2013.07.12 - Freilichtbühne Loreley, Sankt Goarshausen, Germany

The_Renestance

hey people who have been to this venue before -

:)

How is the entry to the venue controlled? On Google it looks like the whole area is open up to the road.

The seated area looks tiny and the standing area is virtually nothing?

If you camp, do you have to pre-book?

Cheers.

I have been there plenty of times. Its fantastic!! Okay, if the weather is fine ;)

there is just one gate to the area, so you have to calculate some time.

Exact, there is no standing area. Most of the people are standing on the stone benches. They are quite uncomfortable to sit. Behind those stone benches, there's a big field. I am not sure about camping, but there is def. a possibility @ the Loreley-Hostel. Here's the link. This place is virtually the neighbor of the festival area ;) Camping about 5 € per night. I would get in contact with them. Its much safer to have your place...

http://www.loreley-herberge.de

I have been there plenty of times. Its fantastic!! Okay, if the weather is fine ;)

there is just one gate to the area, so you have to calculate some time.

Exact, there is no standing area. Most of the people are standing on the stone benches. They are quite uncomfortable to sit. Behind those stone benches, there's a big field. I am not sure about camping, but there is def. a possibility @ the Loreley-Hostel. Here's the link. This place is virtually the neighbor of the festival area ;) Camping about 5 € per night. I would get in contact with them. Its much safer to have your place...

http://www.loreley-herberge.de

Thanks. :) I don't think I really want to camp but was just checking out the arrangements.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it easy to kill five days in the are before the F1 race in Nurburgring? :D

Depends on what you like. The area is really beautiful, with forests, the rivers Rhine and Mosel, mountains, vineyards, castles, beautiful little villages, old Roman towns like Mainz and Trier, so if you're in for the "quiet holiday" with long walks, boat trips, visiting old castles and churches, having a decent glass of wine here and there, then go for it! If you're more looking for action, night life and great shopping opportunities, then.... errr.....no! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, i'm from Brazil and i'll be on vacation in July on Germany. I bought the ticket for the gig. I wanna know about hotels in St Goarshausen, because i'm going by train. Does anyone knows a cheap and nice hotel near to Loreley? Thanks. :)

as they said there is one on the rock and as far as I understood you can camp there (which would be the better idea)

Hi guys, i'm from Brazil and i'll be on vacation in July on Germany. I bought the ticket for the gig. I wanna know about hotels in St Goarshausen, because i'm going by train. Does anyone knows a cheap and nice hotel near to Loreley? Thanks. :)

here's a list of hotels in St. Goarshausen. You have to be very quick...

http://www.holidaycheck.de/ort-Reiseinformationen_St+Goarshausen-oid_17306.html

another opportunity is the village St. Goar. This town is on the other side of the river. Very easy to cross the Rhine with the ferry; even for pedestrians...

http://www.st-goar.de/587-0-hotels.html

here's a list of hotels in St. Goarshausen. You have to be very quick...

http://www.holidaycheck.de/ort-Reiseinformationen_St+Goarshausen-oid_17306.html

another opportunity is the village St. Goar. This town is on the other side of the river. Very easy to cross the Rhine with the ferry; even for pedestrians...

http://www.st-goar.de/587-0-hotels.html

Thanks, i'll take a look.

I'm honestly pleased that obviously so many people from foreign countries come to watch the show in St. Goarshausen. I'm really looking forward to you all and I'm sure you're gonna like the whole area at Loreley. It's beautiful - believe me!

On the other hand I am indeed a bit surprised that it's still not sold out yet, because the Freilichtbühne Loreley, according to Wikipedia, can only take 10.000 people and this is the only show in the whole south of Germany in 2013.

I'm honestly pleased that obviously so many people from foreign countries come to watch the show in St. Goarshausen. I'm really looking forward to you all and I'm sure you're gonna like the whole area at Loreley. It's beautiful - believe me!

On the other hand I am indeed a bit surprised that it's still not sold out yet, because the Freilichtbühne Loreley, according to Wikipedia, can only take 10.000 people and this is the only show in the whole south of Germany in 2013.

As I know 18.000

yes but it is still weird that it is not sold out. But maybe it will be.

If it is not sold out we will have a nice small gig and the band will let us dance on the stage

I have heard, that lots of people won't go because of the costs... The Loreley isn't a place to come... watch... and go... Maybe I am wrong, but I think both reasons: 72 € + "hard to reach" location are the main problems for a lot of viewers. The Loreley isn't compareable to cities like Munich, Hamburg oder Berlin... (unfortunately...)

Anyway it will be quite familiar, 10.000 people would be a big crowd at this place. I have the informations, that there are approx. 5.000 places @ the stone bench area and 10.000 - 12.000 places behind this area. Again, concerning the muse gig: standing in all area(s) ;)

Does anybody know is there a chance to buy tickets at ticketmaster with "collect at venue" option?

I don't want to pay extra 19,90$ for delivery. Is there another way to purchase?

Hey Dema,

where you from?

We got some tickets over because friends can't come.

You best write a PM to me.

Cu

Thanks, I answered back but I'm not quite sure if you received it, 'cause my "Sent Mail" folder has no message in it :confused:

Hi deBenni,

I got it, thanks. I replied. Please confirm. I have the same problem - "sent mail" box is empty

Archived