Ultimate Backstage Experience

KirkBot

Awww! From what I've heard, it was a more subdued experience and the tour sounds like it's quiet and respectful, and the band's not there during the stage tour, so less pressure! Maybe you can opt out of the M&G and just do the tour?

So, what have you heard about the whole experience/meet and greet.etc?? :) Have been curious.....

And Serpent----about age----JEEEESH!! LOLOL!! :LOL: Look at me!!! Now THAT is old! (or so people on these boards would think...wait until you all get to be my age, and realize you feel EXACTLY the same when you did when you were 20's/30's....and realize age really IS just a (cruel!) number! :) ). And for goodness sakes, Matt and company are all your age....so,I am NOT following the whole "shame" thing!! And if I win this backstage experience you can bet your life I'll be there with bells on, not giving a crap about age or what anyone "thinks" or anything at all! :):D Not to mention people my age and OLDER are the ORIGINAL rockers, so what is the problem?!? :):):) (the younger crowd has a LOT of rock and rollin' to do to catch up with my generation! :):) ). Let loose---enjoy life!!!!! :happy:

So, what have you heard about the whole experience/meet and greet.etc?? :) Have been curious.....

I heard from Dayna, the winner from San Diego. Shelbee summarized it here:

I had a nice chat with the girl who won the San Diego show. She said that she got to walk all over the stage and under the stage to see the way things were set. Got to walk along the runway and the thrust. Met the band, got a picture with them. Although, she said the meet and greet was really short. Found out that when Matt puts those damned Madness glasses on, he's completely blind. So he has to take a certain amount of steps to find the camera and his mic stand. :LOL: She said the dinner wasn't really "dinner". More of like a snack bar with crackers and cheese and bananas. Got to take a look at the guitars and basses. That's really all she said. Sounds like a good time. :happy:

Oh and she also got to watch them rehearse before the gig.

I would LOVE to see the stage tour, but I always feel insecure about my age. :supersad:

Reading through the answers you got on that post, I can only agree with them. I'll be 43 this year, and yes, sometimes I feel I am about a hundred years older than everyone here. But, as SourceNRG said - it doesn't feel like that inside, I'm so happy with who I am right now, and at the gig in Vienna there were enough people my age. (Speaking of kids: I had to go and pick up tickets for the Justin Bieber concert for my daughter and THAT was embarrassing! I couldn't explain fast enough that they weren't for me :LOL:)

Also, in your case, the band is exactly your age, I'm sure they'd be totally cool talking to you!

I'd love to have a M&G and a stage tour...:facemelt:.

Did anyone ever figure out what to click on? :LOL:

Despite everything, the TIMING of this game... :facepalm:

I'll be home at 1pm about three times in the next few months.

I would feel a LOT less old if people stopped asking me where my kids were while we were out. Basically implying I'm too old to be places.

Still... better than the time we got thrown out of a restaraunt because the manager thought my boyfriend was my girlfriend... Still can't remember why we didn't sue them...

Did anyone ever figure out what to click on? :LOL:

Despite everything, the TIMING of this game... :facepalm:

I'll be home at 1pm about three times in the next few months.

There's nothing in particular that you must click on really. Out of all those orbs, a certain amount are the winning orbs. They have no specific looks to them or anything.

A few questions...

Are there 20 chances total? (Meaning that there won't be a winner for every U.S. gig since there are more than 20 gigs?)

If I were to successfully win a chance, does that mean I'm "all set" and I shouldn't bother to try again for more chances to the gig of my choice? (I believe the rules have indicated this, but I'm not quite sure).

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! :-)

A few questions...

Are there 20 chances total? (Meaning that there won't be a winner for every U.S. gig since there are more than 20 gigs?)

If I were to successfully win a chance, does that mean I'm "all set" and I shouldn't bother to try again for more chances to the gig of my choice? (I believe the rules have indicated this, but I'm not quite sure).

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! :-)

There are twenty winning orbs. Twenty people win an orb. That means that, per day, there are twenty chances to win. Let's say you click an orb and win. You are asked to pick a show. Once you pick a show, your name is entered into a raffle at the gig of your choice (let's say ten people won an orb and entered the raffle for the Staples Center, including you). A name is randomly drawn from the pool of entrants to that gig (let's say it's you). You and your accompanying person are the only two who win (at least for that gig).

Did I help? :happy:

There are twenty winning orbs. Twenty people win an orb. That means that, per day, there are twenty chances to win. Let's say you click an orb and win. You are asked to pick a show. Once you pick a show, your name is entered into a raffle at the gig of your choice (let's say ten people won an orb and entered the raffle for the Staples Center, including you). A name is randomly drawn from the pool of entrants to that gig (let's say it's you). You and your accompanying person are the only two who win (at least for that gig).

Did I help? :happy:

That was SUPER helpful!! :) Thanks so much for taking the time to explain (I get so easily confused lol) ^__^

There's nothing in particular that you must click on really. Out of all those orbs, a certain amount are the winning orbs. They have no specific looks to them or anything.

So it doesn't matter if they're moving or not? Never figured out if I'm avoiding the moving ones, or aiming for them.

I'm having trouble clicking those jelly beans :( double and tripple tap the trackpad but still couldn't click at anything.. :(

I think this is due to real time competition and lag. Sometimes I can click an orb for 5 mins and nothing, sometimes one click seems to take multiple tries away.

Really, I've only been home like three times. :p

After weeks of getting stressed out by this stupid game - I finally won an entry!! The form at the end had nothing to indicate what I was supposed to put down though, so I just assumed the top two boxes were first and last name and the bottom box was email.

I was kind of randomly clicking about, but I was aiming for spots where the moving orbs would stop at.

*edit - I see from a winning screen capture earlier in the thread that my assumption was correct. phew*

After weeks of getting stressed out by this stupid game - I finally won an entry!! The form at the end had nothing to indicate what I was supposed to put down though, so I just assumed the top two boxes were first and last name and the bottom box was email.

I was kind of randomly clicking about, but I was aiming for spots where the moving orbs would stop at.

*edit - I see from a winning screen capture earlier in the thread that my assumption was correct. phew*

So is this the way to win? I really want to at least get an entry into the Phoenix gig D:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived