It's the worst thing ever and I hate when people complain when everyone don't act like emptyheaded idiots. I enjoy my music with out insulting, irritating or hurting others, thank you very much :phu:

Well I definitely don't see it that way, but each to its own, I guess. If anything, I think all the moving and the little bit of friendly pushing just adds to the atmosphere and makes it easier for you to get lost in the "feeling" (I don't know a better word to explain that)

Oh and even though it usually can seem pretty aggressive and rude, usually the atmosphere is really quite friendly. It's not like people are deliberately trying to hurt each other or anything. Except maybe when you're in a metal gig or something like that, but not in rock gigs.

I dunno, it just really adds to the experience when there's some action in the crowd. Or at least that's how I feel. When everyone's just standing and not doing anything, the whole thing feels kinda distant. It just feels like something's missing. And plus, usually music makes me want to move and dance and all that and it sucks in Finland when no one else seems to ever feel the same way. And also, in my opinion live music without any kind of crowd involvement is just really dull in the end. Unless I'm listening to a musical masterpiece or something, but Muse's music isn't really like that most of the time, so...

Okay, rant over. :LOL:

I will hit everyone who pushes me. Last gig one idiot push me from the row and took my place. Really friendly, great atmosphere!

I don't care what others do, it's my gig. I like to dance and party and enjoy, without fear that someone takes my place, tries to squeeze or crush me. The thing is, that the attitude is everyone for themselves. People pushing me don't want me to have great gig, they only think of themselves. So I'm not really fond of selfish, pushing crowd. It would be nice if people danced or partied, but it's just selfish hurting.

Also I hate the judgmental stares when I almost faint and because of that am pretty passive.

I will hit everyone who pushes me. Last gig one idiot push me from the row and took my place. Really friendly, great atmosphere!

I don't care what others do, it's my gig. I like to dance and party and enjoy, without fear that someone takes my place, tries to squeeze or crush me. The thing is, that the attitude is everyone for themselves. People pushing me don't want me to have great gig, they only think of themselves. So I'm not really fond of selfish, pushing crowd. It would be nice if people danced or partied, but it's just selfish hurting.

Also I hate the judgmental stares when I almost faint and because of that am pretty passive.

Sounds like you've just had some bad experiences. I've been in two gigs (well, one festival and one gig) outside Finland and both times it was just people having fun together. If someone fell or was looking ill or anything like that, he/she always got help from people around him. Like this one fella at Reading when Muse played, he was one row away from the barrier, suddenly he started panicking and looked like he was going to faint, so everyone next to him helped raise him up and lift him to the barrier (mid-song, disrupting their own enjoyment of the gig!), where the security guards could help him. :happy: So you see, it's not always just people being selfish. It's all about having a blast together without being a dick. Yes, there will always be some idiots at gigs, too, but that's just something that happens. Most people are still quite nice and friendly, at least in my experience.

Edit: Grammaaaaar.

Oh and also, I too would be happy enough if people just danced and partied, but in Finland people don't really do even that at gigs. Talk about apathy. :LOL:

It's the worst thing ever and I hate when people complain when everyone don't act like emptyheaded idiots. I enjoy my music with out insulting, irriating or hurting others, thank you very much :phu:

Absolutely, the crowd in Amsterdam were great, enthusiastic and noisy but there was no rough stuff.

I certainly don't want to feel intimidated by large groups of boys throwing their weight about and I also want to keep my teeth and come out with no broken bones! But at the same time it is fun when the crowd are lively and jumping up and down, it must be so much nicer for the band to see people jumping, dancing and enjoying themselves so not TOO polite please!

Basic good manners are important and make for a great night (and PLEASE don't piss in cups and throw it about, that has to be the most disgusting thing ever).... and generally enjoy yourselves. Can't wait. XX

I can imagine how I would totally freak out if I won that... I want to believe that I have a chance in winning this, even though I of course have the ticket already from pre-sale, still meeting them... like the biggest dream of my life :stunned:

This is going to be my first ever gig standing so I'm pretty nervous. Never queued before and I'm going alone so it will be interesting... But I want to meet some Musers, none of my friends like them and I don't want to live alone with my obsession :LOL:

http://muse.mu/news,win-a-vip-muse-experience-in-finland_1565.htm?f=news&pg=1

Win a VIP MUSE EXPERIENCE IN FINLAND! How amazing would that be? Great that we can also get as cool competitions as this here in Finland, absolutely nice. They really like us :p

Soon just month for a gig, good luck ;)

The timing of these is always so annoying, I mean obviously it is promo for the show so it's near the actual gig date but I would think the biggest fans already have tickets so people entering probably aren't among the most "deserving" to get something huge like a meeting with the band. Obviously with a sold out show it's not an issue since you can sell your bought ticket, but this is not a sold-out show.

I still don't have a ticket, maybe I should enter. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit around listening to radio all day long, let alone a radio station like Aalto (truly appalling). And last time with a Harry Potter competetition the tabloid in question made people dress up as characters and published the pics...not sure if I crave that sort of fame. :chuckle:

->will remain grumpy; will not enter.

In general, Finns don't tend to show up early. Barrier might be reserved by the hardcores but you should be able to get a very decent spot with very little queuing. Last time at the arena I'd say rows ~4-10 would have been completely up for grabs even 15-20 minutes before showtime. Seperate issue is that they might divide the standing area for safety reasons and only allow people at the front for a certain amount of time (last time with an outdoor concert they handed out bracelets that allowed entrance to the front section). Not sure what the policy is this time around.

Finally some news.. Is Mew the only one or would they add other act also?

...as some 50.000 people will be there, this will be Mew’s biggest ever show on Finnish soil.

Hmm that would be awesome :D

Archived