I'd imagine in a studio in london or something? And I think they started transporting the stage to manchester already, someone on twitter said they seen stage trucks at the etihad. I sure hope this is true they rehearsed a song someone asked for :LOL:

Okay, I can believe the thing about the stage arriving, cause it was mentioned by someone in this thread yesterday, but it's not a small stage and I imagine it takes a day to set up at least. But who supposedly heard them rehearsing in a studio and how?

Sorry to be down about it, I just don't wanna get my hopes up too high :$

Nah, you're not being down about it I can understand why you'd question it but apparently chris told a fan at a football match or something that they have been rehearsing a song someone asked for, that's all I know and someone also asked tom kirk about muscle museum and tom kirk asked if they're going to another gig, the guy said manchester and kirk said something like "you never know" then walked away

Nah, you're not being down about it I can understand why you'd question it but apparently chris told a fan at a football match or something that they have been rehearsing a song someone asked for, that's all I know

But what song that was asked for is the main question I guess.

Okay, if the source is Chris at a footie match then I'm more inclined to believe that :D

Either way... Dead Star for Etihad :facemelt:

I was originally planning to go for the barrier at the front of the stage on Chris's side. From looking at photos/videos from the weekend, the stage seems quite high. I'm now considering trying for barrier along the runway either at the B stage or part-way along. (It shouldn't matter really where you go as we will be in the presence of Muse! :) - but it does)!!! What's the general consensus on here?

I was aiming to arrive mid-morning but I get the feeling from the other Gigs that people were arriving later and still getting decent spots :erm:

I arrived about 2:30 - 3:30 on all three days, didn't start queuing until 4 at latest and still managed to get a really good spot. I'm not a fan of being stuck on the barrier, though the last 3 nights I have been in the audience so I think for Manchester I'm going to try and get on the barrier, Matt does come out and grabs/slaps everyone's hand on the barrier, so it be nice to finish with that. Depending how busy it is, seeing it is not sold out, if its anything like Coventry, you should find it quite easy getting on the barrier. The best position I'd say is probaly for the half way point of stage A & B.

I asked this previously...but is there a pre fan meet up?

I arrived about 2:30 - 3:30 on all three days, didn't start queuing until 4 the latest and still managed to get a really good. I'm not a fan of being stuck on the barrier, though the last 3 nights I have been in the audience so I think for Manchester I'm going to try and get on the barrier, Matt does come out and grabs/slaps everyone's hand on the barrier, so it be nice to finish with that. Depending how busy it is, seeing it is not sold out, if its anything like Coventry, you should find it quite easy getting on the barrier. The best position I'd say is probaly for the half way point of stage A & B.

I asked this previously...but is there a pre fan meet up?

Well I'm gonna be at Gate X. So that's a place to meet people I guess?

Well I'm gonna be at Gate X. So that's a place to meet people I guess?

I'm gate X too i think, and I mean as in drinks, though I'm not too sure what time I arrive in Manchester yet, I've got to endure a 3 and half hour train ride, so I'll be gagging for a pint. :LOL:

I'm gate X too i think, and I mean as in drinks, though I'm not too sure what time I arrive in Manchester yet, I've got to endure a 3 and half hour train ride, so I'll be gagging for a pint. :LOL:

Haha Ohh gotcha :LOL: I sort of forget that alcohol exists at gigs, cause I'm 17 until the 26th of June and never ever get served :rolleyes:

Just gonna give my two cents for those wondering. Definitely go for the B-stage instead of main barrier. They spend more time there than on the main stage and you get to see everything including that fucking amazing stage in full. And you get so close to them that you can literally almost touch them. Matt goes down the right side of thrust during UD for those wondering. Dom walks up the left side heading to the B-stage. Matt also comes out from a small curtain-opening under the B-stage just in the joint between the b-stage and the thrust on left side for pianoslot. (I was there, Matt high-fived those of us who stood there).

Just gonna give my two cents for those wondering. Definitely go for the B-stage instead of main barrier. They spend more time there than on the main stage and you get to see everything including that fucking amazing stage in full. And you get so close to them that you can literally almost touch them. Matt goes down the right side of thrust during UD for those wondering. Dom walks up the left side heading to the B-stage. Matt also comes out from a small curtain-opening under the B-stage just in the joint between the b-stage and the thrust on left side for pianoslot. (I was there, Matt high-fived those of us who stood there).

Awesome, thank you! Know exactly where I'm heading now :D

Awesome, thank you! Know exactly where I'm heading now :D

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to try to head for the barrier, right hand side of the car walk about three quaters of the way towards the end. Looks like a pretty perfect spot.

Blimey, I'm worn out just reading all this.

I'll be there at 7.30pm, catch a bit of Dizzee whatsit, whoever he is, sit in my comfy seat till my beloved band come on, then go bananas to whatever amazing songs they've chosen.

Well that's a very handy diagram :D thanks Ryoma!! Maybe not Gate X then...

Good thing about this stage is that there's tons of barrier space and from past experiences, most people automatically head for main barrier if they don't know better. So around the b-stage, there'll probably be lots of space if you're not too far behind in queue.

Good thing about this stage is that there's tons of barrier space and from past experiences, most people automatically head for main barrier if they don't know better. So around the b-stage, there'll probably be lots of space if you're not too far behind in queue.

Okay, we'll ill head straight for the B-Stage then :D hopefully be in the queue at about 1/2pm, hope that's early enough. Just don't think I have the patience for hours and hours and hours of queuing :$

In Coventry he did actually go up the left side too...Saturday night he didn't as the song came to end before he could and Sunday night he run up slapping everyone's hand... Dom does in fact walk up the left side. I'm torn myself on which barrier to aim for, A or B... it would be amazing at stage B because they will be so close...

Hey there!

I thought i'd already signed up for this forum aaages ago but nevermind, i've done it again!

I'm going to the gig on Saturday and was wondering if there was anyone else coming from York?

Also, is there any goss on the Etihad gig that people know of without me having to trawl through all the different posts, if so that'd be great :D

Holly

In Coventry he did actually go up the left side too...Saturday night he didn't as the song came to end before he could and Sunday night he run up slapping everyone's hand... Dom does in fact walk up the left side. I'm torn myself on which barrier to aim for, A or B... it would be amazing at stage B because they will be so close...

I was on barrier A (Matt side) on Saturday and barrier B (Matt side) on Sunday just on that small red X on the drawing I made. Got to high-five both Matt as he came out underneath the stage and hand-shake Dom.

Sunday, I think he started walking abit up on the left side aswell during UD but didn't get very far.

On Saturday at main barrier, I felt very seperated and distanced from the show and got bored of trying to look behind me and trying to see what was happening on b-stage. Luckily I'm 6.1" so I could see some of it, but not much. Sunday was the best view I've ever had for the gig and was the complete opposite of first night and I could see everything on main stage aswell.

Archived