couldn't see/hear all the details. I was just discussing my initial impression which changed when the performance progressed.

I did also think that it would make little sense to bring all those musicians there for a mime show.

It's funny cos you all hate Mumford and Sons :D

I like them :p