2013.07.24 - Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo, Norway

RedRum

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After going to the Saturday Emirates gig a couple of weeks back, I got my ticket for this one today :D Not having any other friends who are (anywhere near) as mad about Muse as I am, I decided I'd go by myself! Standing this time too as was seated at the Emirates and feel like I missed out somewhat. Does anybody know who the support act(s) are for this gig, I couldn't find any mention.

After going to the Saturday Emirates gig a couple of weeks back, I got my ticket for this one today :D Not having any other friends who are (anywhere near) as mad about Muse as I am, I decided I'd go by myself! Standing this time too as was seated at the Emirates and feel like I missed out somewhat. Does anybody know who the support act(s) are for this gig, I couldn't find any mention.

Sounds good, we need some extra real Musers in Oslo, as the Norwegian fans are not always that convincing!

They haven't announced any support acts for any of the gigs in Norway yet, I'm really curious.. I want Biffy!! But that's probably not gonna happen. :mad:

(Btw, I've lived in Hatfield for a semester now, just got back to Oslo yesterday - random.)

See you there. Planning to queue very early. Hopefully I won't be on my own for a long time.

Sounds good, we need some extra real Musers in Oslo, as the Norwegian fans are not always that convincing!

They haven't announced any support acts for any of the gigs in Norway yet, I'm really curious.. I want Biffy!! But that's probably not gonna happen. :mad:

(Btw, I've lived in Hatfield for a semester now, just got back to Oslo yesterday - random.)

Wow that's a coincidence! Studying at Herts Uni? I work just over the road from one of the campuses :-) Biffy would be great just as long as I don't have to sit through Dizzee again...

And on the subject of hotels, any recommendations? Looking for somewhere close-ish to the venue and fairly central is a bonus.

Does anyone know where Muse use to stay in Oslo? (Hotel)

*stalker mode on* :$

When they've played Oslo Spektrum a few times before they've stayed at Hotel Plaza, because it's a direct entrance from the hotel to the venue, so they never had to go outside.. Haha. There and Grand Hotel are the most usual places for celebrities to stay in Oslo, but there is a new hotel now called The Thief, where Justin Bieber, Bruce Springsteen ++ have stayed recently. So they might stay there as well.

Wow that's a coincidence! Studying at Herts Uni? I work just over the road from one of the campuses :-) Biffy would be great just as long as I don't have to sit through Dizzee again...

And on the subject of hotels, any recommendations? Looking for somewhere close-ish to the venue and fairly central is a bonus.

Yup, been an exchange student for a semester at Herts Uni!

The venue is kind of at the "expensive side of town", so I would suggest to choose a central hotel and rather just take the metro to the venue.

Yup, been an exchange student for a semester at Herts Uni!

The venue is kind of at the "expensive side of town", so I would suggest to choose a central hotel and rather just take the metro to the venue.

Nice, I hope your experience of the UK wasn't limited to Hatfield, not the most happening place around to say the least! Thanks for the tip, I'm booking in somewhere just as soon as the ticket comes through.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't find anything. Ticketmaster norway still sells tickets for the stadium. That would be really bad news.

On the news page at Ullevaal-stadion.no they had "moved to Telenor arena" added in the headline. But they've removed it now, so I have no idea whats going on. :rolleyes:

Positives with Telenor: It will be dark.

Negatives: It's a SHIT place

On the news page at Ullevaal-stadion.no they had "moved to Telenor arena" added in the headline. But they've removed it now, so I have no idea whats going on. :rolleyes:

Positives with Telenor: It will be dark.

Negatives: It's a SHIT place

Have yet to experience a great sounding gig at telenor arena. Perhaps Muse's audio techs would be able to solve the puzzle, tho.

Edit: Another negative is the transport to and from the arena. So incredibly bad.

Have yet to experience a great sounding gig at telenor arena. Perhaps Muse's audio techs would be able to solve the puzzle, tho.

Edit: Another negative is the transport to and from the arena. So incredibly bad.

Yeah, the sound has not been good when i've been there. But transport has been ok. Took a taxi, expensive but did not have to wait long. Would've loved to have the whole stage set-up, pyro and everything. It was totally awesome at Emirates. No chance for that in Telenor Arena

Yeah, the sound has not been good when i've been there. But transport has been ok. Took a taxi, expensive but did not have to wait long. Would've loved to have the whole stage set-up, pyro and everything. It was totally awesome at Emirates. No chance for that in Telenor Arena

Agreed. But that being said, I would actually choose the light show from a dark venue, over the pyro chimneys.

This is the only news article about it, that I have found so far. http://www.musikknyheter.no/news/11408

I've always hated Telenor Arena as well, but word on the street says the sound has been a lot better at the latest gigs there, and that gig with The Killers there a few months ago was amazing.

The positive thing can be that we'll get a special show, because it will be the only indoor show on this tour. Even though we probably don't get all the crazy pyro.

But I'm curious about why they've done this.. Because the ticket sale has been pretty bad, as far as I know, and they've been advertising it like crazy. And Telenor Arena has about 15 000 higher capacity than Ullevål.

It is official. Got an email from livenation announcing the change.

That is very bad news for two reasons:

1. I will miss very much all the stadium tour extras: Longer setlist, pyros, actors, muse money, .... we will still get Charles, but nothing else.

2. It sadly reflects that Muse are not big enough for the first division of stadium rock. There will still be big shows in France, Italy and UK, but they will be back for the summer festival circuit in the rest of the world.

Anyway, I will still support the band and go to as many concerts as I can for many years to come., but news like these are what separates the boys (Muse, The Killers) from the men (U2, Springsteen, Madonna ...).

This is the only news article about it, that I have found so far. http://www.musikknyheter.no/news/11408

I've always hated Telenor Arena as well, but word on the street says the sound has been a lot better at the latest gigs there, and that gig with The Killers there a few months ago was amazing.

The positive thing can be that we'll get a special show, because it will be the only indoor show on this tour. Even though we probably don't get all the crazy pyro.

But I'm curious about why they've done this.. Because the ticket sale has been pretty bad, as far as I know, and they've been advertising it like crazy. And Telenor Arena has about 15 000 higher capacity than Ullevål.

Agreed. But that being said, I would actually choose the light show from a dark venue, over the pyro chimneys.

Yes, agree. I think it will be good. I've seen the pyro already, and it will be cool to see the show in a really dark space. As long as the sound is good, a bit nervous about that! And a bit conserned how the temperature will be in the arena. If it's a warm day, it will be absolutely horrible inside.

Archived