2013.07.12 - Freilichtbühne Loreley, Sankt Goarshausen, Germany

The_Renestance

Ticketmaster and the venue twitter account confirmed this one today. Tickets are meant to be on sale in early December, no information re: prices as of yet.

Yet another fairly 'different' venue for Germany compared to the rest of the 2013 summer dates so far:

Loreley_Freilichtbuehne_Luftbild3_01.jpg

freilichtbuehne.jpg

And as L. would put it: Thread for gig attendees ;)

Too''tiny'' for a stadium tour, isn't it?. Anyway, better wait to an official confirmation.

Could be possible, me thinks, as I'm afraid the boys wouldn't fill "real" stadiums here in Germany.

Would love to see them there, tho, as this is a concert venue I always wanted to see since I was little (and fan of a band I don't wanna name here which always played the "special gig" of a tour there ;) )

That looks so pretty! :eek:

It's in West-Germany, isn't it?

Yes it's between Koblenz and Bad Kreuznach. From my home and that's Harlingen Holland it's 466km driving by car.

It looks damn good but i think i can't make it. The week after were going on a holiday to France. If only they played a week later that would be a nice stop from our trip ;)

Geez, Ticketmaster gave me Berlin first (why ever :rolleyes:) meaning my code was gone when I cancelled this :rolleyes::eek: Luckily I had to order tickets for four of us so I could just use another code.

But from what I heard some others had problems with Loreley tickets as well, internal errors and all ...

I can hardly recommend the Loreley! Its one one the greatest open air places I have ever been. Very oldschool amphitheatre (one of the oldest open air areas in Germany) and a beautiful view to the river rhine and the valley. Its quite popular for foreign tourists to spend their holidays @ this area. Of course a very famous and brilliant possibility for drinking wine ;)

If you come via car, it depends on which side of the river rhine you arrive. Please calculate some time, if you have to use a ferry to cross the river. There are just some bridges in this valley. 90% of the inhabitants & tourists use ferries. Its quite easy to handle. I am not sure, if there are shuttle busses from St. Goarshausen to the concert-area (but I think so) The place is on the top of a hill.

On the following saturday and sunday (13-14 July) will be a festival on the same place called: "night of the prog". Its a quite familiar event... For those who have to travel a long way or simply extend their weekend a nice opportunity to see some really good bands. The last years following bands playd at this festival: Marillion / Fish, Dream Theater, Anathema, Pain of Salvation, The Pineapple Thief, Gazpacho, Riverside, Katatonia and many more. The next year 2013 already confirmed Crippled Black Phoenix (UK) and Anglagard (Sweden). Its a very nice festival and as I already said very familiar ;)

Stay tuned!

Jan

I bought a ticket for this gig because the venue looks totally amazing :D

It's probably going to be quite a complicated trip to get there though.

it doesn't look amazing... actually it is amazing ;)

And yes, its a bit tricky to reach St. Goarshausen by car, but there are lots of ferry-stations and you don't have to wait long. The "ship-cruise" doesn't take to long time; just some minutes! Of course the first big event before seeing muse in the evening :D

it doesn't look amazing... actually it is amazing ;)

And yes, its a bit tricky to reach St. Goarshausen by car, but there are lots of ferry-stations and you don't have to wait long. The "ship-cruise" doesn't take to long time; just some minutes! Of course the first big event before seeing muse in the evening :D

I won't be driving. I'm coming from the UK - looks like trains will be involved somewhere and planes (or eurostar). Actually quite looking forward to it already. :D

• 4 weeks later...
This will be the most magical gig of the entire stadium tour. I'm absolutely sure. If the weather is nice we will camp. The area is very nice so it should be fun. Feel free to join us. We are sexy as hell and strong drinkers. :LOL:

You should maybe mention that we are so many there won't be any barrier spots left, tho ;)

Na, just kidding ;)

Already looking forward to some pwoper queuing with all the crazy Germans :D

hey people who have been to this venue before -

:)

How is the entry to the venue controlled? On Google it looks like the whole area is open up to the road.

The seated area looks tiny and the standing area is virtually nothing?

If you camp, do you have to pre-book?

Cheers.

Archived