pawnshop prize thread

EARTHWORM JIM

since there's a lot of high end gear on here i thought it'd be fun to see what everyone's guilty pleasures are, i'm talking trashy 60s cheapos and jap copies or any kind of crap you'd find in the corner of a junk shop that just begs to be brought! :D

7166642829_06f80aa724.jpg

In The Sun by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

Unfortunately not with me at the moment :(

Also nearly bought this last year, but twas not to be.

IMAG0705.jpg

If i've understood the thread topic - I got an epi SG with no electrics for £100 and i feckin love it.

I'd love an old PoS geetar with proper mojo, any time i go past a pawnshop/etc and i see a PoS i get excited but then realise "thats not mojo, thats just dust" :(

Both transformers were replaced - they were a little bigger than what you'd find in a bassman

I know the tubes were 2x 6L6 (rather than one 6V6) and it had a solid state rectifier

For all I know, it could've been a completely custom amp stuffed inside a champ chassis, but I'm not sure. I never looked inside though... I was actually glad to get that thing sold as it seemed pretty dangerous!

i can't remember what controls it had though. there was definitely an added master volume, and a push pull on the preamp volume I think...can't remember what that did.

still trying to find the pics. i sold that amp about 7 years ago, but i'll have to look and see if there are any old imageshack links around

Yeah, that was not a champ then. Sounds more like a fender bassman in a small chassis.

There are a few push pull output champs, but the vast majority are single ended 6v6, at least most of the non tweed ones.

Which KnT did I buy my cheap shit guitar off? It sounds amazing and I think I paid £20

That was me!

That guitar's actually pretty cool... I think it's one of those Soviet ones from the 70s, not sure though. It's got a fairly nice finish irrc!

My arctec analog delay pedal is 10x better than the DL4, I sold the DL4 because I just wasn't using it - the arctec has a really nice sound and a fucking crazy oscillation noise.

Cost me a tenner :)

Archived