2013.07.12 - Freilichtbühne Loreley, Sankt Goarshausen, Germany

The_Renestance

I am really disappointed. i mean the Gig was great, but Berlin got 2 hours!!! What the hell?

:mad:

same. took me longer to get from that hill, than the gig itself lasted. And if curfew was at 11, I don't get, why it ended so quickly.

But I'll stop complaining now. At least they played open airs in germany. Last time I had to drive to holland to see them. #postivenergyandstuff

I have no answer from the Loreley site so far. Can we all please post our answers if we get them in here so others know? I've heard a rumour (according to festvalists) that the stage had to be taken down by 11:30 pm but I haven't seen confirmation for that yet. Just because there was another gig the next day. Loreley theatre, if that's true you are never seeing me again ;)

I have no answer from the Loreley site so far. Can we all please post our answers if we get them in here so others know? I've heard a rumour (according to festvalists) that the stage had to be taken down by 11:30 pm but I haven't seen confirmation for that yet. Just because there was another gig the next day. Loreley theatre, if that's true you are never seeing me again ;)

on facebook they got the organisators of the gig

I blame them for not seeing bliss live on my third gig :D:(

on facebook they got the organisators of the gig

I blame them for not seeing bliss live on my third gig :D:(

I'm asking to repost here because I have never used facebook and I never will. Thus, please anyone who gets an answer on facebook, please repost here so we can all share it. There are others too who don't use facebook.

This is a statement by a friend of mine that I completely agree with:

"Loreley:

- most expensive gig of the tour (72,50 €)

- reduced stage and show (for which you can usually compensate musically. But that's a huge part of what determines the price, isn't it?)

- shortest set of the EU open air tour (19 songs instead of 25-28)

- The songs that were left out included the most interesting, special, exclusive ones. 12/19 were from the last 2 (of 6!) records.

- Short set + no encore => Ppl. didn't expect it to be over and were surprised

(- least interesting and known support act)

Even if the organiser made some crap or whatever reasons there are: I think you should insist on some standards. It seems like that concert can't be compared to the rest of the recent tour. And a 90 minutes set is not enough for such a high price.

My 5th Muse concert. I have rarely been that disappointed and angry after a concert."

---

My own point of comparison is the concert at Rock am Ring in 2010. That had only marginally less show elements (no fire, no hardly visible or interesting actors, but it did have a dancer on a balloon), while having a similar play time, a better ending (with an encore and some classic song at the end) and generally more classic songs, all while costing a lot less. ~150€ (if memory serves right) for Kiss, Rage against the Machine, Rammstein, Muse and countless other bands.

By the way: I think that problems with the venue would hardly be an excuse. They could've adjusted the ticket price. They could've gone somewhere else - there are quite many stadiums where they could've taken the show. They could've started earlier. The only acceptable excuse would be something short-term, e.g. one of the band members being in bad health or the venue management suddenly acting up. I hope that there will be a statement concerning something like that, because else I can't help but think that this was a massive cash grab. Which is ironic for a band with songs such as "Animals"...

HA! :D The world to the diggers! I just found this on the page of the Night of the Prog organising website:

09-04-13 - ... Leider musste Tubular Bells for Two wieder ausgeladen werden, da erst jetzt Klarheit über den zeitlichen Rahmen und dem technischen Aufwand der Muse Show am Vortag feststehen, der eine Umsetzung dieser nicht ganz einfachen Show nicht möglich machte.
Quick translation: "Unfortunately, Tubular Bells for Two had to be un-invited because only now we know for certain about the timeframe and the technical arrangements of the Muse show on the day before, which render making this show - which isn't quite easy - impossible.

This doesn't actually say that Muse had to stop earlier so that the stage could be changed for the Night of the Prog, but if the Night of the Prog had to take away a band they'd already invited because it didn't work out with the Muse stage setup and timing beforehand, it means that something with the setup was tight in time and materials.

