^great photos! Macklemore is awesome to photograph. :) where were the venues of these concerts? Looks like at least one of them is a college campus.

ahhh a new thread! too bad I don't have new stuff to post. :( but since concert photos have just been posted, here are some of my pics that I re-processed in black and white for my portfolio. :)

1_720.jpg

_MG_4200_bw.png

click the photos to see how they used to look. I'll be shooting in RAW next time! still need to get the hang of it...

Does anyone know the deal on taking DSLRs to gigs? Recently got a Nikon D5100 and obviously I want to take it to see Muse at the Emirates and Etihad next year... but from what I've seen, they're not allowed?

Cept I'm seeing a lot of photos from Flickr that were taken with DSLRs, surely you can't all be pros with passes? :LOL:

Some of the first photos I got with the D5100.

Considering I've only had it for a few days and that I'm only just getting into photography, don't expect them to be amazing :p

8318810973_8777b9364b_z.jpg

(Ro, you inspired me with your Christmas lights pic for that one :awesome:)

8318811549_e1b656ba7a_z.jpg

8319872156_80948fa403_z.jpg

8318812571_b99e16ac78_z.jpg

8318811221_5a3c58a9e5_z.jpg

8319871274_b47f1ba380_z.jpg

HALF SELF PORTRAIT WARNING

8319872786_2bd18e708c_z.jpg

As far as I know, it's not allowed in general. Some people do sneak them in, but I wouldn't risk it. It highly depends on the venue, and not knowing what Emirates security is like, I woulnd't risk it.

Bah, that sucks. I'm not gonna try and sneak mine in, I value it far too much to get it confiscated and lose it for the night :LOL: Cheers Matt

That self-portrait is great! :happy:

Honestly, I like the balance of the image (distance of objects/contrast/image sharpness/arrangement of objects), and your hairdo is cool too. :LOL: That freakish stare sort of rounds it off quite mad muser like :LOL:;) (nice poster in the background...)

That self-portrait is great! :happy:

Honestly, I like the balance of the image (distance of objects/contrast/image sharpness/arrangement of objects), and your hairdo is cool too. :LOL: That freakish stare sort of rounds it off quite mad muser like :LOL:;) (nice poster in the background...)

:LOL: Thanks!

Does anyone know the deal on taking DSLRs to gigs? Recently got a Nikon D5100 and obviously I want to take it to see Muse at the Emirates and Etihad next year... but from what I've seen, they're not allowed?

Cept I'm seeing a lot of photos from Flickr that were taken with DSLRs, surely you can't all be pros with passes? :LOL:

yeah it depends on venue security. if your driver accompanies you to the gig and you're not doing GA floor, then I'd try to sneak in the DSLR somehow. if security finds it, you can always put it back in the car. Also, festival security tend to be a bit more lenient. especially since there are so many more items you can bring into festivals (water, snacks, backpacks, etc.)

As for me, I'm doing GA floor at one of the Muse gigs I'm going to next month and still figuring out a way to sneak my DSLR in...but I'm deathly afraid of risking that barrier spot!

Some of the first photos I got with the D5100.

Considering I've only had it for a few days and that I'm only just getting into photography, don't expect them to be amazing :p

8318812571_b99e16ac78_z.jpg

mm bokeh :awesome:

I like this one, I don't really know what's going on but it looks cool.

Add me on Flickr if you want to bucket :)

Add me too bro :)

mm bokeh :awesome:

I like this one, I don't really know what's going on but it looks cool.

Add me too bro :)

Thankee :awesome: It's a 10 second exposure shot taken outside at night. I was trying to get some night sky photos (failed miserably) but I did this too, just shining a torch into my face and moving around

^great photos! Macklemore is awesome to photograph. :) where were the venues of these concerts? Looks like at least one of them is a college campus.

ahhh a new thread! too bad I don't have new stuff to post. :( but since concert photos have just been posted, here are some of my pics that I re-processed in black and white for my portfolio. :)

1_720.jpg

_MG_4200_bw.png

click the photos to see how they used to look. I'll be shooting in RAW next time! still need to get the hang of it...

Thanks. Majority of the shots were at Fun Fun Fun Fest (held at Auditorium Shores in Austin) while a couple were at some indoor venues in the city. Awesome shots as well on your end. Really like the composition of them.

Hey chapps and chappettes,

I'm looking for something that unfortunately, 7dayshop is sold out of. They used to stock nikon macro tubes that were under £10, and shipping was about £4 to d'Ireland. I got a bunch of filters etc from them just before christmas, and they're awesome. Now, I want those macro tubes, but all the american sites, although the tubes are much the same price (~$14), shipping is like $60, which is bullshit imo.

SO, does anyone know of/can suggest a non-ebay shop in the UK or Europe, that is just as good as 7dayshop?