I feel bad Matt had to be the one to apologize and talk about maybe rescheduling... :$

I mean, it's not like he's the one who's personally making phone calls to venues and booking things... I'm pretty sure other people get paid to do that, and should have been handled better in communication to fans by management.

Not sure what would be better if the management did it. The fact that Matt did it means that

1. It seems more personal

2. Matt gets more credit, which he desperately needs with the Swedish fans atm(reading the Swedes' comments on FB is hilarious)

3. It just makes the whole band seem more sympathetic overall. If the management said "We're working on getting new Muse gigs in YOUR town as soon as possible!" I'm not sure I'd really give a damn.

If the management said it, at least I'd feel like it was being looked into by someone who actually does the booking.

Instead of the poor injured fellow who probably just feels really shitty about the whole ordeal and wants to make nice with people who hate him for some random accident. I mean, c'mon, I've never been to Sweden, but it can't be SO bad someone would want to break some bones to avoid it. :p

I agree with it being more personal, but personally, I think it could have been handled better immediately.

I know if it happens to me, I'm going to more than likely pitch a fit, but I hope I direct my rage appropriately. :$ Those classes have to be good for something...

If the management said it, at least I'd feel like it was being looked into by someone who actually does the booking.

Well, in the end, the management is working for Muse and not the other way around, so it seems more expedient to have Matt say it.

Instead of the poor injured fellow who probably just feels really shitty about the whole ordeal and wants to make nice with people who hate him for some random accident. I mean, c'mon, I've never been to Sweden, but it can't be SO bad someone would want to break some bones to avoid it. :p

I agree with it being more personal, but personally, I think it could have been handled better immediately.

I know if it happens to me, I'm going to more than likely pitch a fit, but I hope I direct my rage appropriately. :$ Those classes have to be good for something...

You should have seen this board when Muse cancelled the last Swedish gig, back in 2010. They gave no reason at all and people were pretty upset, so you might understand why they feel frustrated this time, even though the reason was given. Why shouldn't Matt let his feelings be known? If feels sorry, let him say it!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha