matthijs

Well, looks like Vile is going to have to be sent in. The midi-channel switch for the XY has caved in and is loose inside the casing. The top of the switch sits just above the base/washer and flops about all over the place. Doesn't look like something that can be easily fixed, but if so at least it's an excuse to send it south for finish repair/sustainiac kinda fun.

Hey!

So yesterday I decided to clean my guitar and change my strings. I accidentally ended up taking the part off where the action is set and then when I cleaned the dust off the bloody action setting nuts turned and now my action is not what it was :( can anyone give me an idiots guide or their measurements to get it back to how it was? It was set up perfectly before! :(

Hey!

So yesterday I decided to clean my guitar and change my strings. I accidentally ended up taking the part off where the action is set and then when I cleaned the dust off the bloody action setting nuts turned and now my action is not what it was :( can anyone give me an idiots guide or their measurements to get it back to how it was? It was set up perfectly before! :(

First loosen the strings a bit so you can adjust it, and measuring from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the string, start with these measurements:

2mm low E

1.6mm high E

First loosen the strings a bit so you can adjust it, and measuring from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the string, start with these measurements:

2mm low E

1.6mm high E

You are a star! Is that the measurements Manson give? Would it work using a ruler? I never knew the 1st string would be closer to the fret board.

You are a star! Is that the measurements Manson give? Would it work using a ruler? I never knew the 1st string would be closer to the fret board.

Nah, but whenever I receive a guitar from them, they're set more or less like that. Sometimes a tiny bit higher though. And yeah, I don't see why not

Is it new? If so the intensity setting might need tweaking a bit. If it's a problem that has just started I've no idea, haha. Sorry, I've lost track of who's been getting new guitars lately.

I've had it for about 7/8 weeks, so not entirely new. Must of only used the harmonic mode for about 90 seconds, tops.

Would that be one of the blue looking variable resistors on the circuit board?

So, is a damp cloth the best way to clean finger traces on the satin black after playing? Feels like if I wipe it clean every time, I'd end up with gloss black in 3 months.

Mine became glossed up after 3 months, and even Hugh was surprised. The finish isnt as hardwearing than the Cort I'm afraid. But that should be fine. I use a micro fiber cloth and some dunlop liquid thingy :D

I've had it for about 7/8 weeks, so not entirely new. Must of only used the harmonic mode for about 90 seconds, tops.

Would that be one of the blue looking variable resistors on the circuit board?

variable resistors?

Oh right. Yeah, it should be one of them - not sure which though. What happens in harmonic mode exactly? Is it completely dead? or does it only work on the low strings?

So, is a damp cloth the best way to clean finger traces on the satin black after playing? Feels like if I wipe it clean every time, I'd end up with gloss black in 3 months.

I would think any moisture would make that happen faster. I just use a micro fiber cloth - seems to work well enough

variable resistors?

Oh right. Yeah, it should be one of them - not sure which though. What happens in harmonic mode exactly? Is it completely dead? or does it only work on the low strings?

I would think any moisture would make that happen faster. I just use a micro fiber cloth - seems to work well enough

I dampen it, rub off the fingerprints and immediately go over it again with a dry cloth. If I just use a dry one, I can't get all the fingerprints off. :(

Oh well, I'll see how it goes.

The screwdrivable twisty doodads. It's completely brown bread.

c7VpEuJ.jpg

?

Breakfast hasn't been the same since I returned to the U.S.

This could mean Bs might never receive his amp.

But yeah, if it's not working at all, then that sounds like something different than the issues I've had with the fernandes ones... It's worth seeing what the two variable resistors do, but it really shouldn't need any adjustment if it just stops working for no reason

Or was it working properly in the first place? since you said you only used it for a short time?

Archived