Does Matt have Aspergers?

de7ilznite

Unlike those with autism, people with AS are not usually withdrawn around others; they approach others, even if awkwardly, for example by engaging in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic while being oblivious to the listener's feelings or reactions, such as signs of boredom or haste to leave.This social awkwardness has been called "active but odd".

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Nahhh not Matt!

.....people with AS often have a limited range of intonation; speech may be unusually fast, jerky or loud

:eek:

But joking aside, I really don't think he has Aspergers, or ever had it. Otherwise all interviews with him would be absoloutely hopeless :p and I doubt he'd be able to interact with people so well :LOL:

I read this as "Did Matt have Asparagus?" :LOL:

How do you interprate Citizen Erased to be about Asperger's Syndrome? Just wondering like. I really don't think so, Craig Nicholls from the The Vines has Aspergers and has many tantrums/attacks over petty things like not getting the food he wants so they have had to post-pone/cancel gigs and interviews. I remember a Kerrang article where they were supposed to interview him but the whole thing was about how he and the journalist had a fight and then used the rest of the article to slag him off :stunned: But no, very much doubt Matt is autistic

I read this as "Did Matt have Asparagus?" :LOL:

Count me in as yet another that read this title wrong ;)

I've always kinda wondered, because the lyrics of Citizen Erased sound like he prolly did at some point in time.

What was it about the lyrics that made you think that?

What was it about the lyrics that made you think that?

The lyrics seem to express his previous difficulties with understanding social interaction. And the way the song is written appears to express various moods, when you think about it.

"Self-expressed, exhausting for all. To see and to be, what you want and what you need" <--- People think he's a little...odd. :LOL:

Archived