Muse Songs About Pain (help!)

Strawberry

True, but still a fairly inconspicuous example when compared to the other songs suggested.

How the hell is it inconspicuous?

The song is titled Assassin for christ's sake. Not to mention that the first verse is:

War is overdue

The time has come for you

To shoot your leaders down

Join forces underground

So Invincible counts but Assassin doesn't?

ok :LOL:

I wasn't being serious about Invincible.

Feeling Good, Invincible? :erm:

Endlessly? Showbiz?

How the hell is it inconspicuous?

The song is titled Assassin for christ's sake. Not to mention that the first verse is:

War is overdue

The time has come for you

To shoot your leaders down

Join forces underground

What I mean is that the aforementioned songs are far more personal and I believe has Matt expressing more emotion because it actually effects him on a personal level, rather then his (many) attempts at revolutionary and political lyrics, which tend to be more forced and less blatant.

What I mean is that the aforementioned songs are far more personal and I believe has Matt expressing more emotion because it actually effects him on a personal level, rather then his (many) attempts at revolutionary and political lyrics, which tend to be more forced and less blatant.

But this isn't just about emotional pain.

And both Endlessly and Showbiz fit the theme. What are you on about? :LOL:

Eternally Missed maybe?

I'm not sure if Save Me is fitting, but anyway, don't choose it, because the other songs are better.

Map Of The Problematique obviously

Soldier's Poem like already mentioned

Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Falling Away With You, Endlessy, Hyper Music, oh well, nevermind... I guess every 2nd Muse song is about pain in any way... But still, the live version I posted before is really fitting imo.

But this isn't just about emotional pain.

So it could be about physical pain? I can't think, off hand, of any Muse song that is about physical pain.

I think political songs can be emotional. I'm not quite sure whether they can represent pain though Matt was quite good at relating to the pain of others in Unnatural Selection, but its more about injustice. I suppose injustice can be painful for those suffering it. Though Muse's political songs tend to be more about empowerment than pain I think.

On the other hand some songs could entwine the personal and the political. Songs like Redemption.

I was thinking there aren't really songs that relate to pain on the new album but again Animals could be said to relate to the pain of others, "strike those in distress" but is more about the injustice of pain being inflicted by the powerful on the powerless, which produces sadness.

Explorers could be said to contain some pain. The pain of feeling alienated, either politically or personally which also produces sadness and feelings of defeat.

And Isolated System suggests pain to me. Well it makes me weep as I associate it with the ultimate loss of death.

Follow me also contains pain though not in the protagonist. It contains the concept of reaching out to someone who is suffering. I suppose that one does include both physical and emotional pain.

So yeah, there are possibly pretty poignant examples of pain on the latest album.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, thank you SOOO much for all your help.

I watched all the videos you guys posted here and it helped me making the best decision I could have made.

I ended up using "Con-Science" though, 'cause I thought it conveyed pain in a more straightforward way, and I'm proud to say Matt's song was deemed the best performance of the week. :)

I'm now in the final 3 with Alanis Morissette and Natasha Bedingfield.

I know this isn't related to this topic, but can you guys post here amazing vocal performances of Matt? What are in your opinion some of his best and most impressive vocal performances to date? I really wanna go all out for this final stage of the competition.

Here's the list of songs I've already used and cannot repeat:

- Feeling Good

- Madness

- Hyper Music

- House of the Rising Sun

- Uprising

- Falling Down

- United States of Eurasia

- Micro Cuts

- Invincible

- Con-Science

- Panic Station

I know this isn't related to this topic, but can you guys post here amazing vocal performances of Matt? What are in your opinion some of his best and most impressive vocal performances to date? I really wanna go all out for this final stage of the competition.

Do you mean live? If so, Stockholm Syndrome at Earls Court 2004.

Archived