I recognized Agitated when Matt started to sing it and then i was like prepared to hear some more rare stuff so i identified Yes please straight off :D

Crrrrraaazzzyyyyy gig. Everything would have been extra perfect if we had heard B&H, Dead Star and bliss instead of Feeling Good, Guiding Light and gig starting 10 minutes late.

Loved it.

Audience at iron maiden gig was last week was confirmed 28k and my friend (participated both gigs) said that last night stadium had more people than ironmaiden night. the field was fuckin full.. he predicted something between 30-35k. nice.

Was a privilege and an honour to be there last night, a fantastic gig and an amazing crowd, Thank you Helsinki and thank you Muse... just when I thought I might be Mused-out you go and take it up another level! Best I have seen you (ok have only been to 8 gigs but this was far and away the best). Looked as though the lads enjoyed themselves too.

Did Matt say "We love you Sweden" after UD or was I hearing things?

X

Did Matt say "We love you Sweden" after UD or was I hearing things?

I thought I heard that too! Like he started to say "Sweden" and then corrected to "Helsinki". Don't remember at what point of the gig though. That at least would count for a Spinal Tap moment :chuckle:

Audience at iron maiden gig was last week was confirmed 28k and my friend (participated both gigs) said that last night stadium had more people than ironmaiden night. the field was fuckin full.. he predicted something between 30-35k. nice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=649359095076550&set=oa.391072544354222&type=1&theater

I say too there were more than 26-28k!

But it doesn't matter, still amazing and epic show!

Whoah, what an amazing gig. It was actually my first Muse gig ever, but it certainly won't be the last! Me and my friend arrived there very early, we got the numbers 69 and 70, slept there at the stadium and ended up almost at the railing, though we got separated due to an overwhelming numbers of people trying to squeeze in to get touched by Matt :D

My high point at the gig was Stockholm Syndrome and the following songs. I'm not (yet) a super-fan so I didn't recognize the B-sides (forgive me!) but that didn't make stop headbanging to them. Matt said in an interview here that the songs with metal elements, the heavier ones, get people best here in Finland. It's certainly true for me! Otherwise the show was awesome, only I didn't get to reach out to Matt in Undisclosed Desires, but so didn't so many other people. I'm still planning to make a Matt plushie-toy to give him the next tour, if I'm as lucky to get into the front.

Looking forward to the next time they are here!

But it doesn't matter, still amazing and epic show!

Gotta second that. Really really good atmosphere at the stadium, amazing show! And also the lights worked pretty well after all, as it got dark enough by the end of the show. That was my biggest fear initially...

I'm still planning to make a Matt plushie-toy to give him the next tour, if I'm as lucky to get into the front.

Btw, kinda regarding this: did Matt keep the Moomin plush toy he was given during UD, or did he give it back? I kinda missed that one from the screens, and I wasn't close enough to that point to see it with my own eyes either...

Matt said that in an interview here that the songs with metal elements, the heavier ones, get people best here in Finland.

What interview is this? It's interesting if they've noticed this, it would certainly explain why we got SS instead of NB during both gigs, arena and stadium. (Which I'm happy about- it would be weird not to hear SS)

What interview is this? It's interesting if they've noticed this, it would certainly explain why we got SS instead of NB during both gigs, arena and stadium. (Which I'm happy about- it would be weird not to hear SS)

Here you go!

Btw, kinda regarding this: did Matt keep the Moomin plush toy he was given during UD, or did he give it back? I kinda missed that one from the screens, and I wasn't close enough to that point to see it with my own eyes either...
I think he gave it back. He just took it to show it to the camera, and then probably gave it back. I wouldn't mind being given it back, just that he would acknowledge it :D I just wish I was good at that kinda thing, but hey I think I have lots of time to make it before they come back here.

Gotta second that. Really really good atmosphere at the stadium, amazing show! And also the lights worked pretty well after all, as it got dark enough by the end of the show. That was my biggest fear initially...

Yeah, really really good atmosphere, should be proud about us finns. Yes it got surprisingly pretty dark, lights and effects worked nicely.

He gave that Moomin Toy back to the crowd! Also sunglasses which he picked from crowd at the start of UD :LOL:

My high point at the gig was Stockholm Syndrome and the following songs. I'm not (yet) a super-fan so I didn't recognize the B-sides (forgive me!) but that didn't make stop headbanging to them. Matt said in an interview here that the songs with metal elements, the heavier ones, get people best here in Finland. It's certainly true for me!

