matthijs

Nah not really. Have you got one on order?

Damn, calm down. Here's the full spec

> -MA shape swamp ash body (non-pickguard) - 2 piece super lightweight holey

> -Ali holey highly polished, no binding

> -roasted maple neck, holey headstock ali face with clear gloss finish on back

> -bridge humbucker and neck humbucker sized P90

> -volume, 3 way toggle

> -Gotoh 510 HAP machine heads in chrome or nickel to match top

> -Gotoh 510 tune o matic style bridge and tailpiece as above 510 FA

> -ali anodized custom hardware machine head buttons and control knobs slight polish

> -All other hardware to match colour (logo’d neck plate, jack plate, etc)

:facemelt:

You seem to love the MBK1 set right James? I got a set coming for the LP double cut (P90 size). Pretty stoked

Yeah they're nice. Aren't those only in humbucker size?

They are on the website, but I emailed Ben and asked if I could do it in P90 size. Basically you just order a set of Nantucket (slightly overwound MQ) and put "MISSISSIPPI QUEEN SPEC" in the description. Bit cheaper to get P90 covers, too :D

Hey guys just wondering if any of you could help me with this. I'm not great with pickups and such knowledge other than what they sound like so

My satin MA is perfectly audible as it was when i got it when I play in the neck position (through the sustainer by itself) and in the middle position but when I switch to the bridge position to just play through the MBK-2 there's literally no noise, just a very small hum. Do you think it's just a case of the MBK-2 dying on me and a pickup change would fix it or do you think there's something else going on?

Hadn't even thought of that :facepalm:

Will report back when I've done so

Also a good chance a wire came loose in there. While the pickup going bad is possible it's highly unlikely compared to dirty switches/loose wires.

All it needed was a good clean! Gave it a good clean earlier and it's sounding better than it has for a good while :D

That's interesting that it affected the sound. I wonder if I should go clean all of my switches to enhance my tones...

Brilliant

Deposit sent. How long did they quote to build yours? Should be around a year for mine.

Deposit sent. How long did they quote to build yours? Should be around a year for mine.

Nice!

It was a year in October when I cancelled the DL-1 order and sent in the custom specs. The routing is to begin #soon if not already.

That's interesting that it affected the sound. I wonder if I should go clean all of my switches to enhance my tones...

Yeah i wasn't expecting it to affect the sound at all but it seems to be louder and pack a little more of a punch than it was doing before hand.

nice

also, from what i remember, i received this exactly eight years ago today.

1836642_10152195287600944_2026300760_o.jpg

I can't remember anything else after that.

EYRpuaz.gif

AND what a coincidence - Jim's jazzmaster copy was completed three years ago yesterday.

Well, not sure if this should be in the luthiery thread or here but I installed the sustainer into the Manson...

Took around 5 hours on and off to get it in, with the help of a very annoying kat trying to play with the soldering iron. Surprisingly, the wiring worked first time which was not what I expected, getting used to it now.

Here's a small (pretty bad) album of the installation, never been so nervous in my life than when 2 holes were drilled into my guitar... But it worked out nicely.

http://imgur.com/a/GPH2u

Coincidentally there may be a Seymour Duncan Cool rails #forsale soon unless it finds itself in a tele build.

Well, not sure if this should be in the luthiery thread or here but I installed the sustainer into the Manson...

Took around 5 hours on and off to get it in, with the help of a very annoying kat trying to play with the soldering iron. Surprisingly, the wiring worked first time which was not what I expected, getting used to it now.

Here's a small (pretty bad) album of the installation, never been so nervous in my life than when 2 holes were drilled into my guitar... But it worked out nicely.

http://imgur.com/a/GPH2u

Coincidentally there may be a Seymour Duncan Cool rails #forsale soon unless it finds itself in a tele build.

Woah, great job! did you have to route the body? how did the 2 drill holes work, if I could ask?

Woah, great job! did you have to route the body? how did the 2 drill holes work, if I could ask?

