Does Matt have Aspergers?

de7ilznite

• 4 months later...
Yeah, I thought so myself. Somewhere along those lines at least.

I mean Muse had a bootleg entitled "Manic Depression", for crying out loud.

Which was unofficial, nothing to do with the band, and shite by all accounts. ;) Nope, I don't think Matt's depressed in any way. He's in a famous rock band, lives in Italy and is fucken loaded ffs. :LOL:

Apsergers isn't something you have and then get rid of like a cold or even more long term episodic like say depression; you either have it or you don't.

Pretty clear he hasn't got it to me:)

As a doctor I can say: of course! No.

Looks like he has maniacal-depressive psychose.

Yeaaaaaaah, really, don't these people know ANYTHING about syndromes?

OH LOOK he has Aspergers syndrome in CE, and then 10 minutes later it disappeared again :D.

Guest QueenOfNerds
He's more likely to have Tourette's.

Dom's words not mine. :D

My boyfriend has somthing like that but he has to make funny noises, he will sit through a whole film making snake noises!

He is a nutter, but I love him for it.

Guest Lemon Tango

Matt definitely doesn't have Aspergers.

The other day someone asked me if I did just because I'm good at Maths. I laughed at them.

I think people get confused between Aspergeres and Autism

• 2 years later...

I have aspergers.

I think Matt has aspergers.

I like asparagus.

I think Matt likes aparagus.

I think Matt has aspergers because I watch interviews and he'll cut Dom off mid-sentence. I can also see tourettes cause back NME interview, he turns to Dom and just randomly screams "Fuck off you cunt!!!" It's pretty funny, although Dom said he did it because he was drunk. I don't see anything aspergers in CE, only political corruption and lies. A society forced to lower itself to it's governments standards. And yes, he is screaming sevant.

I have aspergers.

I think Matt has aspergers because I watch interviews and he'll cut Dom off mid-sentence. I can also see tourettes cause back NME interview, he turns to Dom and just randomly screams "Fuck off you cunt!!!" It's pretty funny, although Dom said he did it because he was drunk. I don't see anything aspergers in CE, only political corruption and lies. A society forced to lower itself to it's governments standards. And yes, he is screaming sevant.

bahaha no. Matt doesn't have asperger's, and if he has tourette's, it's the special imaginary kind that only comes out when he's raving drunk and in a manic mood. He's really quite easy to have conversations with, if you can get over your own shyness (which I rarely can):LOL:

The lyrics seem to express his previous difficulties with understanding social interaction...

"Self-expressed, exhausting for all. To see and to be, what you want and what you need" <--- People think he's a little...odd. :LOL:

Could be from the perspective of a natural introvert. I feel the same way, social interactions can be so exhausting.

I interpreted the lyrics of Citizen Erased to be about Matt not being able to be himself because of media pressures.

For instance, if you're famous you can't admire random bums without kicking up a storm! :chuckle:

Seriously though, I think it is about feeling restricted and feeling that you are losing who you are, because you have to be careful what you say all the time. Hence you feel like the real you, at least in others' perceptions of you, has been erased. And it's against the background of being probed all the time as well, so others are scraping away, trying to find out who you really are.

That was years ago though so it may have been just how it felt in the early days, if indeed that interpretation has any basis.

Matt has said only recently that he knows who he is so it doesn't matter what happens around him.

And no, I don't think he has Aspergers.

Why revive a 3 year old thread for no actual reason? :stunned:

Anyway, Just because he writes such lyrics doesn't mean he has such a condition.. If that were the case then fuck.. Matt is some Government Assassin who has been kidnapped, Tortured, Trapped and Possibly the lead rebel in the Libyan Uprising..

Why revive a 3 year old thread for no actual reason? :stunned:

Anyway, Just because he writes such lyrics doesn't mean he has such a condition.. If that were the case then fuck.. Matt is some Government Assassin who has been kidnapped, Tortured, Trapped and Possibly the lead rebel in the Libyan Uprising..

Not to mention that he probably IS Colonel Gaddafi...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12826744

I've always kinda wondered, because the lyrics of Citizen Erased sound like he prolly did at some point in time.

Really?

What about the lyrics of CE makes you think that?

I can see why someone might construe Matt's mannerisms and way of speaking as being similar to that of someone with aspergers, but I'd guess that he didn't.

Archived