I wouldn't go that far. I still spend a fair amount of time playing every day, and I only really mess with something when it's not actually working properly

Certainly more than me! I definitely need to play more. I play maybe a couple of hours a week :(

I'm fine with them being good enough as long as I get the sound I want.

I'll vote for this, although I'm still quite perfectionist in trying to get it as good as possible in the given circumstances, haha!

I think problems are relative to number of guitars

Too damn true! :LOL:

Haha, well, yeah, I'm lucky that with Mansons at least I know they're going to play exacctly how I want them to. In its dying days, my Pacifica was driving me mad, and when I was in the shop one of the times, they were really excited about this Trussart, so I tried it, and thought it was awful because it felt so awkward to try and get a good sound out of. So yeah, I do need the equipment to play nice and work in my favour and feel smooth to play, but outside that, I'm not going to spend years and years searching for the perfect sound or whatever. If I've got stuff that does the job I want nicely enough, then that'll more than do me.

I think problems are relative to number of guitars

Yeah, that's true :facepalm:

I'll vote for this, although I'm still quite perfectionist in trying to get it as good as possible in the given circumstances, haha!

I usually care about playability more than anything else.

For example, if something doesn't sound right... you could always upgrade the pickups, add wiring goodies, or external bits like an EQ pedal for example. There are several ways to own your tone that don't require any major work or loads of money. Unless the guitar is particularly dead sounding or something, but that's not really a concern with most of my guitars

But if the guitar doesn't play right... then that's a bigger problem, and could end up being very expensive to sort out, and sometimes not worth it.

Morning all.

I am selling my 'Human Gear Animato' for those of you that don't know this is one of the many distortion pedals that Chris uses and to a lot of people is seen as the pedal that is one of the main elements of his signature sound.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Human-Gear-Animato-Distortion-Pedal-/221206246214?

These are very rare and it is number 219 so within the first 250 made!

Good luck!

James, yeah, that sounds fair enough. Like I say as long as something feels right and plays smoothly and can achieve the sounds that I want it to achieve I'm happy. I suppose you've got more than enough guitars for the odd problem to crop up now and again.

James, yeah, that sounds fair enough. Like I say as long as something feels right and plays smoothly and can achieve the sounds that I want it to achieve I'm happy. I suppose you've got more than enough guitars for the odd problem to crop up now and again.

I blame the guy who used to work on my guitars for making me like this. He always used to tell me something was wrong with them!

although I owned loads of gibsons back then, so...

Morning all.

I am selling my 'Human Gear Animato' for those of you that don't know this is one of the many distortion pedals that Chris uses and to a lot of people is seen as the pedal that is one of the main elements of his signature sound.

Good luck!

don't do this to me, man :(

Morning all.

Good luck!

I'm going to buy that and rip it to pieces.

Well whoever gets it please make sure you can put it make together again. There aren't many of them and one less would be tragic.

But in the event of making it possible to erm, clone? I'd rather have the knowledge on how it works. Besides, they still make these new anyway. Someone was very clever to state that these are ultra rare. They've been selling in of Japan for years, it's just it's quite hard to get Japanese retailers to sell overseas.

Alrighty then.

2010_Manson_HM_Custom_zps34171075.jpg

Manson HM custom. Excellent shape. £1550. includes hiscox case.

2012_Fender_Jazzmaster_zps91e4bd6a.jpg

Fender '65 reissue jazzmaster. 2012 model. stock besides mustang bridge. plays ok, but may need a fret dressing on the upper frets. Otherwise excellent shape. £1000 including case.

2012_Fender_American_Standard_Telecaster_zpsbb1e89b7.jpg

2012 fender US telecaster. excellent shape, was plek'd by SF guitar works and plays incredibly well. £500 including original fender hardcase.

these are still for sale. MA-2 and LP DC have sold.

someone buy the first one as that's the most expensive :)