matthijs

As far as I know, I bought the last E6, and there are no E7's for sale from new.

Last before the one that is leaving me soon... but it's all good :ninja:

Did I post that one-off E7 I bought during my visit summer? It was literally buried under two or three other guitars upstairs at the Works, and I don't think they remembered some of them!

That's the sort of stuff I dream about really... being able to sift through a stack of random guitars and find something #special like this.

it's wider, but easy enough to get used to. not sure what the exact nut width is, but it seems like the most common one for 7 strings is 48mm (so about 6mm more than the standard 6 string)

kind of really wanna go to NY again just so I could see the James collection :ninja:

48mm O_o my LP has a ~4.6mm nut width. Damn, now I get why people complain about the 2015 line that much. It's almost the size of a 7 string O_o

kind of really wanna go to NY again just so I could see the James collection :ninja:

48mm O_o my LP has a ~4.6mm nut width. Damn, now I get why people complain about the 2015 line that much. It's almost the size of a 7 string O_o

Someone off here has visited my lounge before. We played each others' guitars and made caddy comments while watching gossip girls.

At least you'll have no trouble getting used to a 7 string then.

46mm width, but the same string spacing as the previous models. Stupid.

It's all about innovation while keeping things traditional.

I was curious to find out what the nut width on the DC lite is, as I always felt that guitar to have a wider than usual neck...... but apparently it's just 43mm.

gibson_lp_studio.jpg

Was surprised to see that they were available in a black finish. Only ever seen them in blue and yellow.

Woah, I didn't know that it had 24 frets. Thought it was a normal 22 frets model. This looks a lot like the "DC studio" since it doesn't have the neck binding though :$

James, how does the middle position sound like in a MQ/NB set? And with the bridge split?

I'm leaning more towards MQ/MQ *sighs* Anyone selling? :D

Woah, I didn't know that it had 24 frets. Thought it was a normal 22 frets model. This looks a lot like the "DC studio" since it doesn't have the neck binding though :$

James, how does the middle position sound like in a MQ/NB set? And with the bridge split?

I'm leaning more towards MQ/MQ *sighs* Anyone selling? :D

Yeah most of the DC models are 24 fret.

These do get mistaken for DC studios as they're not exactly common, but they're pretty different. I'd say the DC standard plus is closer to the studio than the lite is.

Still a nice full sound I guess, considering the bridge pickup is a bit brighter, and the neck pickup has quite a lot of low end. I rarely use the coil split though, but on some guitars (particularly the mahogany ones) it can be useful.

And nope, but I still have the chrome MBK-3 bridge and MBK-1 neck set. Might also have an un-logod black covered set of the same pickups coming back to me as well.

Welp - just ordered my sustainiac. Shipping is 70 dollars...

Once that arrives my manson will be complete. Looking forward to it.

Are you doing the installation yourself?

$70 is about right if they're sending it a service other than USPS. You'll get it much faster though (less than half the time anyway)

Are you doing the installation yourself?

$70 is about right if they're sending it a service other than USPS. You'll get it much faster though (less than half the time anyway)

Still haven't decided, might get a local luthier to but not if I don't trust them, could get my father to help considering he builds guitars and is big on electronics and all the soldering.

Still haven't decided, might get a local luthier to but not if I don't trust them, could get my father to help considering he builds guitars and is big on electronics and all the soldering.

Is this gonna be a from-scratch build or did you already get a precut body/neck and all that?

After 6 changes from the original spec layout request, I've finally sent in my FINAL spec for the custom. I'm sure Adrian wanted to strangle me. Here's the gist for those who are interested.

MA-007:

- Body: two piece mahogany

- Neck: birds eye maple

- rosewood fingerboard

- Fernandes sustainer

- Seymour Duncan Hot P90

- Kent Armstrong Motherbucker

- Zvex Fuzz Factory

- Zvex Wah Probe

- MIDI Strip Controller

- MIDI hold button (in place of kill switch)

- Gotoh Tune-o-matic bridge - chrome

- Schaller strap locks - chrome

- Gotoh 510 H.A.P. Chrome tuners

What was the original spec?

And don't worry, for my most recent one, I've already changed it two or three times and I haven't even sent the deposit :facepalm:

Very similar, but with the piezo, MBK-1, LEDs in the neck. Went back and forth over a few of those as well as the addition of a phase 90, one of the mini chrome knobs controlling the phase speed, then there was also talk of putting it all in a "bomber" MA shape somewhere in the middle of all the changes. #IndecisveIsAnUnderstatement :facepalm:

EDIT: what's the plan for your next one?

Very similar, but with the piezo, MBK-1, LEDs in the neck. Went back and forth over a few of those as well as the addition of a phase 90, one of the mini chrome knobs controlling the phase speed, then there was also talk of putting it all in a "bomber" MA shape somewhere in the middle of all the changes. #IndecisveIsAnUnderstatement :facepalm:

EDIT: what's the plan for your next one?

#holes

Any news on how the SDL-1s are coming along?

Nah not really. Have you got one on order?

Brilliant

Damn, calm down. Here's the full spec

> -MA shape swamp ash body (non-pickguard) - 2 piece super lightweight holey

> -Ali holey highly polished, no binding

> -roasted maple neck, holey headstock ali face with clear gloss finish on back

> -bridge humbucker and neck humbucker sized P90

> -volume, 3 way toggle

> -Gotoh 510 HAP machine heads in chrome or nickel to match top

> -Gotoh 510 tune o matic style bridge and tailpiece as above 510 FA

> -ali anodized custom hardware machine head buttons and control knobs slight polish

> -All other hardware to match colour (logo’d neck plate, jack plate, etc)

Archived