Soldiers Poem & Rape by a Police Officer

moopd

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I'm just wanting SOMEONE to know.

So, long story short, I was raped by a uniformed police officer a while back. I wasn't stupid, I reported it.

So, I just thought it was interesting. I always liked this song before everything, well, happened. I've put my own meaning on the lyrics since the incident and I just want others to appreciate it. The song is very clearly cut with what the intended meaning is. Although, when you apply the fact I trusted officers, as I grew up with them (friends and family), it's just interesting to me I guess. I didn't know the officer that raped me, yet even to this day I'm still considerably concerned for his family... I am saddened by the fact his 5 children have to face such a terrible father.

He escaped prosecution. Apparently, having a gun and badge isn't enough for a victim to feel as if they cannot resist. I never said no, never said yes, just totally complied. Who wouldn't? It was dark, isolated... I had no choice. System failed me miserably. It failed EVERYONE out there--if you're a victim from rape directly or not. I just feel as if my entire community is a victim.

Throw it all away,

lose ourselves, as I no longer wish to live quite frankly but still carry on anyways

There isn't anyone left to blame because our justice system failed me and chose not to prosecute so they "wouldn't have a chance of losing money if he was found not guilty"

It's a shame we're all dying.. as I've said before, "Lord I really tried, but I'm different now, I've died" I swear to you, If I had the option to bury myself and to be forgotten-I WOULD... I died the moment the officer touched me. I'll never be me again.

I've been sent so far away from home.. I'm not the same girl.. I was given so much rage.

he knew it was so wrong.

Yet, I still care... I still care about his family... he's been fired... just sad for his kids.

And do you think you deserve your freedom?

No, I don't think you do

There's no justice in the world

There's no justice in the world

And there never was

-Sincerely,

screwed up member in the world with no justice!

PS: No, wasn't drinking, I have no criminal record, I wasnt stopped for ANYTHING. He was on patrol, it just got dark, and I was so in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Holy shit. I'm so sorry for what happened to you. :(

That really is no justice. And even though you had to put your PS: in there, I'm so fucking glad you don't blame yourself even though the system seems to want you to. Argh I'm so angry for you, the fact that you still feel judged and ignored. I hope you can move on from this and be happy again. Always remember there are people out there (I am one of them) who will stand by you and fight for you, any time.

I swear to you, If I had the option to bury myself and to be forgotten-I WOULD... I died the moment the officer touched me. I'll never be me again.

You will be you again. Millions has been through that horrible scenario. And it's quite remarkable how women always seems to pull through in the end. You truly are asskickers all of you.

Don't let anger consume you, but also, don't suppress your feelings. Go out in the woods and scream if you have to, primitive but it helps.

And that's one more absolutely stunning fact about Muse isn't it? All songs seems to relate to something in your life, be it about something horrible or good, when I'm feeling shit Muse is the band to listen to.

I wish you the best

I am so so so sorry for what has happened to you.. I feel so bad and so angry for you. I really really do hope you get through this even though I know it must be really hard..

All the best.. Even though justice is fucked up, you know there are people who're willing to stand by you.

The flaws the in prosecution system today disgust me :noey:

Sure, most police officers are amazing people who dedicate their lives to making the world a better place, but some are just people who feel like they have the world at their fingertips, and mercy, because they wear a badge.

I cannot even express how sorry I am for you; I can't imagine what I would do in your situation, but I don't think I would be as brave as you were and report it or post something like this.

I hope that you can work through this, and that you have loving people around you to help.

You are truly amazing <3

This whole post made me sad, but your PS did as well almost as if you were preempting the usual shitty questions that some people come up with when rape is mentioned. I wish you hadn't felt the need but I know the way the world operates unfortunately. My view is it doesn't matter that you weren't drinking cos it wouldn't matter if you had been. The only person who needs to explain themselves is the person who did this. It isn't your fault they're a rapist pig.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I keep clicking on this thread. I want to say more but I don't know what! I wanna hug you. Just... I guess... to feel like like you died... :'( I can't imagine how awful. You may be a different person now but you're definitely a strong one and an amazing one to be thinking of the kids, and that makes me think you will beat this. please keep soldiering.

Archived