Just got my confirmation email!! Was beginning to worry. Anyway, that was genuinely the most painless ticket-purchasing experience I have ever had :D

Straight online at 09:30, got put in a queue for 2 minutes (which stressed me out slightly), got my tickets oreserved, entered details, closed page for 2 minutes because my college teacher was right behind me (:awesome:) and then ordered. All done within 5 minutes.

I hope there actually is a presale tomorrow, but I don't get how it would work if there are no more codes to hand out :confused: Otherwise anyone could apply and it's not a 'presale' any more, lol.

I'm on the Gigs and Tours mailing list and I got an email from them today which says they are having a presale for their subscribers tomorrow, so if you've bought tickets from them before check your email.

I'm on the Gigs and Tours mailing list and I got an email from them today which says they are having a presale for their subscribers tomorrow, so if you've bought tickets from them before check your email.

Oh, I see... I removed G&T from my emails cos I was subscribed to so many things and getting gig spam from other places. Probably too late for me to sign up now and hope for a presale link :( I've done it anyway, but don't think it'll help at this late stage.

I'm just hoping as I had to cancel at the banks verify pay page that my code will still work if any tickets left tonight. If not I can't try Friday so I doubt I'll get a ticket. Have got a hotel booked but paid the higher rate so I can cancel if I didn't get a ticket.

Won't be home until 5.30/6 but will try then.

Work must be trying to stop online shopping by staff!!

I'm glad everyone else had such an easy time of it, but I certainly did not! :LOL: The website was very glitchy and kicked me out TWO times because supposedly my postal code was wrong (it wasn't). I'm so upset, but at least I finally got my tickets.

I have a question though (for anyone with more gig-going experience than me). Because I live in the US, they say they won't send the tickets to me and I have to pick them up at the box office the day of. That's totally fine, except for one thing -- My mom technically "bought" the tickets (with her credit card) so it's under her name. Are they going to let me pick up the tickets? According to the gigsandtours website, they "cannot guarantee" that the person at the box office will give you your tickets without the cardholder there, as they need a signature for the receipt.

I was planning on bringing a copy of the confirmation email, the physical credit card, my photo ID, a copy of my mom's photo ID, and a hand-written note signed by my mom saying I can pick up the tickets. Do you think they'll still give me a problem? I tried contacting the Emirates box office about this, but they told me I had to talk to the place that told me the tickets, so I emailed them a bit ago and am still waiting to hear back.

If they say no to my email, I'm considering asking if they would let me send them money to cover the shipping costs so that they could just send the tickets (since I think it's due to mailing fees that they won't send them that far). Do you think they'd go for that?

I know it's early to worry about something like this, but with my luck, I'd make it to the Stadium and they'd reject me. I really don't have any other option, as my mother will be on the other side of the Atlantic ocean at the time I pick up the tickets. :-/

My best guess is that you'll need your mum's card. It really is a stupid system.

You're doing the best thing by getting in touch. Explain the situation and see if they can resolve it without you having to take your mum's card.

I'm glad everyone else had such an easy time of it, but I certainly did not! :LOL: The website was very glitchy and kicked me out TWO times because supposedly my postal code was wrong (it wasn't). I'm so upset, but at least I finally got my tickets.

I have a question though (for anyone with more gig-going experience than me). Because I live in the US, they say they won't send the tickets to me and I have to pick them up at the box office the day of. That's totally fine, except for one thing -- My mom technically "bought" the tickets (with her credit card) so it's under her name. Are they going to let me pick up the tickets? According to the gigsandtours website, they "cannot guarantee" that the person at the box office will give you your tickets without the cardholder there, as they need a signature for the receipt.

I was planning on bringing a copy of the confirmation email, the physical credit card, my photo ID, a copy of my mom's photo ID, and a hand-written note signed by my mom saying I can pick up the tickets. Do you think they'll still give me a problem? I tried contacting the Emirates box office about this, but they told me I had to talk to the place that told me the tickets, so I emailed them a bit ago and am still waiting to hear back.

If they say no to my email, I'm considering asking if they would let me send them money to cover the shipping costs so that they could just send the tickets (since I think it's due to mailing fees that they won't send them that far). Do you think they'd go for that?

I know it's early to worry about something like this, but with my luck, I'd make it to the Stadium and they'd reject me. I really don't have any other option, as my mother will be on the other side of the Atlantic ocean at the time I pick up the tickets. :-/

If you know someone in the UK who you trust, can't you get the site to send the tickets to their address so you avoid all the box office stuff? My friend from abroad got her tickets sent to my address for the arena tour.

If you know someone in the UK who you trust, can't you get the site to send the tickets to their address so you avoid all the box office stuff? My friend from abroad got her tickets sent to my address for the arena tour.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I've had gigs&tours/seetickets change the delivery address for me before, they're really great about it. Just contact them through the customer service tab on the website.

I knew it - thanks to be unable to complete that last bit of my transaction today as the verify card bit just wouldn't work on works computers my code is now not working:(

I'm working solid both tomorrow and Friday until 5pm so will be unable to buy a ticket for this, so glad I did the flexi rate booking for my hotel as I can cancel with no fee, so glad I thought to do that otherwise I'd of wasted the hotel money.

Glad everyone else had no problems with ticket buying - the whole process was so easy until my card would not go through.

Yeah, you have free access to lower level seats and/ or standing as you choose throughout. Of course, the seats are first come first served, so if someone else is sat in the one you want you can't tell them to move!! Of course, if they move you can then sit in their seats, or other lower tier unreserved seats, or stand at the back. Or the front. Or the middle. Best of all worlds really! None of these areas are undercover though so wherever you are you might get wet (although it hardly ever rains in Manchester!!)

Yes' date=' the pitch just flows into the unreserved seating. But the good seats get taken up VERY quickly. People will queue up from early morning just to get the good seats whereas most people would go for barrier.[/quote']

Thankyou both :)

Had 2 tabs open, one for this gig and the other for Coventry. I thought whichever let me in first would be the one I'd go for as I fully expecting the usual hassle of online ticket buying and would grasp at the first opportunity.

Coventry came up first but within seconds so did this gig which was ideal as I really wanted this as Coventry was my real second choice due to the buggeration factor of a midweek gig and getting there from North Wales.

Could not believe how easy it all was.

Well chuffed.

Aug

I knew it - thanks to be unable to complete that last bit of my transaction today as the verify card bit just wouldn't work on works computers my code is now not working:(

I'm working solid both tomorrow and Friday until 5pm so will be unable to buy a ticket for this, so glad I did the flexi rate booking for my hotel as I can cancel with no fee, so glad I thought to do that otherwise I'd of wasted the hotel money.

Glad everyone else had no problems with ticket buying - the whole process was so easy until my card would not go through.

The verification failure happened to my friend too which stopped him using the code. However the system 're set' itself after 15 mins & they managed to get tickets. It may be worth trying the code again

The verification failure happened to my friend too which stopped him using the code. However the system 're set' itself after 15 mins & they managed to get tickets. It may be worth trying the code again

Thanks I've tried since but all it offers on my code is the main sale Friday, I'll have to see if there are any left after work tomorrow or if there are any slots I can try from work on my phone at break. Can't find the gigs and tours pre sale but will have a look now.

Ive managed to get Conventry, London on the Sunday and Manchester, as much as id love to have bought the ticket for the first night of London, had to think money and well...i think im already having a good mix seeing them at the three out three places that they are playing :D

Archived