Moving forward- EPs?

Alec Ferris

In fact id like to see some physical singles being released again. I have the feeling that Follow Me will go the same way as Survival and Madness have, and only be publicly available on digital download. There is probably not much appetite for buying physical releases anymore.

Well, that and they don't do b-sides anymore, which means there'd be pretty much no reason to put out a physical release anyway.

I'd prefer them to do EPs seeing as they obviously can't make an album that doesn't get sidetracked thematically or musically. However on my bedroom wall at home I have a cut out cover of the NME pre-Resistance with the headline "We're only going to put out Singles and Best Ofs from now on" so the chances are low, even if their contract has expired. Which is a shame.

I'd prefer to have EPs so the deeper cuts could in a sense stand in for B-Sides. The variety of their work means that you don't get full explorations of sounds on the last couple of albums, Exogenesis aside of course. I think they did some interesting things with the dubstep influence on The 2nd Law, but there's room for them to do some other things with it.

I'd prefer it if it's mainly Muse on the EPs rather than have it all filled with remixes. Sure they could include a remix or two but I'm vying for more material solely from the band.

I don't think anyone's suggested that the EPs should have any remixes in, rather that they should use EPs to put out new material instead of albums.

I'd prefer it if it's mainly Muse on the EPs rather than have it all filled with remixes. Sure they could include a remix or two but I'm vying for more material solely from the band.

that's what I was thinking to start with. Maybe they could put out a remix album sometime, but I've always found with those things that at least a third of the remixes are unnecessary.

I don't think anyone's suggested that the EPs should have any remixes in, rather that they should use EPs to put out new material instead of albums.

Someone suggested remix EPs. Have to admit I'm not sure, don't really rate the remixes I've heard of Muse's work. Although I reckon you could get something good out of it if you got some of this lot involved:

Trent Reznor (remixing something like Screenager or Ruled by Secrecy)

Liam Howlett (Hyper Music remix?)

Burial (I don't know what he'd remix, but it would be awesome)

Four Tet (again not really sure)

I think someone did. :LOL: Though this remix thing is really beside the point; I understand what you're trying to get at.

that's what I was thinking to start with. Maybe they could put out a remix album sometime, but I've always found with those things that at least a third of the remixes are unnecessary.

:yesey:

Muse are obsessed with each of their tracks having a blatant niche of some sort. It's not a bad thing, but you can really see it from The 2nd Law.

So yeah, having them just relax and do an EP of some sort would be absolutely fantastic. Just what they need. In addition to making their live shows better.

• 2 weeks later...
Another thought- maybe Muse could use EPs perhaps not to release regular "songs", but slightly more extended pieces more similar to Exogenesis in length and maybe structure. Like that quarter-hour guitar freakout that Matt's been itching to do for ages.

Exogenesis was that solo

Another thought- maybe Muse could use EPs perhaps not to release regular "songs", but slightly more extended pieces more similar to Exogenesis in length and maybe structure. Like that quarter-hour guitar freakout that Matt's been itching to do for ages.

Yeah, someting like Dream Theaters 'Change Of Seasons'. Still my favourite piece of music of all time, but I think Muse could beat that.

Archived