• 4 weeks later...

Wow, we've really let this thread slip under the radar for a while. We've just had a lunar eclipse here the other night anyway, so I took my first photos of 2018 trying to capture that for the first time, then followed it up with a peacock feather my partner bought the next day.

Bangkokyai_Bangkok_31st_January_2018.jpg

Bangkokyai_Bangkok_1st_February_2018_50.jpg

The lighting's a bit dark on that second one as I didn't have any natural light at the time and I wanted to try and see if I could get a nice picture of it straightaway even though I only had the bedroom light to work with. I think it's still pretty nice for a first time effort though.

Thanks for bumping the thread! Photography has fallen by the wayside for me lately really, I find I either get in the habit of doing it a lot or in the habit of barely doing any.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same these days really. It's become something I only really end up doing if I'm going away somewhere for a weekend or on holiday or something. Years ago I didn't mind just going out in my spare time in my local area and just seeing what I could find but that's definitely something I haven't really done for a few years now with my life just getting generally busier, I guess. My camera ends up sitting unused for the vast majority of the year now and then I'll take it away for a few weekends here and there to try and get something nice. Even when I do manage to get a nice collection of photos together though, it still takes me about six months or so to choose my favourites and post-process them now. I used to be doing it the same night or at least the same week while it was all fresh but I just don't have the time these days. I guess it depends where you have the chance to go as well though. I find it harder to get excited about taking new photos if I'm stuck in the same place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice :)

Went to an old quarry that got flooded by ground water recently, great stuff. Full set

, my favs there

42353269324_cbeacb54aa_c.jpgRummu Karjäär by Matthijs

41261276490_dd7ee66137_c.jpgRummu Karjäär by Matthijs , on Flickr, on Flickr

42353253924_0492123d92_c.jpgRummu Karjäär by Matthijs , on Flickr

29199571148_a8f2e5fc21_c.jpgRummu Karjäär by Matthijs , on Flickr

29199569198_9b73caca0f_c.jpgRummu Karjäär by Matthijs , on Flickr

Some of these were taken still at 11pm - I love the Estonian nights :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...