Manson Signature Guitars MB-2 SE

james90

I never said the MB-2 was exact :ninja: the certificate says "production replica" so I don't know.

That's fair enough - I still think they'd be better with the kill switch personally but hey, that depends what you're going for I suppose. How are the pickups compared with the MBKs for example?

That's fair enough - I still think they'd be better with the kill switch personally but hey, that depends what you're going for I suppose. How are the pickups compared with the MBKs for example?

They are pretty different. I think I'll mostly use the bridge facing single coil only.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect either, since my cracked mirror (which has the same pickups) for example is mahogany with the mirror front... sounds pretty different from that.

The MB-2 definitely sounds like the original anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFq0-eGOOlA

clean sound is really close as well. i'm trying to find a good video of house of the rising sun featuring that guitar, as it sounds like that (on the bridge facing single coil)

Are you thinking of getting another custom built with this pickup setup? :awesome:

No? I was going to pay for it too :( When's your birthday again?

Damn, any idea where he plays the harmonics during the SMBH intro in that video? That is one of my favorite fills for some reason, and I can't seem to find something that feels right.

Haha every time i play SMBH i try to find those, i just can't :rolleyes:

I thought they were played on the 3rd fret of the D A E strings?

I will have to give it a shot tomorrow when I get home from work, totally could be, I just never found anything thus far that seemed right, but I have not tried that. It's so hard, every video of them playing it, he seems to be in a bad camera angle for it or not in the shot. He dances around so much during that intro.

Pretty sure it's the low E string.

1) just above the third fret

2) pretty much straight on the third fret

3) just below the third fret

That's how I always play it and it sounds right to me.

Are you thinking of getting another custom built with this pickup setup? :awesome:

No? I was going to pay for it too :( When's your birthday again?

Well, if you're paying? :awesome:

Haha, I'm not sure I could even manage another guitar to be honest, certainly no plans to get one anyway, I was just curious how that pickup setup worked, as I'm not really familiar with it. Is it just like having a big humbucker with the option to split it how you like? My birthday's in about three and a half weeks scarily.

Well, if you're paying? :awesome:

Haha, I'm not sure I could even manage another guitar to be honest, certainly no plans to get one anyway, I was just curious how that pickup setup worked, as I'm not really familiar with it. Is it just like having a big humbucker with the option to split it how you like? My birthday's in about three and a half weeks scarily.

Three and a half weeks? How the hell will I have it ready by then?

Here, just take the 001... I realize it doesn't have the P90s, but it's the best I could do on such short notice

And yeah pretty much. There are usually two or three options (MB-2 has two, my custom has three) but there's at least one more. I don't know if it would be useful though.

I'm curious about pickups like the motherbucker as well... apparently those have many splitting options.

and I see your video and raise you some horrific spelling and grammar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui577_AuRfI

no bodey likes you when your 23

• 1 year later...
I thought the MB-2 SE was an exclusive run :eek: did someone get theirs late then?

Well he has #17, so someone must have returned theirs. Weird that the certificate is dated 2015 though.

Hope he hasn't dropped it. :ninja:

What are you implying? :pope:

Ohhh I see

Not the first time a signature has been returned to the shop is it? There's been a few MB-1s in the past I think

Thanks for bumping james90.

Yeah I fell victim to the charms of the MB-2 SE, Manson's were displaying at a show that I attended. I'm not sure what the score is though, it was still full price and its in pristine condition. The tag or Adrian never mentioned if it was pre owned or not.

I've been wondering about the certificate today, since it defiantly says 2015. Once i finish work today I'll upload a couple of photos :D

*Edit just found a picture off of my Facebook page*

1.jpg.25b9665c53a338f6c0f461a7180f8ed7.jpg

I've seen the one with the white nut on videos too, mine is fitted with the standard black graptech one, I should be home within an hour or two so I'll grab some shots of the certificate.

The only thing that was missing was the "sticker kit" but Adrian emailed saying that he forgot to put that in the bag of goodies and has posted it separately.

Thanks,

Dean

Well he has #17, so someone must have returned theirs. Weird that the certificate is dated 2015 though.

My custom guitar has October 2014 on the certificate, because that's when I finally picked it up in its complete state, even though the guitar itself had been finished in November 2013. To be honest, it doesn't take them long to print out a new certificate, and I guess it's easier for them to put the date it goes to a customer on it, rather than the date it was built or completed.

My custom guitar has October 2014 on the certificate, because that's when I finally picked it up in its complete state, even though the guitar itself had been finished in November 2013. To be honest, it doesn't take them long to print out a new certificate, and I guess it's easier for them to put the date it goes to a customer on it, rather than the date it was built or completed.

Yeah that seems to be the case.

HOWEVER....

I did request a certificate for 001 which was built in 2010, and I've had it since 2011. I imagine it will just have the year on it for the build date (if they include that)

Archived