Ooh extreme angles sounds fun!

Extreme angles sounds awesome :awesome:

I like 5 & 6. Really need to get back into photography, but I find its just so much easier to snap a photo on my phone than lug around an expensive DSLR. AND my phone does 8mpx, my camera does like.. 10.

ALSO Gil those photos turned out amazing! love the light in them.

Extreme angles it is then? Shoot til 31st January then a week to vote & winner picks the next theme?

OH you're talking to me haha' date=' thank you very much then :D[/quote']

haha yep sorry, mistook you for someone else with a symbol username :LOL:

sorry, but those are fucking shit

you sound sorry. The way he's captured light is incredibly beautiful, imo. I love the third one. Anyone can take a technically 'good' photo, or fix things enough with photoshop to make it look like they can. These photos have actual feeling to them though. And film is much more difficult than digital, obvs.

This may be an open door, but a good watch nonetheless if you want to inform yourself a bit about aperture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzedefUXARE

and some explanation as to how it works technically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jkJoN8qOI

ooooooo I'll most definitely have to watch these. :)

Extreme angles it is then? Shoot til 31st January then a week to vote & winner picks the next theme?

So it's set then?

And triangle/delta/Δ, forgot to mention that you have some proper shots there! keep at it with that film SLR. :) i have a broken one from an uncle, but haven't looked into getting it fixed. film can get so damn expensive...glad my high school had a b&w film photography course while I was attending.

ooooooo I'll most definitely have to watch these. :)

So it's set then?

And triangle/delta/Δ, forgot to mention that you have some proper shots there! keep at it with that film SLR. :) i have a broken one from an uncle, but haven't looked into getting it fixed. film can get so damn expensive...glad my high school had a b&w film photography course while I was attending.

Thank you! It does cost a fair bit but when I get results that I'm really proud of, like these ones :)

Its set then....

extreme angles! closes 31st of January!

how is the voting going to work?

sorry, but those are fucking shit

How rude :phu:

This may be an open door, but a good watch nonetheless if you want to inform yourself a bit about aperture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzedefUXARE

and some explanation as to how it works technically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jkJoN8qOI

Interesting. Shame the first one is such low quality :LOL:

Thank you! It does cost a fair bit but when I get results that I'm really proud of, like these ones :)

Its set then....

extreme angles! closes 31st of January!

how is the voting going to work?

We'll figure that out when we get to it I guess :LOL: Extreme angles is ago!

Finally got myself a dslr. a Nikon D5100. have played with it a little but it was freezing cold outside and i'm still unsure how everything such as ISO, aperture, shutter speed etc works. in time it will come, for now i'm just enjoying playing around.

8369593732_454e8438f9_z.jpg

Finally got myself a dslr. a Nikon D5100. have played with it a little but it was freezing cold outside and i'm still unsure how everything such as ISO, aperture, shutter speed etc works. in time it will come, for now i'm just enjoying playing around.

could've been sharper but I like it! i'm always afraid to take my camera out during extreme weather but it makes for some good shots.

I'll probably be able to set something up for the voting :)

yay! :happy:

Something about the proportions in the photo is bothering me a bit, but I do love the feeling that this photo has!

I really like the feeling of this picture. If you ever want to know something about stuff like aperture, iso, or your camera in general, just drop me a message, I'll try to help you :)

Something about the proportions in the photo is bothering me a bit, but I do love the feeling that this photo has!

Thanks, yeah i know what you mean, my own criticism of it is that the car on the left hand side should've been cropped out, also just the weighting of 'stuff'' on the left vs the right throws it off a bit.

I really like the feeling of this picture. If you ever want to know something about stuff like aperture, iso, or your camera in general, just drop me a message, I'll try to help you :)

cheers, i'm gonna spend today trying to get the hang of it. the goal being to shoot competently in manual, eventually anyway

My friend just showed me this! Totally relevant to me at least, since I'm looking for a new lens! :D

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/01/11/how-focal-length-affects-your-subjects-apparent-weight-as-seen-with-a-cat/

catfocallengths.jpg

We’ve written a couple of times in the past on how you can achieve drastically different portrait looks by choosing different lens focal lengths and subject distances. Basically, your choice of glass can make a huge impact on what your subject’s face looks like… and how much they appear to weigh.

Reddit user Popocuffs wanted to demonstrate this, but instead of using a human subject, he used his cat.

These photographs are all of the same cat, and were shot using four different focal lengths and distances. The combos range from 29mm from 1 foot away to 105mm from 12 feet away.

As you can see, the lens/distance combos cause the cat to look like everything from the Cheshire Cat to the Catbus.

Ha, same as me in everything there! :LOL: Great shot.

Cool, I think this website may help!

Bookmarked that :awesome: