2013.07.24 - Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo, Norway

RedRum

Just heard about the change of venue - it will be interesting for me to see them in a closed arena for a change, either way I can't wait! Have just booked my hotel around Aker Brygge, so fairly well positioned to go exploring the city but also on the right side of town to get to the gig fairly quickly :D

• 2 weeks later...

The positive thing can be that we'll get a special show, because it will be the only indoor show on this tour. Even though we probably don't get all the crazy pyro.

But I'm curious about why they've done this.. Because the ticket sale has been pretty bad, as far as I know, and they've been advertising it like crazy. And Telenor Arena has about 15 000 higher capacity than Ullevål.

It is official. Got an email from livenation announcing the change.

That is very bad news for two reasons:

1. I will miss very much all the stadium tour extras: Longer setlist, pyros, actors, muse money, .... we will still get Charles, but nothing else.

2. It sadly reflects that Muse are not big enough for the first division of stadium rock. There will still be big shows in France, Italy and UK, but they will be back for the summer festival circuit in the rest of the world.

1. The gig in Amsterdam was apparently indoors aswell, and they got pyros, just not on the top of the stage. We'll probably not get Blackout due to the lack of the lightbulb, but they've got 15 minutes longer playtime than Emirates, so it will probably almost the same length.

2. The change of venue is because they are starting a renovation at Ullevål, not because of tickets sales.

1. The gig in Amsterdam was apparently indoors aswell, and they got pyros, just not on the top of the stage. We'll probably not get Blackout due to the lack of the lightbulb, but they've got 15 minutes longer playtime than Emirates, so it will probably almost the same length.

2. The change of venue is because they are starting a renovation at Ullevål, not because of tickets sales.

Those 15 minutes should be either be used for riffs after Stockholm or a "we are sorry Sweden" speech.

It is official. Got an email from livenation announcing the change.

That is very bad news for two reasons:

1. I will miss very much all the stadium tour extras: Longer setlist, pyros, actors, muse money, .... we will still get Charles, but nothing else.

yes the gig in Amsterdam was in a stadium but the roof was closed, so no pyro on top of the stage, we still got the bomb intro and everything else (actors, musos, charles, lightbulb) :)

I can't wait! Whatever the set it's going to be epic XD Does anybody know which entrance to use at Telenor if you have an Ullevaal standing ticket? I couldn't decipher the email even after running it through Google Translate! Also what time do you think would be wise to arrive? I notice gates open about 6 or 6.30, but want to guarantee a good apot fairly close to the frontt :-)

I can't wait! Whatever the set it's going to be epic XD Does anybody know which entrance to use at Telenor if you have an Ullevaal standing ticket? I couldn't decipher the email even after running it through Google Translate! Also what time do you think would be wise to arrive? I notice gates open about 6 or 6.30, but want to guarantee a good apot fairly close to the frontt :-)

"Har du en ståplass billett fra Ullevaal, skal du benytte inngang D2 eller E2 på Telenor Arena."

translation:

"if you got a standing ticket from Ullevaal, you should use entrance D2 or E2." :)

have no idea when people will show up... In Bergen it was less then 70 people in que about two hours before the gate opened :p

This should be interesting, was meant to be going with my Norwegian friend but now she can't make it. Hopefully she'll give me some idiot proof directions from Asker. If anyone sees a lost soul in a Muse t-shirt wandering around Lysaker please help, the only sentence I can say with confidence is: jeg snakker ikke Norsk bare Engelsk :$

"Har du en ståplass billett fra Ullevaal, skal du benytte inngang D2 eller E2 på Telenor Arena."

translation:

"if you got a standing ticket from Ullevaal, you should use entrance D2 or E2." :)

have no idea when people will show up... In Bergen it was less then 70 people in que about two hours before the gate opened :p

Thanks! Okay 2 hours was pretty much what I was aiming for anyways. Might spot a few of you forumers there! I would suggest meeting up for a beer pre-gig but I'll be on a strictly no liquids policy from 9am so I don't suffer from "lost my place whilst in the gents" syndrome :-)

I planned to stand at the barrier by the catwalk stage, and that turned out to be a brilliant plan. Got a good handshake from both Dom and Matt, and I was unbelievably close to them when they were out there. And even though we didn't get any "special" songs, I was satisfied with the setlist, and it was one of the best Muse gigs I've been to.

And...... DID WE ACTUALLY GET A NEW JAM?? Oslo-jam? :rolleyes: The one where Matt sang something over the riffs. I've never heard it before or seen it on youtube.

I planned to stand at the barrier by the catwalk stage, and that turned out to be a brilliant plan. Got a good handshake from both Dom and Matt, and I was unbelievably close to them when they were out there. And even though we didn't get any "special" songs, I was satisfied with the setlist, and it was one of the best Muse gigs I've been to.

And...... DID WE ACTUALLY GET A NEW JAM?? Oslo-jam? :rolleyes: The one where Matt sang something over the riffs. I've never heard it before or seen it on youtube.

great that you had a good time. If it's the jam after Stockholm than it is the Freedom (Rage against the machine) outro. Matt sings freedommmmmmmm

What a great night! I actually bought my ticket the day before the concert. Had to pick it up at the arena 1 hour before the doors opened. But still I got front row :) I haven't been listening to Muse for such a long time, so it was really special. Its my favourite band, but I've been obsessed with Kaizers Orchestra's music and concerts latley since they are quiting this fall.

And I wasen't really impressed by the 2 law. But.... They were still the same live. Maybe even better :D

Archived