They're probably hoping that the pain will have eased enough to play by then or the doctor has said to rest his foot for the next ten days or something. I reckon they are probably cutting the time he should rest short, basing it on the potential minimum healing time, rather than the other way round. Hence the warning that he might not be well enough for the following gigs.

Good point :)

It'd be pretty shit of them if they didn't reschedule them, but they probably won't... They didn't reschedule the last time they cancelled on sweden, did they?

Nope. The hard thing with rescheduling is finding a time when the venues are free to be booked again that doesn't clash with other gigs they've got planned. I doubt they'll even try really, doesn't sound like they will anyway.

Well, by looking at the scans it certainly looks like a toe(s)

His foot looks fine on the xray. It just looks like he's broken two toes.

I saw the film that was posted. I am not a radiologist or a doctor.

It looks to me like at least the one break is actually the tarsal BELOW where the toe meets the foot. The bones of the foot look like toes all the way almost back to the ankle. It's easy for someone who is not medically trained to mistake them for toes. Also, based on the shadowing, it looks like he might have even been moving a bit during the xray which would also skew the location of the break a bit. It looks to be right where the toe connects to the foot to me though. Based solely on my limitd A&P courses in college.

Again.I wouldn't even speculate if you hadn't asked. I am not a doctor or a radiologist, and Matt said he broke his foot. I believe him.

I don't really see how people are so confident in their ability to interpret x-rays. I think musemomof4 has a point!

Nope. The hard thing with rescheduling is finding a time when the venues are free to be booked again that doesn't clash with other gigs they've got planned. I doubt they'll even try really, doesn't sound like they will anyway.

Yeah, well that certainly fucking sucks for people missing out on their first muse gig :/

The hard thing with rescheduling is that they don't want to.

haha yeah

I know it's cool around here to hate Mumford and Sons, but this isn't about their music. When the lead singer/guitarist broke his hand, they cancelled 2 gigs for the surgery. Then, with his hand still in a cast, they continued the tour as normal. With a backup guitarist.

Imagine that! :eek:

I suppose they could have Morgan do guitar and Matt sing but I suppose Morgan would still be busy doing what he does... that'd be weird I think though, weirder than when he was taking a stroll during UD for the first time :LOL:

But playing the guitar you can do sitting down! It's not even as though they'd have to switch up the instruments, just have Matt sitting down, or even standing still.

It'd be pretty shit of them if they didn't reschedule them, but they probably won't... They didn't reschedule the last time they cancelled on sweden, did they?

They tried to make up for the cancelled gig by having two in Sweden now.

I know it's cool around here to hate Mumford and Sons, but this isn't about their music. When the lead singer/guitarist broke his hand, they cancelled 2 gigs for the surgery. Then, with his hand still in a cast, they continued the tour as normal. With a backup guitarist.

Imagine that! :eek:

They cancelled the Swedish festival they were supposed to play as well :chuckle: I was attending and despite not really liking them I still wanted to see them. They were headlining and all. I think I'm starting to believe in all that God hates Sweden-stuff, or simply God hates me.

I've just emailed ticnet, will let you know what they say ;)

I'm still going to go to Stockholm, I'd lose a fortune on non refundable flights so I might as well go and have a play in the snow :D

If you paid through ticnet then they already have an answer. Tickets paid by card will be refunded automatically, otherwise just email info@ticnet.se and give them enough info to know where to refund the money.

Just had an email from Live Nation Norway. It seems that I have to ring Norway to get a refund for a ticket that I bought online. Can anyone confirm this info please as Google translate is a bit rough around the edges.

I don't see why refunds are not being done automatically. All the info about ticket purchases must be held. I guess if there is no automatic refund, the ticket agent stands to keep some of the money from people who don't claim it.

Just had an email from Live Nation Norway. It seems that I have to ring Norway to get a refund for a ticket that I bought online. Can anyone confirm this info please as Google translate is a bit rough around the edges.

I don't see why refunds are not being done automatically. All the info about ticket purchases must be held. I guess if there is no automatic refund, the ticket agent stands to keep some of the money from people who don't claim it.