Crowd went really crazy when Agitated & Yes Please started, we and they enjoyed it!! Especially Matt, he went totally nuts with "C'mon FINLAAANDD!!" and "woaahh" screams :D

Haven't seen it neither, but is it this?

My friend is now waiting at the entrance of their hotel trying to get a picture or a signature for them :D I didn't go too because my neck and legs are still completely sore :D I gave her my ticket though so she could try and get a signature on it.

I also linked the interview, but it has to be checked first by a moderator, so it will probably come a little late.

E:

Haven't seen it neither, but is it this?
Yes, it is exactly that!

What was the song after Man with a Harmonica??

Me and my girlfriend have been trying to remember what it was, but we're drawing a complete blank. It wasn't Knights of Cydonia like all the videos on youtube are, they did that one earlier.

Also, my first stadium gig ever, yeay! I like Muse :ohmy: (Black Holes & Revelations is my favorite, Resistance is second best) but I'm not usually a total fanboy of anything. On gigs I usually just stand around in the first row, wa-ay down to one side (yesterday, I was on the right seen from the audience) smiling and tapping my feet, but when they started playing Man with a Harmonica... chills! I HAVE to know what song they played after that or else... I'll just keep posting I guess. :p

What was the song after Man with a Harmonica??

Me and my girlfriend have been trying to remember what it was, but we're drawing a complete blank. It wasn't Knights of Cydonia like all the videos on youtube are, they did that one earlier.

Also, my first stadium gig ever, yeay! I like Muse :ohmy: (Black Holes & Revelations is my favorite, Resistance is second best) but I'm not usually a total fanboy of anything. On gigs I usually just stand around in the first row, wa-ay down to one side (yesterday, I was on the right seen from the audience) smiling and tapping my feet, but when they started playing Man with a Harmonica... chills! I HAVE to know what song they played after that or else... I'll just keep posting I guess. :p

It was Knights of Cydonia. It's always Knights after the harmonica.

Whoah, what an amazing gig. It was actually my first Muse gig ever, but it certainly won't be the last! Me and my friend arrived there very early, we got the numbers 69 and 70, slept there at the stadium and ended up almost at the railing, though we got separated due to an overwhelming numbers of people trying to squeeze in to get touched by Matt :D

My high point at the gig was Stockholm Syndrome and the following songs. I'm not (yet) a super-fan so I didn't recognize the B-sides (forgive me!) but that didn't make stop headbanging to them. Matt said in an interview here that the songs with metal elements, the heavier ones, get people best here in Finland. It's certainly true for me! Otherwise the show was awesome, only I didn't get to reach out to Matt in Undisclosed Desires, but so didn't so many other people. I'm still planning to make a Matt plushie-toy to give him the next tour, if I'm as lucky to get into the front.

Bless you, don't worry about not recognising the b sides... I spent the night thinking that they played "Agitated" and "Ashamed"... and I have all 3 on my ipod and listen to them lots so it shows how much I know about it! Think my mind was a little addled.

The numbers system worked well although it is odd how it all shakes down once inside the stadium, I was number 442 but got barrier without running or pushing in, I started off one row back at the b stage and then as people stood up at the barrier there was more room and I just slotted in in at pretty much the same spot I had at Amsterdam.. where I was number 10 (although granted, there were 2 queues there). Did everybody get nice and sunburned?!

I was impressed with the Finnish crowd, I really thought they might be a bit reserved but they were mental, in a nice way. I was unfortunate enough to be stood in front of two of the most annoying boys in the stadium who shouted to each other throughout Mew's set (I loved Mew, they were beautiful) but luckily they were shunted on once things got moving.. they were young so I suppose I should excuse them.

Shame Matt didn't keep the Moomin for Bing. Was a very cute moment, wish he'd given it to me, those things are pricey.

Didn't the band look to be having an extra good time? And at the risk of sounding cheesy (although there's nothing wrong with a bit of cheese eh Mr Bellamy?) you could actually feel the love in that stadium... it gave me goosebumps and made me cry a teensy bit.

Oh well, be a while before I see them again as travel to the US and Oz is a little beyond my budget... how about a British Festival next year lads??

Anyway, once again, thank you Helsinki for a great time.

X

forgot to quote the message from couple of pages ago but didn't matt say "we love you finland" after/during UD? that's what i heard and thought it was nice he said finland instead of just helsinki.

Could have sworn he said "We love you Sweden" but I was(and still am) in a dreamlike state and he could have said "My old man's a dustman" for all I can remember now.

Archived