No routing, managed to fit everything into the electronics cavity (manson leave a nice big space). However will probably route out a seperate spot for a seperate battery compartment. For now it's all in the one cavity. As for the drill holes, they worked great. 2mm drill through in the spots from the inside of the cavity and then a 6mm drill from the outside in for the final drill set. The switches are exactly 6mm and sorta "screw in" to the 6mm hole perfectly, tight fit. It actually worked out very well.

No routing, managed to fit everything into the electronics cavity (manson leave a nice big space). However will probably route out a seperate spot for a seperate battery compartment. For now it's all in the one cavity. As for the drill holes, they worked great. 2mm drill through in the spots from the inside of the cavity and then a 6mm drill from the outside in for the final drill set. The switches are exactly 6mm and sorta "screw in" to the 6mm hole perfectly, tight fit. It actually worked out very well.

That's really nice. I suppose a separate battery case would be convenient, but looking at how complicated the wiring is I'm so impressed that you managed to get it first try :D I asked my "tech" if he ever worked with it, he looked at the wiring and said "that looks too complicated for me" :facepalm:

The Manson cavity does look giant. I can barely fit most things inside my Cort :facepalm:

That's really nice. I suppose a separate battery case would be convenient, but looking at how complicated the wiring is I'm so impressed that you managed to get it first try :D I asked my "tech" if he ever worked with it, he looked at the wiring and said "that looks too complicated for me" :facepalm:

The Manson cavity does look giant. I can barely fit most things inside my Cort :facepalm:

Get a new tech.

Kudos for drilling into your Manson. I wouldn't do that to mine, and I build guitars!

Get a new tech.

Kudos for drilling into your Manson. I wouldn't do that to mine, and I build guitars!

Speaking of that... I'm having my E-62 overhauled.

And yeah. There's drilling involved when installing from new, but when I needed to troubleshoot my black carbon, I replaced the ENTIRE sustainer (board and pickup) in the process. There are literally only two wires (from the bridge pickup) that need soldering. The rest are plastic clip on connectors.

If I'm able to do that, any good tech should be able to.

Get a new tech.

Honestly I think I'd just learn bits by bits for myself. Don't have a car, so anyone better than this guy is a 45-60 minutes bus ride away or ~ $40 bucks uber there and back. It's more annoying than anything :facepalm:

Seen muse at Birmingham tonight, set list was immense. We got citizens erased take a bow and map of the problematique.

They were also tricking people, playing prelude before going into starlight and then playing JFK before Stockholm.

Seen muse at Birmingham tonight, set list was immense. We got citizens erased take a bow and map of the problematique.

They were also tricking people, playing prelude before going into starlight and then playing JFK before Stockholm.

Hell Yeahhhh, totally agree, tonight was a proper rock out setlist, reapers, the handler, take a bow,supermassive, uprising, citizen erased, map and stockholm, the flying drone orbs and the big ship which reminded me of thunderbird 1 was very cool, the 360 degree stage looked awesome, couldn't see any new mansons, mainly the matt black ones the black glitter and stealth kaoss, absolutely loved tonights gig in birmingham, i've seen them live ever since showbiz so seen loads of their gigs but tonight was a killer gig!

They've been doing prelude into starlight for a while now. I know JFK usually goes into reapers, but it sounds like they played both SS and reapers, rather than one or the other.

Hell Yeahhhh, totally agree, tonight was a proper rock out setlist, reapers, the handler, take a bow,supermassive, uprising, citizen erased, map and stockholm, the flying drone orbs and the big ship which reminded me of thunderbird 1 was very cool, the 360 degree stage looked awesome, couldn't see any new mansons, mainly the matt black ones the black glitter and stealth kaoss, absolutely loved tonights gig in birmingham, i've seen them live ever since showbiz so seen loads of their gigs but tonight was a killer gig!

Paying attention to what guitars he's playing during the show. Good man. :yesey:

Archived