It depends on how you bought them. Both ticnet and crowdsurge(pre-sale) offer automatic refund if you paid by credit card.

And showing us the email they sent would make it easier to confirm :p

It depends on how you bought them. Both ticnet and crowdsurge(pre-sale) offer automatic refund if you paid by credit card.

"Onsdag 5. desember skulle Muse holdt konsert i Oslo Spektrum. På grunn av at bandets vokalist Matthew Bellamy for noen dager siden skadet foten må vi dessverre meddele at konserten er avlyst.

Matthew Bellamy har brukket to ben i sin fot hvilket gjør det umulig for bandet å gjennomføre konserten neste uke. Vi og bandet beklager dette på det sterkeste. Billetter refunderes der hvor de er kjøpt.

Refundering starter lørdag 1. desember.

Siste frist for refundering av billetter til MUSE I Oslo Spektrum er fredag 1. februar 2013.

Hvis du kjøpte billettene dine via et av våre utsalgssteder (Posten, Narvesen, 7-Eleven eller billettluke tilknyttet et spillested), kan du kontakte disse utsalgsstedene innefor respektive kjeder for å få refundert billetter.

Billetter kjøpt på 815 33 133 eller på Billettservice.no refunderes ved å ringe til 815 33 133.

Billettene vil bli refundert per telefon, og pengene overføres tilbake til det kortet som ble brukt ved kjøp.

Du må ta kontakt med Billettservice eller det stedet hvor du kjøpte billettene FØR siste frist for refundering er utløpt!"

I don't speak any Norwegian so might be a bit tricky getting my refund :unsure:

MUSE AVLYSER KONSERTEN I OSLO SPEKTRUM 5. DESEMBER

Onsdag 5. desember skulle Muse holdt konsert i Oslo Spektrum. På grunn av at bandets vokalist Matthew Bellamy for noen dager siden skadet foten må vi dessverre meddele at konserten er avlyst.

Matthew Bellamy har brukket to ben i sin fot hvilket gjør det umulig for bandet å gjennomføre konserten neste uke. Vi og bandet beklager dette på det sterkeste. Billetter refunderes der hvor de er kjøpt.

Refundering starter lørdag 1. desember.

Siste frist for refundering av billetter til MUSE I Oslo Spektrum er fredag 1. februar 2013.

Hvis du kjøpte billettene dine via et av våre utsalgssteder (Posten, Narvesen, 7-Eleven eller billettluke tilknyttet et spillested), kan du kontakte disse utsalgsstedene innefor respektive kjeder for å få refundert billetter.

Billetter kjøpt på 815 33 133 eller på Billettservice.no refunderes ved å ringe til 815 33 133.

Billettene vil bli refundert per telefon, og pengene overføres tilbake til det kortet som ble brukt ved kjøp.

Du må ta kontakt med Billettservice eller det stedet hvor du kjøpte billettene FØR siste frist for refundering er utløpt!

I suppose they could have Morgan do guitar and Matt sing but I suppose Morgan would still be busy doing what he does... that'd be weird I think though, weirder than when he was taking a stroll during UD for the first time :LOL:

They will solve this by just playing all the songs that don't require Matt to play guitar or piano. So it'll be just a constant repetition of Follow Me and UD, with a few bass and drum jams in between.

So the gigs will pretty much cancel themselves because no one will show up. :p

I don't speak any Norwegian so might be a bit tricky getting my refund :unsure:

Yeah you have to call the above number to get the refund, but don't worry, they'll speak English on the phone for sure ;) I've yet to encounter Norwegians that aren't near fluent in English :)

Oh, and you have to do it before February 1st :)

Yeah you have to call the above number to get the refund, but don't worry, they'll speak English on the phone for sure ;) I've yet to encounter Norwegians that aren't near fluent in English :)

Oh, and you have to do it before February 1st :)

Thanks, I hope so, I was just worried because when I emailed them last week the response was all in Norwegian (which isn't surprising really!).

Archived