Mmmm, wanna eat it all

Excellent, the photos are working :chuckle:

It's just a flight away

Yusss! Seriously, I'd feed you all the foods ever. All healthy and stuff :awesome:

First visit here: All taken with a Canon EOS 60d

From top to bottom:

Peterhof Palace, St Petersburg

Iconic symbols of London

London New Years Eve 2014/2015

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Riga, Latvia

Steam Train, Glenfinnan Viaduct (Scotland)

Durham Cathedral from the train (By Phone)

Venice

16351908721_4d605d5828_z.jpg

16069310549_3c33c56ecc_z.jpg

16173874275_00dc17aaa2_z.jpg

16057149760_aa8db37241_z.jpg

14936514456_9ab7745c6d_z.jpg

11016052023_afb9d44c54_z.jpg

10366504834_eb31e340a7_z.jpg

9394335817_942113a582_c.jpg

I was thinking something very similar! :LOL:

I really like the one from inside the train too - very nicely done! :)

So, I blasted an entire Bucket List bullet-point out of the window. Got published AND paid for it. Everything I've been aiming for since I first started shooting gigs 10 years ago.

They're not the very best photos I've ever taken, and getting published by said magazine was a bit of a fluke. I'm the in-house photographer for a gig venue who managed to ensnare a local band for an exclusive gig in support of Independent Venue Week.

That local band just happened to be You Me At Six, who are joint-headlining the O2 Arena in two weeks time. I was the only photographer in the venue.

It was horrible, with a horrible crowd, in a 300-capacity venue with no space in between barrier and stage, but I loved every moment.

ymasguildfordboilerroom1.jpg

ymasguildfordboilerroom2.jpg

ymasguildfordboilerroom6.jpg

ymasguildfordboilerroom7.jpg

Mini-set is here, and the full set is on my Flickr account here.

Couldn't resist taking a photo of the moon last night. It was a gorgeous evening. Pretty happy with the focus on this one. Handheld too on daylight settings.

_DSC0158-7%2B%28930%29.jpg

Jesus Christ, I didn't even notice the moon looked that fantastic last night, what a shame! I love those pictures.

Also love your pictures, Sophie, and I now regret not getting the same camera :(

Apparently some new versions of the waterproof compacts I've been eyeing should arrive in the next few months, so the current batch's prices should drop nicely in the near future :happy:

^ On the moon pictures, I've noticed that you really need to try and get it as early in the evening as possible, before it rises too high in the sky, and before the sky around it gets too dark. Otherwise, its brightness just overwhelms everything and it's very difficult to get any detail, unless you've got some kind of filter I guess. Once you're starting to look up at it, rather than straight ahead, it's probably too late otherwise. I tried a few shots last night, but couldn't get anywhere near the detail as that one from last month. I must have just got really lucky with that picture. Jupiter wasn't far above it though, so I pointed my telephoto lens in that direction to see what showed up. It's only a few specks of light, but it boggles my mind that I can see the four biggest moons just with my camera. If you watch them, you can see them moving around too. That's just on a 300mm focal length, with the full size picture cropped down.

_DSC0540.jpg

Not really proper photography but I thought it was interesting and worth posting up anyway. You could probably see it with less too.

It's really cool that this is possible! I'm thinking about getting some ND filters and have a go at taking eclipse photos!

Warning: please people, don't try this without a proper sun or ND filter, you are likely to damage your sensor. ND4 might be a bit too weak. ND8 should work.

Wait, that in the pic above is Jupiter and its 4 moons? Amazing!

Yeah, I know! I'm vaguely tempted to turn Jupiter into Pacman on Photoshop with those dots in front of it though, haha!

I might try and get some binoculars at some point and see if I can take photos through those too. Not sure if that'd work.

It's really cool that this is possible! I'm thinking about getting some ND filters and have a go at taking eclipse photos!

Warning: please people, don't try this without a proper sun or ND filter, you are likely to damage your sensor. ND4 might be a bit too weak. ND8 should work.

I'd completely forgotten the eclipse was coming up! I've taken shots straight at the sun around sunset before, but I'm guessing that as it's going to be kind of mid-morning, the sun's going to be a lot higher in the sky and more harmful to the camera? I don't have any filters at the moment, but I'd love to get a few shots at 300mm. Any suggestions? I don't have any eyewear either though.

Edit -

Might just try and buy some solar filter paper and shove it over my lens, haha! Might be cheaper for the time being anyway.

Edited by Bs

Ordered. Delivery cost a fucking fortune because I could only find some coming from the US and I had to go with express delivery to make sure it comes on time. If it's cloudy on the 20th now, I'm going to be really annoyed, haha! Ideally, I'd have liked a proper screw-on filter for my lens, but it would have cost even more and I'm not sure how much it would protect against non-visible light and stuff. I'll have to keep an eye out on the weather forecast in a couple of weeks though. Hopefully it's a nice morning and I can get something. I won't be able to see anything with my eyes anyway, but at least I could watch it on my camera screen and get a few photos with a bit of luck. It's the last one in this part of the world for a while, so may as well make the effort.

If the forecast is nice I'm going to see if I can get ND filters, but I need a filter holder that's not screw on, as my filter ring is busted.