Hey! I never thanked you for the ticket afterwards. (I'm fangirling here - shock horror) I actually got a full on stop, smile and squeezy handshake from MB. Even after copious amounts of "the thing" he had strangely soft hands. Maybe he should play his guitar more.

Er... remind me.:confused:

I'm betting it'll only be a single or a double A-side at max just 'cause I doubt they can be arsed doing a full EP :chuckle:

I'm saying:

- Single released either last week of Feb or first week of March

- European club tour all through March to the start of April (5 gigs in UK, 3 in France, 2 in Germany, 2 in Italy, 2 in Spain, 1 in Switzerland, 1 in Belgium, 1 in Portugal, 1 in Sweden)

- Drones DVD in July

- US festivals and R+L in August

and, of course,

Black Holes in full

They've already done this before....TWICE!

Nottingham and Wembley Arenas many many years ago whenever BHaR was released.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/nottingham-arena-nottingham-england-2bd60c52.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/wembley-arena-london-england-43d6c7d7.html

I was there at that Nottingham gig. Trust me it really didn't work (to be fair they were still working out how to play some of the songs live). The first four songs flowed quite nicely but Soldier's Poem was a messy dirge of synths and vocals, Invincible was nowhere near as good as it got near the end of the tour, Assassin wasn't very tight, Exo Politics was abysmal compared to the the Burning Bandits version, Matt can't sing the top notes in City of Delusion live, Hoodoo was a bit underwhelming and KoC just seemed to come way too early.

TBH I just remember the band looking stressed and tense most of the gig (as I thought they were at the OoS in full shows as well). The roadies switched the paper setlists just before the gig started so wondering if it was a last minute thing.

Absolution in full on the other hand...

Yeah, no, I'm...aware they did it back then, believe me :chuckle:

There'd be a big difference between performing it in full when you've only just released compared to 11 years later tbf. They're tighter and more experienced as a band, their gear's improved, they're more used to the songs, etc. I imagine even Exo-P would sound pretty decent nowadays. Not sure if Hoodoo being underwhelming was a one-off thing 'cos just about every other account I've heard of it said it was pretty great live. Also, Matt using falsetto for the A4s in COD reeeeally ain't a problem for me and I think most other people would be willing to forgive it as well :LOL:

As for them seeming tense, I can't speak for the '06 gigs but I really didn't get that vibe at L/R '11? Just seemed like their normal selves to me.

Absolution in full on the other hand...

Would flow miles worse? :chuckle:

• 4 weeks later...

Can't hack the waiting anymore, feels like it's been ages since that first tease.

Give us more in-depth teases to pass the time with or just tell me you aren't doing a club tour or even anything in Europe and put me out of my misery </3

Edited by Jobby

Maybe they finally are releasing singles instead of albums. It really doesn't make sense starting to write an album 3 months before going on tour.

Just because they're releasing a single doesn't mean they're going to stop making albums and only do singles.

Just because they're releasing a single doesn't mean they're going to stop making albums and only do singles.

But Matt said he thought albums were obsolete (or something like that). Calvin Harris is releasing 10 singles this year instead of an album with 10 songs, maybe that's Matt's idea aswell.

But Matt said he thought albums were obsolete (or something like that). Calvin Harris is releasing 10 singles this year instead of an album with 10 songs, maybe that's Matt's idea aswell.

It's not though, 'cos:

Matt's already said they'll be doing another one anyway, just not until some time next year (probs September/October time).

He's been saying that about albums for years, he's just gone back on it again as per.

yeah i know Matt contradicts himself every 5 minutes but it's a weird time to be writing an album. Maybe they just write a couple of songs and release them before the tour.
No one is saying they're gonna write an album now (except for some fools on instagram probably). What you're suggesting is exactly the conclusion that everyone here has already come to.