http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/local-weather

http://www.foreca.fi/Finland/Helsinki/details/20130727

These still shows it's gonna be sunny and pretty hot day tomorrow. Remember water...!!

How's it look like there now? We (two handsome boys) are heading to Helsinki in early morning.

Dom has been interviewed recently by YleX (finnish)

YleX 1

YleX 2

Nah google translate would help, I'm now with phone...

Hello guys! this gig will be my first Muse' show and first in Helsinki. I'm not from Finland and trying to figure out how does the organisation of the concert go.

I mean, what time (approximately) the band will start? how long does it usually take to go inside the venue through all the checking by guards, etc,?

and, moreover, what is the convenient way to get to the stadium? :)

i have the ticket to the standing area. maybe i could join someone? :)

There's hundreds of people here, we didn't even get numbers anymore. We're 160ish though. :chuckle: A hilarious teen complained to the security people how the un-numbered ones have to be in a queue when the numbered ones get to lay on the grass. :LOL: The people gave exactly zero fucks.

There's hundreds of people here, we didn't even get numbers anymore. We're 160ish though. :chuckle: A hilarious teen complained to the security people how the un-numbered ones have to be in a queue when the numbered ones get to lay on the grass. :LOL: The people gave exactly zero fucks.

Fuck I'll be there in 45min I think, getting so stressed aaargh

How many standing tickets have been sold?? Is there a line somewhere? All musers are just laying on the grass :D !! We have numbers 563/564, are we screwed.......should we just go in the line (if there is one) and hope for the best

Wooah. Thanks Muse - fabulous show as always.

Setlist:

Supremacy

Super Massive Black Hole

Panic Station

Resistance

Animals

Knights of Cydonia

Dracula Mountain

Sunburn

Hysteria

Feeling Good

Follow Me

Liquid State

Madness

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Agitated

Yes Please

Blackout

Guiding Light

Undisclosed

Unsustainable

Plug In Baby

Survival

Uprising

Starlight

My take on the concert:

I decided to be chill about the whole concert and consciously avoided the forum/details of the tour production/set lists because I've had past concert experinces where by the time th concert is starting, I already know all about it and it has taken some of the excitement off. However, I did take a couple of looks of setlists during the tour's early stages so that I know not to expect certain songs to pop up, because I've also had experiences where the concert was "ruined" by too-high expectations on that front (mainly the "vote the setlist" fiasco- I did not know they weren't playing all the top 3 songs).

This turned out to be a great decision. Only time I was disappointed with the setlist was when it became evident that there was no B&H, because I had erraneously assumed it was one of the rotated songs due to its appearance on the tour. Wasn't really "feeling" FG, so that was the low point of the gig for me. I don't think the audience response was good either for FG, which obviously puts forth the question of why they insist on playing it again and again.

As for the huge talking point of the gig, Agitated&Yes Please making a spontaneous apprearance, sadly I have to acknowledge that I am nowhere near the superfan level of most of you other guys on this board, as I couldn't even identify the songs when they were being played. A shame, I know, however this is due to the fact I don't think much of either songs and haven't listened to either for a long, long time. For me they as songs are just throwaways and taking out the novelty factor of them being played, that section in the concert served to highlight their better songs. However, this is by NO means a criticism of the songs being played, it was absolutely delightful to see Muse do something like this. The whole show was such a carefully planned spectacle that obvious moments of spontaneity (that might alienate a portion of the huge audience) seemed positively rebellious considering Muse's recent track record of pleasing the average fan. Moreover, I am really happy for you guys who love those songs, that you got the chance to hear them.

Much has been said about GL, UD being played but as the gig started to reach the B-stage/encore portion I suddenly truly became aware how skilfully the show is put together, especially when they are aiming for stadium extravaganza. The B-stage starting with Blackout/ballerina hanging from the light bulb,then the über schmaltz of GD, then Matt playing up the girls at the barrier during UD- all served the greater cause of doing it big, and doing it shamelessly. However, during this section I also got the distinct sense of (self)parody during all the ridiculousless, and by the time Charles rolled out I was kind of hoping for a robot malfunction to count for a true Spinal Tap moment. This is not a criticism either, really, I was thoroughly entertained. However, I don't think a single person there was buying GL as their unifying, larger-that-life stadium ballad, I saw exactly zero lighters/cell phone screens being waved during it, so Muse need to write a better pot of syrup for the next tour.

Overall, I had a great time. I was glad to see the audience (being reported as being 26 000) being enthusiastic. I think the reviewer for Helsingin Sanomat (a newspaper) made a good point when he pointed out that most people there were actual fans and not disinterested corporate guests who flatten the general atmosphere.

However, I don't think a single person there was buying GL as their unifying, larger-that-life stadium ballad, I saw exactly zero lighters/cell phone screens being waved during it, so Muse need to write a better pot of syrup for the next tour.

Because GL isnt the right song for this? Its too quick and not really a ballad like Unintended.

Because GL isnt the right song for this? Its too quick and not really a ballad like Unintended.

Hmm, in my opinion it's definitely written to be exactly that kind of song, an anthemic stadium ballad. I don't see it as being too "quick" for that at all. I mean, why else would they bring it out for the stadiums after being pulled from the arena/club set lists?

Archived