2013.06.07 - Olympic Stadium, Barcelona, Spain

L.

Gracias for the info Beibi, will be adding them to the list of places to visit as we'll be in town from Tuesday till the Saturday. Hope to see some of you there or if a mini-meet is organised. Just need to figure out where to pick up our tickets, FNAC seems to be the winner so far.

I'm so looking forward to it, have always wanted to visit Barcelona, and to add a trip to see the boys rock out makes it an almost perfect trip. It'll be the first time since Dublin that I've seen Muse in a different country, so excited ::dance: Hoping that Block 121 where we'll be sitting will provide a good view of the new production for the stadium shows, bring it on!

You're welcome! you will love it! Barcelona is really a beautiful city :happy:

Well, it looks I just come here lately to promote something but you may be interested on this one, we are running a competition in which you can win a tour through the stadium hours before the gig and see how the crew works, how they build the stage... all you need to do is make a picture of yourself with our madness glasses and your ticket (not sure if you all already have your ticket tho :/) and tweet it with the hastag #AMuseNoMeLosPierdo and that's it :)

The day of the gig we will also be taking pictures of people at the queue with the glasses on, then we'll make a collage with all of them :happy:

Hope to say hi to you all, it will be a fun day! :awesome:

Gracias for the info Beibi, will be adding them to the list of places to visit as we'll be in town from Tuesday till the Saturday. Hope to see some of you there or if a mini-meet is organised. Just need to figure out where to pick up our tickets, FNAC seems to be the winner so far.

I'm so looking forward to it, have always wanted to visit Barcelona, and to add a trip to see the boys rock out makes it an almost perfect trip. It'll be the first time since Dublin that I've seen Muse in a different country, so excited ::dance: Hoping that Block 121 where we'll be sitting will provide a good view of the new production for the stadium shows, bring it on!

Oohh whereabouts in that block are you as me and my son are there too.

You're welcome! you will love it! Barcelona is really a beautiful city :happy:

Well, it looks I just come here lately to promote something but you may be interested on this one, we are running a competition in which you can win a tour through the stadium hours before the gig and see how the crew works, how they build the stage... all you need to do is make a picture of yourself with our madness glasses and your ticket (not sure if you all already have your ticket tho :/) and tweet it with the hastag #AMuseNoMeLosPierdo and that's it :)

The day of the gig we will also be taking pictures of people at the queue with the glasses on, then we'll make a collage with all of them :happy:

Hope to say hi to you all, it will be a fun day! :awesome:

We'll be there later on, will go collect our tickets probably on the Wednesday, going to nab a Barcelona Pass as it knocks a lot of money off the cost of getting around town as we plan to go visit some of sights before Friday night :) Will be cutting out those glasses in the template and will be wearing them :D Hopefully we'll bump into you beforehand and others from the Messageboard, that would be awesome.

Oohh whereabouts in that block are you as me and my son are there too.

*goes to check email* We're in row 6. You're a helluva mum taking your son to see Muse in Spain, wow!

*goes to check email* We're in row 6. You're a helluva mum taking your son to see Muse in Spain, wow!

There's a lot of it about, I'm taking my daughter, though we're kind-of cheating as my sis lives relatively near by, she came with me to Montpellier too :happy:

Dear Muse, who are our supports for this gig??? :mad:

There's a lot of it about, I'm taking my daughter, though we're kind-of cheating as my sis lives relatively near by, she came with me to Montpellier too :happy:

Dear Muse, who are our supports for this gig??? :mad:

I like your style! There seems to be a whole load of brits invading Barcelona for this, Muse should start a wee tourist club :D Would like to know the support for this as well, they announced Biffy for Germany and that's in July, hopefully hear something soon.

I like your style! There seems to be a whole load of brits invading Barcelona for this, Muse should start a wee tourist club :D Would like to know the support for this as well, they announced Biffy for Germany and that's in July, hopefully hear something soon.

The first support act will be the Spanish band You Don't Know Me. They confirmed theirselves via their facebook. facebook.com/youdontknowmeband (posted at 18 april)

Ah you're a lot closer than me!! We are in Row 15 mind you it all looks good. Why thank you for the compliment. As Trog has said, there are a few of us taking kids. Well my son is hardly a kid as he's 16 in a few months.