Going by setlist.fm, there were 4 less songs than in Berlin (one of which being Interlude) and there was an encore. Yeah it was a weaker setlist, but what exactly do you hope to achieve by contacting the venue/promoters/band?

Finding out what the real reason was. ;) I know some people don't care, but I and quite a few others do.

HA! :D The world to the diggers! I just found this on the page of the Night of the Prog organising website:

Quick translation: "Unfortunately, Tubular Bells for Two had to be un-invited because only now we know for certain about the timeframe and the technical arrangements of the Muse show on the day before, which render making this show - which isn't quite easy - impossible.

This doesn't actually say that Muse had to stop earlier so that the stage could be changed for the Night of the Prog, but if the Night of the Prog had to take away a band they'd already invited because it didn't work out with the Muse stage setup and timing beforehand, it means that something with the setup was tight in time and materials.

Finding out what the real reason was. ;) I know some people don't care, but I and quite a few others do.

and they should hold a bbq party for everybody who has been at the gig :D

ok, i apologize !

the playtime had to be cut because of some regulations at loreley, so it wasnt their fault. if they do a clubtour with old songs they should open a lottery for loreley visitors :) . for a unplugged location the loreley would be perfect though !

and they should hold a bbq party for everybody who has been at the gig :D

Fed up of the Loreley for a while ;)

ok, i apologize !

the playtime had to be cut because of some regulations at loreley, so it wasnt their fault. if they do a clubtour with old songs they should open a lottery for loreley visitors :) . for a unplugged location the loreley would be perfect though !

Is this a serious post?! (honest question! /+what are you apologising for?)

There is no curfew up there (that the security know of at least), for the rest see previous posts.

I like your idea with the club tour! And I agree, it would be pretty perfect for an unplugged tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have to admit that, for me, this was the most disappointing MUSE concert ever.... but this wasn't due to the performance of the band.

Here is a brief description of our Lorely experience.....

PRESALE:

I have ordered our tickets via ticketmaster (this seemed to be the only official way to order tickets) but I still do not understand why the only available option to get them shipped was by "Express shipment", which cost additional 10 Euro or so. I would have understood if the show was about to happen but I ordered the tickets months (!) ahead of the show. There's no common sense... it's just pure "Rip-Off"

At the VENUE:

1 hour to get from town to the official parking.

Parking fee on top of an already expensive ticket. It's disappointing to pay 80 EUR for a show where you already know that it will not feature the large stage (because it doesn't fit the location) and a more disappointing warm-up than for the other venues. I would have loved to see Biffy Clyro.... but that's a different story! :p

At least security check was fast! (Thank you guys!!!)

1 hour to get some drinks

1 hour to get some food (We missed Deaf Havana because of queuing) :mad:

In the meantime all good spots were gone. We barely couldn't see the stage.... :mad:

We then walked up, to the back of the venue in order to (over)see half of the site and one third of the stage (the rest was hidden by the "Front of House"). The only amazing moment was when the light bulb (which was standing next to us took off for a little flight..... ;)

Don't get me wrong, the venue IS beautiful but maybe it is simply too small for such an event!

On top of this the staff was very slow and unprofessional. Most likely they have never been visiting such an event because otherwise they would have understood how annoying it was for the audience to wait for hours and miss some parts of the show! :( I am also sure that they never worked in such an environment before..... :(

After the show some of us wanted to grab something to eat but half of the snack bars had already closed down so people were again queuing in front of those that were still open! :eek:

The sudden end of the concert didn't improve our mood. Even worse was that after the show we had to wait another 2,5 (!) hours to get out of the parking area.... This completely messed up our night!

I know that the band is not responsible for this but having visited several MUSE shows as well as other concerts and festivals across Europe I cannot understand how the organization could be that bad. Especially in Germany I would have expected something else. If only we had been to Stade de France or Werchter Boutique as initally planned.... :$

This was my first and last time at Loreley!

Hopefully MUSE will be back to Luxembourg soon! It would be great to see them perform at the lovely venue of ROCK-A-FIELD Festival. Fingers crossed!!! :D

Archived