matthijs

Yeah I can understand that.

That's not really too complicated, at least compared to the rest of his setup! The piezo isn't too difficult to understand. You'll need a stereo cable if you want to use it into two different amps like MB is though. I've always used a standard mono cable.

Interesting, I'll probably end up having them put it in. Do you use one amp?

I didn't think the 007 had a phaser in it.

Interesting, I'll probably end up having them put it in. Do you use one amp?

I didn't think the 007 had a phaser in it.

Keep in mind Matt had his removed after it got split in half

So if you want it to be the original 007 spec, get piezo and motherbucker, but if you want it to be more like how it is now, get MBK-1 and no piezo.

I'd do it that way based on the original guitar. My own preference would be to include the piezo either way.

Usually two, but I'm trying to add a third one now :facepalm: Not so much in the way you're considering, but just for different tones. I just need to figure out what the best way to set everything up would be, as I want the fuzz pedal going to one amp, the overdrive pedal going to another amp, and the delay in the effects loop of one amp and in front of another amp ...I considered a rack setup, but that only lasted for a few hours.

Keep in mind Matt had his removed after it got split in half

So if you want it to be the original 007 spec, get piezo and motherbucker, but if you want it to be more like how it is now, get MBK-1 and no piezo.

I'd do it that way based on the original guitar. My own preference would be to include the piezo either way.

Usually two, but I'm trying to add a third one now :facepalm: Not so much in the way you're considering, but just for different tones. I just need to figure out what the best way to set everything up would be, as I want the fuzz pedal going to one amp, the overdrive pedal going to another amp, and the delay in the effects loop of one amp and in front of another amp ...I considered a rack setup, but that only lasted for a few hours.

Split in half what now??

One of the comments

"looks like ali top manson"

well I'll be damned, it does y'know

mind. blown.

God damn, I think i've watched the GOB outro of Assassin from the Mayan at least 20+ times this week. SOOOOO GOOOOOOD

that amp doesn't have any trannies or valves in it. does this bother you as much as it bothers me?

Hi,

Can someone help me please. My innotation is out on my guitar. If i play the D note on the 12th fret on the D string it isnt playing the D note on the 12th fret but on the 13th. Any advise to resolve this?

So it's going flat? If so, move the saddle for that string forward (towards the pickups)

also, how old are your strings? being a semitone off seems a little unusual

Yeah its going flat.

How do you do that on a Schaller Two-Piece Bridge mate?

If you look at the bridge itself (not the tail piece) there are six small screws on one side. I think the EVO has them facing the tail piece, but some guitars have them facing the bridge pickup. Turn the screw directly in back of the D string saddle (it should be obvious which one) so that the saddle moves towards the bridge pickup. You might have to loosen the string a little for it to move freely though

After that, tune it again, and fret the 12th fret lightly to see if the pitch is the same as it is when played open

Generally it won't be perfect all across the fretboard, but you can certainly get it closer than being a semitone flat.

And I'd say two months is relatively old for strings, but I guess it depends how much you play it. I'd put a new set of strings on if this doesn't solve it, as old strings can affect intonation I've found

If you look at the bridge itself (not the tail piece) there are six small screws on one side. I think the EVO has them facing the tail piece, but some guitars have them facing the bridge pickup. Turn the screw directly in back of the D string saddle (it should be obvious which one) so that the saddle moves towards the bridge pickup. You might have to loosen the string a little for it to move freely though

After that, tune it again, and fret the 12th fret lightly to see if the pitch is the same.

Generally it won't be perfect all across the fretboard, but you can certainly get it closer than being a semitone flat.

And I'd say two months is relatively old for strings, but I guess it depends how much you play it. I'd put a new set of strings on if this doesn't solve it, as old strings can affect intonation I've found

You star thanks for the advice mate. I dont know if this has anything to do with me accidently resetting the action by mistake when i was cleaning it a few months ago. I only realised when i was in the recording studio on Sunday. If it is like this on each string do you think its worth my dropping it into Manson`s when I am next in Devon or should it be a simple fix myself?

You star thanks for the advice mate. I dont know if this has anything to do with me accidently resetting the action by mistake when i was cleaning it a few months ago. I only realised when i was in the recording studio on Sunday. If it is like this on each string do you think its worth my dropping it into Manson`s when I am next in Devon or should it be a simple fix myself?

It's a simple enough fix, but you could bring it to them if it's not how it was before. I understand the way I described is how it's generally done, but there are ways to fine tune it afterwards (checking on the 3rd and 15th fret etc)

I don't think the action would affect it too much really.

It's a simple enough fix, but you could bring it to them if it's not how it was before. I understand the way I described is how it's generally done, but there are ways to fine tune it afterwards (checking on the 3rd and 15th fret etc)

I don't think the action would affect it too much really.

Thanks for the advice James :) Could going from 10s to 11s and then back to 10s have caused this do you think?

Thanks for the advice James :) Could going from 10s to 11s and then back to 10s have caused this do you think?

No problem

And I don't think it would have affected it. I do think the rest of the setup can affect the intonation a bit (but not much) so maybe if the neck needs adjusting or if the action isn't exactly how it was originally.

I still think a semitone is a lot, so I'd change the strings, THEN reset the intonation. Is the D string saddle all the way towards the tailpiece? Or is it basically centered or closer to the bridge pickup? If it's all the way towards the tailpiece, that could explain why it's going flat.

The pickups have a bit of pull which can throw the intonation off, but I've only really found that to be a major problem on certain strats, and usually on the E and A strings. I don't think I've had any guitar other than a strat that's had an issue with the pickups affecting intonation, but it's worth keeping in mind I guess

Archived