The first support act will be the Spanish band You Don't Know Me. They confirmed theirselves via their facebook. facebook.com/youdontknowmeband (posted at 18 april)

Ohh now that is good. I will have to check them out.

ta for that, I gave them a listen this afternoon, seem decent enough :) Easyjet have changed the flight times when we fly out, going to be really late when we land, just as well I booked the flights for the Tuesday, give us time to recover, lol

dunno if it's just me but it seems weird that there's no designated entrance on the tickets?

No weird on that. There are just 2 entrances, so 2 queues, and you can choose which one you prefer. Do not worry about that, it is correct! :thumb:

No weird on that. There are just 2 entrances, so 2 queues, and you can choose which one you prefer. Do not worry about that, it is correct! :thumb:

Which entraces are the pista (standing) entraces?

Which entraces are the pista (standing) entraces?

I actually don't know the numbers! They are at the clock side, i always go there instinctively. There is no doubt when you arrive there; fences are there for the people to queue during the night. No chance to mistake!

urgh, sounds like a total bunfight, I like separate, designated entrances... and hm to queueing through the night, how many do that??

urgh, sounds like a total bunfight, I like separate, designated entrances... and hm to queueing through the night, how many do that??

Mmmm I guess it depends, for Madrid's gig in 2010 there was people queuing 3 or 4 days before the gig... a lot of free time it seems.

oh well, I know the dawt won't do that (doing the early flight to Montpellier was a 'never again!!!' thing for her :chuckle:) so I guess it's whatever will be... I also have no idea what my nephew will be allowed to do, not that I'm tied to staying with him, he's going with a few friends.

Really liking You Don't Know Me...

I queued 2 nights for the 2010 show in Vicente Calderón Stadium, but I don't regret it. Good weather, a lot of people (we were the only ones in our entrance the first night, but people arrived sooner than we'd thought) and a relaxed and funny atmosphere. More than a "camping" than a queue. I was 15 minutes away from home, so I could go back to have a shower, etc.. It was a great experience, meeting a lot of people, playing football with a ball that the staff gave us...

Not that I'll do that this year. I'll go to Barcelona the day before the concert, but I expect to see some friends the night before. Plans change, though...

I queued 2 nights for the 2010 show in Vicente Calderón Stadium, but I don't regret it. Good weather, a lot of people (we were the only ones in our entrance the first night, but people arrived sooner than we'd thought) and a relaxed and funny atmosphere. More than a "camping" than a queue. I was 15 minutes away from home, so I could go back to have a shower, etc.. It was a great experience, meeting a lot of people, playing football with a ball that the staff gave us...

Not that I'll do that this year. I'll go to Barcelona the day before the concert, but I expect to see some friends the night before. Plans change, though...

Are you not camping out the night before?

Are you not camping out the night before?

I still don't know. Maybe I'll sleep at a friend's house, or maybe I'll join some friends if they go to the stadium the night before, maybe I go partying (I did that when Coldplay were last time in Madrid. Partying until sunrise, having a shower at home and going to the stadium. Didn't feel sleepy at all :LOL: I think my friends know how to wake me up).

It depends on the weather (the stadium is on the top of a hill, I think it's cold there between 2-6 a.m. even in summer), the people who will be there,... I don't know. One thing I'm sure: I'm not going to pay for a room or a bed in a hostel. I have to save money :LOL:

I still don't know. Maybe I'll sleep at a friend's house, or maybe I'll join some friends if they go to the stadium the night before, maybe I go partying (I did that when Coldplay were last time in Madrid. Partying until sunrise, having a shower at home and going to the stadium. Didn't feel sleepy at all :LOL: I think my friends know how to wake me up).

It depends on the weather (the stadium is on the top of a hill, I think it's cold there between 2-6 a.m. even in summer), the people who will be there,... I don't know. One thing I'm sure: I'm not going to pay for a room or a bed in a hostel. I have to save money :LOL:

I wish I knew as many people in Barcelona as I do in Madrid but alas I have booked a place to stay. Walking distance to the venue too so not too bad.

Oh! the money... go to Barcelona is so expensive, even if you live in the peninsula :(

I know! This is going to be a trip that is a little more than usual.

Archived