matthijs

Anyone think this is a step closer to a Czech made MB series?

Not really, though I was expecting the DR-1 to be a little more expensive (considering the black MB-1 without X-Y would go for over £3000)

Also, bridge humbucker in the son of delorean?

edit:

Oh. I didn't see the part about being made in Europe and not specifically the UK. Fair enough.

I've emailed them about the DR1. Much wants!

Is this the green guitar that was kept a secret?

So have I :awesome: ... and the SDL-1 :facepalm:

Yeah that's what I'm guessing. It said he already had two during the recording of the album, so it must have been one of those

So have I :awesome: ... and the SDL-1 :facepalm:

Yeah that's what I'm guessing. It said he already had two during the recording of the album, so it must have been one of those

For the green one, Adrian says they're still working out how long/how many will be made. However, the first 99 will have their respective number stencilled on it like the #02 on the one at the show. Matt has number 01 with "extra gadgets" in it. After number 99 is built and sent off, every one after will have the number 77 stencilled on it. No set number on if this will be a continuous availability with "77" or if they will set a limit to it.

As for the DL-1 and SDL-1, those also haven't been sorted on how many of each will be made. Right now the magic number is 25, but Adrian said they're still working the specifics of it's going to be 25 of each or 25 total combined.

Tim says they are still working the kinks out in the mystery patented guitar. They also want to do a bomber run in the future, but they need to find someone to source the chrome job to their standards. Don't expect a copper bomber series due to the complexity of the job.

I spoke to Hugh and his big announcement was they're going to move the Works to a bigger location to help facilitate the demand and the fact that Matt himself has 24+ guitars at once between rigs A and B. They will be staying local in the Exeter area with the new location.

Sorry I didn't post pictures yet. I was having reception issues, but musecasters took care of it on Instagram during the announcement. I'll post later when I'm settled back in London.

Cool thanks.

I would think 25 of each would make sense, since they're based on different guitars.

Any idea if they discontinued the MB-1? I'm guessing yes, at least temporarily

Waiting for my email reply. It's as if more important things are going on at this very minute... :ninja:

Couldn't get any signal all day :facepalm:

No MB-1S' which is shocking and pretty annoying... the first quarter of next year is when they should go into production though. Apparently I'll definitely be getting one but this constant wait and push back of release dates is getting irritating. They're thinking of new finishes for the runs... stuff like black gloss, glitter and even carbon crossed Tim's mind :ninja:

Good news is I played MA-X and I am fucking blown away by it. I'm definitely getting a MA-X custom asap :)

Oh shit you're right

Do you like the ali top? Seems like that's pretty close to the real one, though they seem to offer different pickup choices, and the swirls are optional

Ali top is hot. Would be cool if they did aged nickel covers on them, but still looks swish. Gotta be the best looking MoC next to copper bomber

Couldn't get any signal all day :facepalm:

No MB-1S' which is shocking and pretty annoying... the first quarter of next year is when they should go into production though. Apparently I'll definitely be getting one but this constant wait and push back of release dates is getting irritating. They're thinking of new finishes for the runs... stuff like black gloss, glitter and even carbon crossed Tim's mind :ninja:

Good news is I played MA-X and I am fucking blown away by it. I'm definitely getting a MA-X custom asap :)

That's what I figured :erm:

And you should. Get one in gloss transparent red.

Ali top is hot. Would be cool if they did aged nickel covers on them, but still looks swish. Gotta be the best looking MoC next to copper bomber

Yeah I was wondering about the covers too. I'm definitely getting the P90 set in mine anyway, rather than what that one has

I'm steaming at 6pm and i've thrown £300 towards the Green thingy !!!

Could be worse. You could have done what I did.

Uh oh! What did you do?

Requested the DR-1 and SDL-1

I think I'm finally catching up to musecasters in the amount of MoCs owned :stunned:

Anyone else besides me and Sam bought one of the new guitars? I know one person has, but they don't have to come forward if they don't want to........

:ninja:

For the green one, Adrian says they're still working out how long/how many will be made. However, the first 99 will have their respective number stencilled on it like the #02 on the one at the show. Matt has number 01 with "extra gadgets" in it. After number 99 is built and sent off, every one after will have the number 77 stencilled on it. No set number on if this will be a continuous availability with "77" or if they will set a limit to it.

Tim says they are still working the kinks out in the mystery patented guitar. They also want to do a bomber run in the future, but they need to find someone to source the chrome job to their standards. Don't expect a copper bomber series due to the complexity of the job.

Anyone know the significance with 77?

Really excited about the possibility of a bomber series, even though it's probably a couple of years away.

I think I'm finally catching up to musecasters in the amount of MoCs owned :stunned:

Anyone else besides me and Sam bought one of the new guitars? I know one person has, but they don't have to come forward if they don't want to........

I put my deposit down for a DR-1 at the show , looks really cool and good quality

:)

I can't decide between the DL-1 or a custom. Adrian and Tim didn't help after talking to them for a bit haha

considering buying one of the green ones

am i the only one that thinks the Ali Top doesnt look all that sexy? it looks a little too polished and not as rugged and raw as the original. not to mention the ugly black floyd rose and tuning pegs.

and that string retainer... just eugh

Basically my thoughts exactly

am i the only one that thinks the Ali Top doesnt look all that sexy? it looks a little too polished and not as rugged and raw as the original. not to mention the ugly black floyd rose and tuning pegs.

and that string retainer... just eugh

It's pretty sexy in person in my opinion. Don't forget Matt played his for almost 9 years. So yeah a brand new one may look a little cleaner. Let's face it, besides the MB-2 SE run you're never going to get his exact guitar fellas. Look how clean the DL models are compared to his actual delorean and the red glitter on the MB-1S. And think about it, the MB runs always have MBK pickup selections (minus the hot p90 in the DL neck). Adrian did say at the show the "swirl package" will probably include the swirls on the pickups as well. I was personally surprised to see the vol/tone knob layout the same as the SDL vs Matt's standard layout.

I put my deposit down for a DR-1 at the show , looks really cool and good quality

:)

Of course it was you I was talking about ;)

Decided on a spec? I'll be getting the MBK and sustainiac

I can't decide between the DL-1 or a custom. Adrian and Tim didn't help after talking to them for a bit haha

Did you discuss your custom specs with them? I always end up changing my specs during the build for some reason. Probably because I send them the original design five minutes after coming up with it :facepalm:

Now's the time to get a DL-1 if you're considering one!

It's pretty sexy in person in my opinion. Don't forget Matt played his for almost 9 years. So yeah a brand new one may look a little cleaner. Let's face it, besides the MB-2 SE run you're never going to get his exact guitar fellas. Look how clean the DL models are compared to his actual delorean and the red glitter on the MB-1S. And think about it, the MB runs always have MBK pickup selections (minus the hot p90 in the DL neck). Adrian did say at the show the "swirl package" will probably include the swirls on the pickups as well. I was personally surprised to see the vol/tone knob layout the same as the SDL vs Matt's standard layout.

It did

NewDeloreanManson.jpg

I didn't realize the original didn't have a string retainer though. I wonder if it's necessary... maybe Bs knows as he's researched this in great detail

Archived