Muse on cover of Classic Rock

Uccellino

This was hilarious

v5R5F.png

Woah woah woah woah woah

Comparing Queen to fuckshits like Journey and Boston.

Never again should that happen.

Queen were at their worst when they were making fucking classic rock. All about their glam/progressive work.

Woah woah woah woah woah

Comparing Queen to fuckshits like Journey and Boston.

Never again should that happen.

Queen were at their worst when they were making fucking classic rock. All about their glam/progressive work.

Hot Space disagrees.

Is that the clairvoyance kicking in?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:( !

Funny how fans get so angry with other people slagging off their favourite bands, ha. Though, I can think of several negative adjectives for Muse's music, but dull? Hm, strange.

Hot Space disagrees.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:( !

Funny how fans get so angry with other people slagging off their favourite bands, ha. Though, I can think of several negative adjectives for Muse's music, but dull? Hm, strange.

Don't get me wrong I love Queen (and your last/current avatar). However, their best albums are their earlier (not their first though) albums before they slid into very average rock.

Don't get me wrong I love Queen (and your last/current avatar). However, their best albums are their earlier (not their first though) albums before they slid into very average rock.

But there's plenty of freaking awesome classic rock tunes in their earlier albums as well, at least from Sheer Heart Attack to Jazz, and News Of The World is infested with them. People just choose to ignore the songs that aren't sung by Freddie.

Btw, I don't get why people insist that Muse are a pop band now. Queen experimented with lots of other music genres (and significant amount of experimentation and shift in direction) and are still considered one of the biggest rock bands of all time. Like Freddie would say: "people get so excited about albums and take them way too seriously". I personally prefer to judge bands by their live shows. Rock still prevails at Muse concerts.

EDIT: But... Muse a classic rock band? I don't think so.

Btw, I don't get why people insist that Muse are a pop band now. Queen experimented with lots of other music genres (and significant amount of experimentation and shift in direction) and are still considered one of the biggest rock bands of all time. Like Freddie would say: "people get so excited about albums and take them way too seriously". I personally prefer to judge bands by their live shows. Rock still prevails at Muse concerts.

yes especially when Matt dramatically falls to his knees during Follow Me. So rock.

But there's plenty of freaking awesome classic rock tunes in their earlier albums as well, at least from Sheer Heart Attack to Jazz, and News Of The World is infested with them. People just choose to ignore the songs that aren't sung by Freddie.

EDIT: But... Muse a classic rock band? I don't think so.

I don't ignore the songs that aren't sung/written by Freddie at all. If anything I think the rest of the band were writings songs much better than his for a good chunk of time in the 80's.

I don't ignore the songs that aren't sung/written by Freddie at all. If anything I think the rest of the band were writings songs much better than his for a good chunk of time in the 80's.

Indeed.

yes especially when Matt dramatically falls to his knees during Follow Me. So rock.

He's just being a douche. Being a douche is super rock'n'roll.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.810&article=92725

I like this piece which takes the best bits that Matt said in the article (I think - haven't rechecked it) regarding his thoughts on society and the influence of music. In the original article it seemed as if he had overstated it.

It was a bit odd that Uprising preceded real uprisings, but I can only think that Matt was picking up on a general environment, which in fact he even said at the time, that he was referring to the G8 demonstrations etc. Muse were mirroring what was going on in society rather than contributing to it and in fact Uprising was a comment on completely different issues than caused the Uprisings and still is. Western issues rather than middle Eastern.

I think art and music can be part of the parcel that contributes to general societal shifts, if the environment is right. And I do think that Matt has greater insight into the debates, than many people, due to his interest in reading up on such things. I'm not so sure that has any direct effect though. Reading this board, I would think not. On the one hand, I think, that is because some fans are already pretty knowledgeable, so don't see worth in the comments that appear too vague, and unspecific to them. On the other some people reject them as they think they know better.

I think the picking up of such comments in the more general media, however, can only be a good thing. :matt:

Incidentally, it's not about young people forming policies in the future really as Matt said, I don''t think. There's so much that needs to be done already.

Archived